News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)- Page 2

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)

EmeraldOzian
#25Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 6/20/18 at 4:38pm

Hopefully this frees up Daldry's schedule for Wicked. It's still very much seeming like the December 2019 date is what they are aiming for. I've noticed that some European dates were set on Universal's foreign websites for 18th and 19th December.

kelsey1389 Profile Photo
kelsey1389
#26Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 6/22/18 at 4:43pm

My biggest hope for this movie is that people who have been on Broadway before will get to be in the film as ensemble members or something like that... I think it would be a great way to honor everyone who has been in the show while leaving the leads for someone a little less well known. Although I do have a slight piece of hope that Amanda Jane Cooper might get to be Glinda- saw her last month and she was absolutely captivating.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#27Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 7/25/18 at 12:05pm

After seeing the delightful Lily James in the Mamma Mia! sequel, I would like to cast my vote for her as Glinda in this. I think she would be fantastic.

Also, not to be a downer, but with the recent news, it doesn't seem like Demi Lovato would be in the best place to be preparing for Elphaba in the next few months, no?

Solipsist234
#28Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 7/25/18 at 2:09pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "After seeing the delightful Lily James in the Mamma Mia! sequel, I would like to cast my vote for her as Glinda in this. I think she would be fantastic.

Also, not to be a downer, but with the recent news, it doesn't seem like Demi Lovato would be in the bestplace to be preparing for Elphaba in the next few months, no?
"

Yes for the first part of your post, definitely not for the second part! Also, everyone else before you already suggested James for Glinda, so no one cares what your opinion is on the casting of Glinda, unfortunately!

I'm pulling for Dove Cameron, as others have suggested! Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)

BroadwayConcierge
#29Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 7/25/18 at 2:12pm

Edit: never mind. Not worth my time anymore.

Updated On: 7/25/18 at 02:12 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#30Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 7/25/18 at 2:30pm

The news about Demi is so sad, but it seems like she'll pull through.

I wouldn't mind Lilly as Glinda at all, but can she hit very high notes? I know she's a mezzo. I'm with Solipsisto about Dove. I would looooove her as Glinda. 

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#31Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 7/25/18 at 3:42pm

Solipsist234 said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "After seeing the delightful Lily James in the Mamma Mia! sequel, I would like to cast my vote for her as Glinda in this. I think she would be fantastic.

Also, not to be a downer, but with the recent news, it doesn't seem like Demi Lovato would be in the bestplace to be preparing for Elphaba in the next few months, no?
"

Yes for the first part of your post, definitely not for the second part! Also, everyone else before you already suggested James for Glinda, so no one cares what your opinion is on the casting of Glinda, unfortunately!

I'm pulling for Dove Cameron, as others have suggested! Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
"

Just chill dude its starting to get old, it was funny when you first did it, but come on now, if you have a problem with BC just dont say anything, it literally gives me a headache every thread I click its you making comments. 

Anyway, I feel like no matter who they cast its gonna be very auto tuned. So it wont really matter! 

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

EmeraldOzian
#32Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 7/25/18 at 8:18pm

I could see Lily as either Elphaba or Glinda to be honest, her voice seemed good in Mamma Mia, certainly better than what we've gotten in some musical films. 

Patrick Stewart or James Earl Jones for the Wizard. Even George Clooney maybe?

Maybe they could even change Morrible to be more glamorous and younger and go with someone like Lady Gaga, if they keep the older more sinister route they could go Julie Andrews, Helen Mirren, Imelda Staunton or Helena Bonham Carter.

I firmly feel Elphaba is a star making role and should be filled by a talented new comer. I can't imagine anyone in Hollywood at the moment playing that part. Wicked can be made right if they cast it well and surround two new comer or unknown leads with a cast of veterans and a pop star for Fiyero.

Updated On: 7/25/18 at 08:18 PM

BroadwayConcierge
#33Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/23/18 at 7:35pm

Ariana Grande tweeted a video singing "For Good" in a bathroom, and the Wicked Twitter account replied. Might be a stretch, but figure it's worth noting if she's in the guessing game for Elphaba... 

Ryantheatrekid
#34Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/23/18 at 8:10pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Ariana Grande tweeted a video singing "For Good" in a bathroom, and theWickedTwitter account replied. Might be a stretch, but figure it's worth noting if she's in the guessing game for Elphaba..."

God please no. I really hope not. 

