News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

it's over!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#50re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:07pm

I wish I could see a show tomorrow night, if they're up and running, because I imagine the energy level in the theater will be amazing. I'd love to go see a high energy show like Hairpsray or something. Oh well....it'll be Mermaid this Saturday night...should be fun!

As for having a song stuck in my head...the one that comes to mind is that song from the Grinch where they all stand around the tree and sing, "dahoo dorees" or whatever that lyric.
Updated On: 11/28/07 at 09:07 PM

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#51re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:07pm

Buh-Bye, Billynj!!!

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#52re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:09pm

I think it just has :)

yay! Thanks localonecrew!

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

The Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
#52re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:09pm

right!

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#54re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:10pm

How about "We Need A Little Christmas"? lol

I'm working on my Christmas crafts and have Christmas music playing so it keeps leaking into my posts lol

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

brainlessorwise Profile Photo
brainlessorwise
#55re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:10pm

Wow! This is exciting. I'm still not able to get the knot in my stomach to go away until the actual press conference and schedule come out. I can't believe that it would take a couple of days of rehearsal to get back up.

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#56re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:11pm

"Can Christmas come in November?"

Apparently it can Eris. Bright lights and music abound. re: it's over!

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#57re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:12pm

Tonight was such a wonderful night for me re: it's over!

First - Gypsy
Second- The Strike is Over !

Updated On: 11/28/07 at 09:12 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#58re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:14pm

And all of this on the night they lit the tree in Rockefeller Center. A little Christmas magic for Broadway, perhaps??

A silly question for localonecrew...or anyone who knows, really. Why are they being asked to return the signs to the union office? Do they save them to use (God forbid) for the next strike? It would seem to me that these would be the sorts of things one could throw in the trash, no? Updated On: 11/28/07 at 09:14 PM

justafan2
#59re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:16pm

I agree---I would've loved to hear Al Roker announce that the strike was over just before they lit the tree.

billynj Profile Photo
billynj
#60re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:18pm

some of you are such ingrates

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#61re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:20pm

What a magical evening ! and as the TRUE SPRIT of the holiday... We should all be nice to one another... including you.. billynj (my friend re: it's over! ) - all has been forgotten !

re: it's over!

and Josh- pls dont be so down on yourself and be happy! Updated On: 11/28/07 at 09:20 PM

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#62re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:21pm

yay! Im so happy it is over.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#63re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:22pm

"some of you are such ingrates"

Yes! How DARE they be excited that this strike is over! You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves for such displays! Will you be dancing in the streets next? My goodness!

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#64re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:23pm

Finally! Some common sense prevails. I am sorry if this costs some people their jobs. There was just too much at stake for this to not get settled.

I appreciated everyone who took the time to help us keep up and get a better understanding of what goes on behind the scenes. Love this site most of the times because I just knew we would read here right away.

I just hope everyone has a happy Holiday Season and can re-schedule their trips to New York. Even if the terms aren't the best I can see everyone came out of this without too many losses.

I guess the Union is still alive and kicking. Those in the League will be very quickly reminded of why they pay these people for the work that they perform. The show is just that good.

I feel this will indeed put some of the spirit back into Broadway. I'm so happy everyone or mostly everyone will be able to go back to work.

I give The Grinch so much credit for showing everyone what a great show they were missing! Way to go Grinch! re: it's over!

Now we can dance again!

re: it's over!

JustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
#65re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:23pm

"A silly question for localonecrew...or anyone who knows, really. Why are they being asked to return the signs to the union office? Do they save them to use (God forbid) for the next strike? It would seem to me that these would be the sorts of things one could throw in the trash, no?"

Once the contract is negotiated, the rank and file will have to vote to approve it. If it is not approved by the membership, then that would mean that the strike would resume. I think it's fairly doubtful that this will happen, but you never know. So, they're probably just keeping the signs just in case they do have re-establish the picket lines. And maybe a couple will go into the archives to commemorate the 1st strike in Local One's history.

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#66re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:25pm

Meet you in Times Square Eris!

I love your style J* - Merry Christmas!
Updated On: 11/28/07 at 09:25 PM

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#67re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:25pm

thats right Josh! You'll get to see all the shows you want! SMILE re: it's over!

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#68re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:27pm

"Meet you in Times Square Eris!"

It'll take me an hour and a half to get there but I'll come! lol

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#69re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:28pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?
Wheres the official announcement then? Nothing on any news web site for ages!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 11/28/07 at 09:28 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#70re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:31pm

The guy on NY1 just closed his show saying "theatre fans, stay tuned, a deal MAY be coming to end the strike..."

(his emphasis, not mine)

I've never been so excited for a press conference!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 11/28/07 at 09:31 PM

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#71re: it's over!

Hehehe...It'll take me an hour and half or two Eris, I'm in Albany. But I'm so happy right now, I could run to New York City! re: it's over!

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#72re: it's over!

WONDERFUL NEWS !!! Though I may be far away, my heart was there and was praying for good news !!!! I am so happy for you all !!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#73re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:32pm

NY1 says it's "very very close." They have yet to actually hear from the League or Local One, but they say that what the picketers are telling the (especially that they're supposed to bring their signs back to the offices) looks very promising.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 11/28/07 at 09:32 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#74re: it's over!
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:33pm

What time is this press conference, and will it be broadcast on their website? Comcast doesn't carry NY1 here in North Jersey.

Videos