News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

nicest person @ stage door....- Page 4

nicest person @ stage door....

JaiRoAngel Profile Photo
JaiRoAngel
#75re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:44pm

I haven't met too many but the ones that stand out are:
Jai Rodriguez (of course!)
Melanie Brown
and Idina (sorry, she was!)

Che2be Profile Photo
Che2be
#76re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:51pm

CARY SHIELDS was really great to some of my friend and I while he was on tour with RENT. He stayed til everyone had everything signed and chatted with a bunch of us for a long time... great guy!

ponine24601
#77re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:55pm

i love cary sheilds. he's awesome.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

BroadwayStage05
#78re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:58pm

For me it would have to be John Cariani and Jessica Snow Wilson. For John it was amazing cuz i wrote talked with him before the show and all got to know each other then he took me backstage and we talked and chatted about life and what i want to do with my career and all that and he took me on the stage...AHHHH!!!! Also Jessica was kool cuz alot of people just look and are like sign my playbill and all and when she came to me , my mom and i were like soo amazing performance and actually talked and she was shocked and everyone didnt care about talking to her.. she was really sweet.!!

Elphaba984 Profile Photo
Elphaba984
#79re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 4:20pm

oh and i forgot to say Patrick Wilson... another sweet guy that takes the time to sign autographs. met him 3 times already. very nice guy.

"You can't stop someone who wants to be an artist. If they're going to do it, they're going to do it... Work as hard as you can on the things you can work on. Until it seems like there is no possible chance you're going to succeed, don't give up." ~ANDREW ASNES avatar: me and jason gillman... in the pouring rain.

NativeNewYorker
#80re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 5:07pm

Sutton's the NICEST girl...I met her after Millie last year and went on and on about amazing she was, and Sutton was just rolling her eyes and going, "Oh, shut up!" She's so modest. Christian Borle's really nice, too...

I talked to Delta Burke at the flea market and she chewed my ear off. I was just getting my picture taken with her because I thought it would be funny to have this random picture of me and Delta on my fridge (and everyone who's been in my kitchen this past year DOES ask about it!:)) She started talking to me and asking me questions about myself, and the guy taking our picture finally had to tell her to stop talking because she had a line waiting for her :) I'm sure she was always sweet to people outside the theatre, too...she just seemed so friendly and kind.

Mandy Gonzalez is SO sweet and bubbly.

And Tom Cavanaugh was ADORABLE...he was pretty bad in Urinetown, but just so sweet...he told jokes to some little boy and was giving hugs and smiles...what a pleasure.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#81re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 5:31pm

Oh yeah, I forgot Christian Borle.

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#82re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 5:44pm

Nicole Kidman was really nice (as was Tom Cruise) considering the mayhem that surrounded her Broadway debut in The Blue Room...

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#83re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 6:31pm

Hugh Jackman
John Tartaglia
Howard McGillin
The cast of Dracula
Lisa Vroman

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

#84re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 6:36pm

eww nicole kidmans very unkind. i tried to get her autograph once, and she totally blew us off to get in her car. i know it may seem a bit pushy. but she could take 2 seconds to sign her initials on a piece of paper.

well. on second note.
anthony rapp was totally a great guy after the opening of little shop. i was wearing a hooters shirt and we were totally laughing about it. he signed my rent program, my little shop cover, and by his picture and bio. what a nice guy.

also... sutton foster was sooooo nice. shes soo sweet with her fans. she must have taken a million pictures before she signed my program, and still had a smile on her face. gosh shes amazing.

erniesgirl96
#85re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:35pm

Alfred Molina was really very nice....stopped to talk to everyone and signed a lot of playbills.

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#86re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:39pm

Kristin Chenoweth, she makes sure everyone has a signed something and a picture if they wanted one. I didnt get to talk to her because she was in a rush but that was because she had family with her so I could understand.

*Kristen*
Updated On: 8/31/04 at 08:39 PM

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#87re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:44pm

The entire Q cast, but specifically, Barrett Foa, Rick Lyon, and Stephanie D'Abruzzo. I love them all!

Spooky
#88re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:47pm

Kristin Chenoweth was a sweetheart, even with the big ol blind man sunglasses on (heard the dog wasn't banned, but the rat problem was the reason for the end of the dog's run)
Sutton Foster was beyond charming
Jennifer Westfeldt was shocked we recognized her
Tonya Pinkins and the whole Caroline cast were practically begging us to tell people to come see the show.
It was off Broadway, but Ed Norton and Catherine Keener were both really nice. I thought Norton would be difficult (from past experience) but he couldn't have been nicer.
And in the audience at Beauty & the Beast, Kate Beckinsale was absolutely lovely (another one shocked we knew who she was)

All in all, haven't had too many bad experiences. I find people are only "bad" when you compare them to other experiences. Which is I think what happened with the Kristin/Idina thing. It's unfortunate because I think individually they're both quite nice but the endless comparisons were a bit much.

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#89re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:49pm

LMAO! spooky! I love those sunglasses but at night! It was kind of ridulous! No offence Kristin! lol

*Kristen*

Spooky
#90re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:55pm

well that photo banner you have more than makes up for any eye expressions I missed, maybe it's me, but that 3rd one is a little scary....

CJR
#91re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:56pm

Roz Ryan wears her sunglasses at night too....

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#92re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 9:47pm

yes it is! I really dont want to see her ass! lol

*Kristen*

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#93re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 10:10pm

Emily Skinner was one of the nicest. She chatted with my friend and I for about 15 minutes after a show once.....very nice.

Winokur_fan Profile Photo
Winokur_fan
#94re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 10:17pm

I haven't really been to too many shows--or ones that i've stayed at the stage door after show. But I would have to say that Marissa Jaret Winokur was the nicest to me. I had flown from WI to see her in L.A. She knew who I was from my website it was really awesome!! She was signing my playbill and looked at me and was like "It's you!! From the website!! hey!!" I think I almost died. But she chatted w/ me for a lil bit, and was really sweet.
MJW: From A Fan's Eyes

~*~Fairytales do come true~*~ Keala Settle: Aloha, Sistah! It's all good...<3<3<3

poundinG42ndst
#95re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 10:32pm

when i went to go see hairspray the entire cast was very nice to my friend and i they were great about picture and signing......it was a first time at the stagedoor for me and it was great!

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#96re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 10:49pm

anthony rapp-hes so shy! its sort of cute. we had a very nice conversation about the RENT movie and such. this was the LSOH tour. actually now that i tihnk about it the rest of the cast was great too-especially the person who played the dentist and my mind went blank and i feel bad for not remembering his name-(anyone know who he is?) anyways he gave me a sharpie re: nicest person @ stage door....

also, sort of a biased opinion, but ensemble members and swings will spend lots of time talking to you and even take you backstage if you so much as know their name re: nicest person @ stage door.... it absolutely makes my day when people appreciate the small roles in musicals... but you have to be quick, cuz a lot of us walk out quickly assuming no one wants out autograph... just a word of wisdom

BroadwayGal Profile Photo
BroadwayGal
#97re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:25pm

Diana Kaarina
Sutton Foster
Jessica Grové
Kristin Chenoweth
Hunter Foster

Yay for them!

*Don't dream too far, don't lose sight of who you are*

johny0828 Profile Photo
johny0828
#98re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 12:04am

gregory hines. and mary bond davis

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#99re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 9/1/04 at 12:15am

though I'm ashamed I know this Kristin told us she had to wear her sunglasses whenever she felt like taking a lot of pictures because she gets migranes :)

haha more than a fashion statement

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

Videos