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#35Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/23/18 at 8:21pm

Eh, I think it's a stretch. She's probably just singing it as a fan.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#36Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/23/18 at 8:23pm

I still dont think this movie is going to happen.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Clyde15
#37Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/23/18 at 8:40pm

The world tour to promote her new album is kicking off in February. Between US, European, South American, Asian, and Australian legs of the tour she is going to be busy for a long time. Doubt she will be filming a movie anytime soon. Unless they manage to film the movie before February? But I highly doubt that.

robskynyc
#38Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/24/18 at 9:56am

Ryantheatrekid said: "God please no. I really hope not."

^ditto

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#39Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/24/18 at 10:00am

emaxman said: "I do not deny that the actors people have suggested are talented. Lea Michele-talented? ABSOLUTELY, no denying that. Right for this role? Hmm. Maybe on Broadway for a limited run, but please keep her far, far away from the movie adaptation. Ariana Grande....pop star-turned actor? It could happen, but Elphaba is not the role for her. Maybe both she and Lea Michele could be on Broadway sometime in the future, but keep Jessica Vosk there as long as possible :) PLEASE do not let either of these people FAR away from Oz. If anything,. CAST UNKNOWNS."

Ariana Grande was an actor before she was a pop star. Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)

kelsey1389 Profile Photo
kelsey1389
#40Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/24/18 at 10:31am

I really think that if this movie happens, Elphaba and Glinda should either be played by (for lack of a better term) Broadway people, or newcomers. Wicked is well known enough outside of the Broadway community that people will probably go see it without needing a huge name attached. That said, I think some of the roles (Morrible and the Wizard, maybe) could be played by some bigger name actors just to generate a little extra buzz. (It is also important to note that whoever is cast as the two leads need to have relatively big personalities to do all the press that will happen with this movie, and they need to have good chemistry, because on screen that translates very easily) I also think it would be really cool to have people who have previously been in the show on Broadway to be extras or in the "ensemble" of the movie. Kind of like a little hidden Easter egg for those who are fans of the show. 

robskynyc
#41Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/25/18 at 12:25am

wait wait wait... wasn’t she an actress before? she was on that kids show but she had red hair?

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#42Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/25/18 at 1:15am

robskynyc said: "wait wait wait... wasn’t she an actress before? she was on that kids show but she had red hair?"

Yes, but no ever claimed she was very good on the show. Her character was an over-the-top airhead. Not a great example of what she could do with the role of Elphaba.

Clyde15
#43Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/25/18 at 1:36am

She was also in 13 on Broadway

Soaring29 Profile Photo
Soaring29
#44Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/25/18 at 1:48am

Is this like actually happening or not?  What is the holdup here? Litigation with the Frank L. Baum estate or something? I'm getting kinda tired of all the speculation about it. 

James Kerrigan
#45Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 8/25/18 at 8:57am

Lea Michele as Elphaba 

Kristen Bell as Glinda

Harry Styles as Fiyero

Ben Platt as Boq

Victoria Justice as Nessarose

Meryll Streep as Madame Morrible 

Ted Danson as The Wizard of Oz

Cameos by Idina Mezel , Kristen Chenoweth and other Elphaba’s and Glinda’s

hayleyann
#46Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/26/18 at 6:53pm

Given her brilliance in A Star is Born, I think Lady Gaga should be in the conversation as Elphaba.

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)

VN1992
#47Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/27/18 at 8:48pm

I am on the side of keeping the casting within the broadway community. I think it's important for the integrity of the movie, and I think Schwartz is on that page as well, and I want to say that it will still be successful despite not using some Hollywood names.

I personally feel like the current tour Glinda and Elphaba, Ginna Claire Mason and Mary Kate Morrissey, are doing a splendid job and are the right age and have amazing chemistry. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#48Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/27/18 at 10:11pm

So, Katherine and Ariana's tweets/Wicked references were clearly about the concert special and not the movie.  

theaterwiz414
#49Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 9/28/18 at 8:23am

veronicamae said: "emaxman said: "I do not deny that the actors people have suggested are talented. Lea Michele-talented? ABSOLUTELY, no denying that. Right for this role? Hmm. Maybe on Broadway for a limited run, but please keep her far, far away from the movie adaptation. Ariana Grande....pop star-turned actor? It could happen, but Elphaba is not the role for her. Maybe both she and Lea Michele could be on Broadway sometime in the future, but keep Jessica Vosk there as long as possible :) PLEASE do not let either of these people FAR away from Oz. If anything,. CAST UNKNOWNS."

Ariana Grande was an actor before she was a pop star. Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)

"

^^^Yeah, I'm aware of that. but thanks! 

Videos