News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?- Page 3

Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?

Everlast85 Profile Photo
Everlast85
#50Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/10/15 at 10:41pm

"as it can be a very good thing with people accepting and connecting with others, but bad in the sense that too often these people become obsessed with these things and start taking it to bizarre and creepy levels."

Like starting a million threads with the SOLE purpose of making fun and mocking people who happen to like a specific show? Yeah, that is bizarre and creepy. I'm so glad that Instagram thing happened, and SO glad people are finally standing up to such an as$hole on this board. Sadly, there will always be people defending that person since they have been on here so long and are now immune to such disgusting behavior. Rach and Dustin, THANK YOU!

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#51Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 1:13am

If all of you think the theater superfans are bad you do not even know the extent to which some people go.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated
Updated On: 1/11/15 at 01:13 AM

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#52Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 1:19am

"I will however absolutely agree that Stage Dooring is a new phenomenon that has emerged in the last decade or so and is definitely the one that makes me scratch my head the most."

The term "stage-door Johnny" originated in 1910. The phenomenon has been around a bit longer than the last decade or so.

I didn't see Heathers. I don't care about its future endeavors. But wow, they have some thin-skinned fans (and composers) if they can't handle Jordan's posts.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

ghostlight2
#53Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 2:12am

"I didn't see Heathers. I don't care about its future endeavors. But wow, they have some thin-skinned fans (and composers) if they can't handle Jordan's posts"

Haven't seen the show in any form and never intend to, but why should anybody have to "handle" Jordan's posts? This forum has an off topic board. People come to the main board to talk about real things happening on Broadway.Even possible rumors, which this one definitely is not. Heathers is not coming to the Neil Simon and OP knows it.

Is it really too much to ask to keep the fake threads on the off topic board? OP knows this thread is a fake "funny" thread, but clearly some people in this thread seem to believe it.

Personally, I never thought OP's jokes about Heathers were ever funny, and in any case, got old a long time ago. What, really, is the point of poking fun at young enraptured fans during the run of a show and creating fake rumors about the show and its fans after it's been closed for months? That it's funny? Ok, then wouldn't it be just as funny on the off topic board? What's wrong with leaving the main board for true discussion about Broadway , and leaving the joke threads to the off topic board?

People come here for information. Accurate information. They shouldn't have to "handle" threads that are deliberately untrue.

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#54Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 2:59am

If people are coming here for information, they are going to be very disappointed.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

ghostlight2
#55Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 3:17am

"If people are coming here for information, they are going to be very disappointed"

That's unfortunately increasingly true, and I wonder if the people who run this board are aware of how much that is turning out to be the case. People from out of town use it to plan trips. It's a resource tool for many.

If it starts getting around that information on the main board is often untrustworthy, people will start going elsewhere, leaving it the hardcore of old-timers and jokers who like to make fun of the upcoming generation of theater-goers - and then it will go under. It's all so counterproductive when there's an off topic board to "play"on.

This isn't Broadway's version of The Onion. This forum is called Broadway World. It's supposed to be a board about Broadway, If you want to make it a joke board, make it a joke board..

Updated On: 1/11/15 at 03:17 AM

Buffalo Bill Profile Photo
Buffalo Bill
#56Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 12:19pm

There's a rumor that the Simon is getting Gigi.

From President Obama: "Over the years, musicals have been at the forefront of our social consciousness, challenging stereotypes, shaping our opinions about race and religion, death and disease, power and politics."

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#57Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 12:50pm

"People from out of town use it to plan trips. It's a resource tool for many."

So the concern is that people coming in the Spring might be putting Heathers on their potential list of shows to see, and they only read the first post in a thread as confirmation?

Most people planning trips typically know a handful of shows they are interested in, and ask the board to make sure they aren't missing any treasure that didn't get on their radar or warning them that one of their picks isn't as good as they might have been led to believe, etc. That bit works fine, and always has.

If every thread/post had to be humorless and on-point theater talk, you'd not have as many regulars on here, which is what creates the user activity that determines the ad rate BWW gets to charge. So, BWW would make far less money without joke threads and the train wrecks and the pile-ons.

ghostlight2
#58Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 2:06pm

"So the concern is that people coming in the Spring might be putting Heathers on their potential list of shows to see, and they only read the first post in a thread as confirmation? "

No, the concern is that certain posters frequently post false information in the effort to be funny and popular. It wasn't just the first post that was a joke/false, but rather that almost ALL of the first page of this thread was false, a joke, or people taking it seriously. This thread is far from an isolated incident. The problem is systemic. Quite often people come here asking for advice and are deliberately given false information because people think it's funny. Or new posters come in and are driven off.

