"Fire that advertising agency and hire someone who doesn't suck so hard."
They clearly fixed this issue throughout the run with new commercials and playbills. It was just too little too late at that point.
"Move "You're Never Alone" to the top of the show."
That makes no sense, and fits into the story at the exactly the right time. Think about what was going on, on stage, during that song.
"IF we are going to believe that Robert is THAT perfect (except that he doesn't have a dog), then the show had better be 100% from Francesca's perspective."
Did you not hear the song sung by his ex wife? He was clearly emotionally unavailable and absent a lot during their relationship. That isn't a perfect man, and having a DOG doesn't make you perfect in any universe.
"Also, every Italian I have known does not ASK if you want to eat"
That's odd, because all of the Italians I was around when I lived in Italy for 2 years always asked. Force feeding isn't typically a thing. I have no idea why that be distracting.
"Let there be an explosive song instead of an awkward fake-out hug (30 second dream ballet?) thing."
What scene are you even talking about? There is no awkwardness with the two leads, ever.
"Clean up whatever as going on between the siblings and dad."
Just typical teenage angst and a Dad. Nothing to see there.
wck.org