News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15- Page 6

WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#125WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
Posted: 5/15/11 at 7:25pm

As far as I know, Janet was in the final show. She was only out yesterday. Updated On: 5/15/11 at 07:25 PM

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#126WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
Posted: 5/15/11 at 7:26pm

Jordan - she was in the show. Darren had a friend bring up a large box on the stage that he said was a gift for her, Darren then took out a ring box out of that big box and proposed to her.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#127WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
Posted: 5/15/11 at 7:28pm

What part of Janet was going to be out this weekend but because her show announced it was closing changed her plans and came back for the show today is so hard to comprehend?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#128WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
Posted: 5/15/11 at 7:29pm

Ah ok. I had thought everyone said she was missing th final show so I was confusified.

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#129WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
Posted: 5/15/11 at 8:01pm

I'm sorry but why do people think that just cuz a majority of people on board hate a show makes it the worst show of the season? I for one think that award goes to WOTV and Spider-Man...and Baby its You....

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#130WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
Posted: 5/15/11 at 9:03pm

Jmho, but wonderland has/had much more going for it than spiderman, but guess water under bridge now. All subjective-would be boring world if everyone had same tastes.

kissynose
#131WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
Posted: 5/15/11 at 9:34pm

This show proved to me that there are different tastes in the world. I see just about all the musicals every year. That being said..I loved this show. The music and book were both great to me. It was a simple story but hey its Alice in Wonderland. I can't imagine how something like Catch me if You Can.. which was totally boring will last over Wonderland. CMIYC had great performances but it was just boring. And Book of Morman gets all the praise this season...now that show was just moronic, blasphemy, that was uninspired and I've seen camp done so much better.

There is just a hatred for Frank Wildhorn..I don't get it. However it was smart for the producers to cut their loses. Another Broadway tragedy. Guess people rather see the overhyped "popular" shows. IE. Phantom

binau Profile Photo
binau
#132WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
Posted: 5/15/11 at 9:42pm

Kissynose, it doesn't matter if Book of Mormon is blasphemous because fictional things can't be offended.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

kissynose
#133WONDERLAND to Close on Broadway; Plays Final Show May 15
Posted: 5/15/11 at 9:57pm

I accept your view, but to me some things are not funny.Whether ficional or not some things are sacred and I'm not even Mormon. I wonder if a show about mocking the Jewish religion would be so well received? Putting subject matter aside I feel Book of Morman was just childish. Walmartopia and Bat Boy are better examples of camp.

Videos