"If every thread/post had to be humorless and on-point theater talk, you'd not have as many regulars on here, which is what creates the user activity that determines the ad rate BWW gets to charge. So, BWW would make far less money without joke threads and the train wrecks and the pile-ons. "

No thread has to be humorless (though I don't see what's so funny about a mean-spirited beat-to-death joke about a show that's been closed for months), and if you don't want on point theater talk, there's the off topic board. This thread is nothing more than spam on the main board. Temms and Sally, as I said, had some interesting thoughts, but it's lost in all the jokey nonsense.

It's only a matter of time before this board closes down if they don't instigate some changes. Or, like I said before, just turn the board into something else - but if you're going to promote the board as "Broadway World", it really shouldn't be too much to expect for it to be about Broadway - not fake stuff about Broadway.

Updated On: 1/11/15 at 02:06 PM

Liza's Headband
#59Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 3:36pm

You feel very strongly about this. It feels like you hate what this Board has become. So, why stick around and continue complaining?

ghostlight2
#60Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 3:51pm

I don't "hate" anything. I am expressing my opinion on certain posters and how I feel they are a detriment to the board, particularly when it comes to spreading false information and attacking other posters to the point of them suggesting other posters kill themselves, as OP has done in now-deleted threads.

There is more good than bad about BWW, but it is getting out of balance, imo.

Don't you feel the need to speak up when you see something wrong?

It is true that eventually I will probably leave, as many posters have. I certainly come here less and less - as many good posters have.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#61Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 4:17pm

"You feel very strongly about this. It feels like you hate what this Board has become. So, why stick around and continue complaining?"

Oh, f*ck yourself, sociopath.

"I am expressing my opinion on certain posters and how I feel they are a detriment to the board, particularly when it comes to spreading false information and attacking other posters to the point of them suggesting other posters kill themselves, as OP has done in now-deleted threads."

Thank you and BRAVO!

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#62Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 7:07pm

Mods, can you put us all out of our misery and just block Sue Storm once and for all?

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#63Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/11/15 at 10:39pm

If you're in misery, can't you just block Sutton yourself?!

Updated On: 1/11/15 at 10:39 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#64Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/12/15 at 12:34am

"So the concern is that people coming in the Spring might be putting Heathers on their potential list of shows to see, and they only read the first post in a thread as confirmation? "

----
OOOOOOOooook...OMG,a sly remark was made by the OP ~ so what! It's a theater blog so all you Heathers fandom just relax, don't be so sensitive as you don't have a sense of humor for this site as it's needed and move on...time for everyone to move on from this thread. If not, leave BWW as it will go on and on and on...
Will Heathers take the Simon...I thought it was funny as it was so far from being the truth so there!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 1/12/15 at 12:34 AM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#65Will GIGI Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/12/15 at 12:54am

There's a rumor that the Simon is getting Gigi.
---
^Bill probably true as the Nederlanders want it for one of their houses but I guess it all depends on the reviews from the Kennedy Center.
The Nederlander theater is also a possibility as the grosses have been pretty poor the last 2 months so we shall see what the reviews for Honeymoon are later in the week and if it has a future?
I have an agent friend seeing a client in GIGI next weekend so he'll be able to assess if it's any good for a Broadway transfer.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 1/12/15 at 12:54 AM

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#66Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/12/15 at 3:34am

Don't you dare try and change the subject.

Liza's Headband
#67Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/12/15 at 9:08am

You cannot moderate the internet, ghostlight. Your valiant efforts haven't gone unnoticed but, at the end of the day, there is no social injustice going on here. It's a message board. Just as you will have industry insiders and well-spoken veterans on here, you will also always have trolls and obnoxious bratty "girls" who apparently "live on the UWS" (Sutton Ross?). I would dare say that that's quite a fair trade-off for participating on the world wide web and the balance is maintained pretty well on here. To be fair, we all use the internet at our own risk. You should never put 100% stock in anything posted or said on websites and especially message boards.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#68Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/14/15 at 4:49pm

GIGI

Videos