News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

it's over!

Elphie4ever Profile Photo
Elphie4ever
#100re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:59pm

YAY!!!
Its Hairspray and Maybe Jersey Boys this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankeefan007
#101re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:01pm

No deal yet, according to NY1.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#102re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:01pm

"Thank God it's over, my picket duty was coming up Sunday"

Best news I heard all day!

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#103re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:02pm

Congrats to all you guys...and gals, and of course we fans too. re: it's over!
Updated On: 11/28/07 at 10:02 PM

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#104re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:14pm

So how sure are we that it's over? 98%?

I know you. I know you. I know you.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#105re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:16pm

"So how sure are we that it's over? 98%?"

99.99999%

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#106re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:19pm

Now watch the .000001% chance come through. re: it's over!

I know you. I know you. I know you.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#107re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:19pm

As hopeful as I am...I feel like we've been down this road every night this week.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#108re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:20pm

ok, so, deal is still trying to go through, but strike is over?

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#109re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:20pm

Agreed, adam.

While this looks more likely than the rest, I'm wary and really hope an official announcement comes at 11, so I can breathe again ;-P

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

benjamingullett Profile Photo
benjamingullett
#110re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:27pm

I hope good news comes soon ... but I just read this on Playbill.com:

--- Although NY1 reported that those picketing have been ordered to return their picket signs to the union office, union spokesperson Bruce Cohen told Playbill.com at 9:40 PM, "The picket lines always come down at 8:10 PM."

What was interpreted by the local cable channel as the end of the strike may not be so. "NY1 got it wrong and is correcting. On the other hand, do keep watching," Cohen added.

No official news about the strike's end has been announced, although word is expected one way or the other this evening. ---

Playbill Article

Go see JACOB MARLEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL this December 19 - 20 at The Colony Theater in Hillsboro, Ohio. For more information visit: http://www.jacobmarley.net

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#111re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:29pm

Yes, I have been looking too for headline news. Of course the Union has to vote on this. Any word on when this is going to happen?

I am just personally happy that they all feel optimistic about this new contract. If Claffey says it's alright then it has a winning chance of succeeding. So we will be happy.

The Union held it's ground! Sorry to disappoint some of you. That was progress moving forward and not backwards this time. When something BETTER comes along, then that will be progress. Getting rid of Unions, representation by the People for the People who work in a certain Industry is progress personified!

I am sorry some feel that going back to the primordial ooze is progress but if keeping Unions strong is sticking with the Dinosaurs I say the Dinosaurs in this era are a lot stronger and determined than those who would knock them down and make slave laborers out of everyone who works on Broadway.

Everyone got something but still the opposition moans! Or was that just those who hate Unions no matter what or who they represent? Sorry some feel stepped on by progress or a strive to create something of excellence in their field of work.

Strange because the League is a Union too. Just terrible when people band together to work for common goals! The nerve! It is even more terrible when a whole bunch of people get together and put on a magnificent performance? People from different groups all working together for the common good? Horrible.

Eventually though, even the Grinch comes to realize it isn't so bad to play fair and try to get along. Try the best that you can of course! It can all turn into something quite grand and I am so happy I get the chance sometimes to be a part of all of that. How wonderful!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#112re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:31pm

I don't know...my inside info says that performers have rehearsal tomorrow afternoon and then a performance tomorrow night. At least one show is going on tomorrow night.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#113re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:32pm

ITS NOT OVER!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#114re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:33pm

NY1 just confirmed a "tentative agreement has been reached."

They interrupted their regularly scheduled program...a hideously boring interview with Christine Pelosi.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#115re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:34pm

WHEN ITS OVER I'LL GLADLY DELETE MY POST!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#116re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:39pm

Will you delete all of them? Then your account?

"Have they come yet?"

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#117re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:40pm

Any thoughts on what producers may do to entice people back into the theatres after being dark for 19 days? Discounts, etc? I didn't follow the musicians strike very closely so I don't know of anything was done following that.

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#118re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:41pm

https://www.ny1.com/ny1/Living/on_stage.jsp

IT'S OVER!! re: it's over!

localonecrew
#119re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:42pm

told ya!

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
broadwayman17
#121re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:44pm

YAHOO! IT'S OVER!!!!!

Yes, but sometimes people have a third deeper layer thats the same as the first. Like pie. Dr. Horrible

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#122re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:44pm

I think this calls for a pajama dance party!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#123re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:45pm

The union just confirmed it, according to NY1.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

SahDu
#124re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:45pm

It's Over!: Labor Dispute Resolved as Stagehands Strike Ends Nov. 28 as per Playbill

Videos