News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm- Page 6

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#125stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:23am

Snooks wouldn't say that! Isn't her ex boyfriend gay?

Something tells me if someone else said this...like let's say Usher when he did his time in Chicago...everyone on here would be calling for his head.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#126stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:29am

Oh please. The only time Usher uses that word is when he's screaming out 'Give it to me harder, faggot!'

And where was I during the Bush years? I was playing Laura Bush in that Kushner piece. And I was goooooood.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#127stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:31am

Erik - I think you are absolutely right. Same for Sean Combs or Scarlett Johansson. And I don't think others would be so willing to accept the same fauxpology from any of them, either. But from a beloved Broadway cult star of Side Show who has PAID HER DUES, it's all ok, right?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#128stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:36am

Matt, what you just said struck me as interesting because I don't exactly agree with you (although I feel I should) If Sean Combs did the same thing than yes, there would be outrage and it would be all over the place. If Scarlet Johansson did it, I'm not so sure. I think first of all someone like her (if she ever would have a brain fart and do that) would issue a formal apology and all would be forgiven because she's just so damn sweet and I don't think anyone could believe she had any malicious intent behind it. But with Miss Alice, nobody knows what's going on in her head at any given moment so we're left to only assume the worst. I'm not defending her in any way (read my past posts here) but it's an interesting comparison that made me think.

SonofRobbieJ
#129stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:40am

Well. Let's face it. If Sean Combs did do that, the outrage would consist a lot of How dare he/All black people are homophobic/How could they all vote for Prop 8/I hate black people/Go back to Africa!

In contrast, I think this outcry has been muted!

Jordan Catalano
#130stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:42am

Robbie, wasn't it Usher that was telling Combs to give it to him harder, though?

Mister Matt
#131stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:43am

Scarlett probably would apologize, but even so, I think there would be FAR fewer (if any) people who would be as forgiving to her for using the word as those who have done so for Alice. Remember how she was ripped to shreds for commenting on the amount of spittle raining on her every night? More people felt more justified in slamming her for that than slamming someone else for dropping a "fag" bomb.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#132stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:43am

Alice needs a minder. Somebody to edit her the way the Jersey Shore producers never let us hear Snooki or The Situation use the word "fag."

Didn't she recently fire her longtime assistant?

Jordan Catalano
#133stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:48am

Matt, maybe you're right. I can't exactly picture her doing that anyways though. lol

The only person who's allowed to say whatever they want whenever they want about whoever they want if Sarah Silverman. It was decided a few years ago and that's just the way it is.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#134stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:48am

A slight kick to the silly cow diva's backside will do her no harm, and bring her some much-desired press. After all, she's hardly a real celebrity, is she? Outside the tiny fraction of people who pay attention to Broadway musical theatre (and the even tinier sub-fraction of that who see her shows), who has any idea who she is?

Jordan Catalano
#135stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:51am

This comment on her facebook page really scares me and speaks volumes about how people will go out of their way to show devotion to someone who they don't know and who doesn't want to know them. It also says a lot about her this person sees himself:

"I have never heard a more ridiuclous or nonsensical dust-up over nothing. I'm a fag, you're a fag hag, and we both have the right to use the word however the f#ck we want. And for the record: your initial post was equal parts hilarious and truthful. xM

SonofRobbieJ
#136stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:51am

"Robbie, wasn't it Usher that was telling Combs to give it to him harder, though?"

I can't say. I signed a confidentiality agreement.

I think a certain complacency sets in when hets are super-friendly with the homos. It gets to a point where the hets think they can talk to the homos like the homos talk amongst themselves. Kinda like giving out 'G' cards. Perhaps this is the case. But to not get it and not issue a very simple apology that seems sincere?

Kristen on the 700 Club was less a PR nightmare!

Mister Matt
#137stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:59am

But the thing is, I think Alice does get it. She has just taken the stance that it's just no big deal despite what anyone says. I think she basically made up her mind that anyone who might be offended must be a crazy fanatic. Having other blogs and websites pick up this story might help to clarify this a bit for her and add a bit more objectivity to the situation. Something beyond BWW (which she clearly dislikes) and Facebook (her comfortable world made up only of Ripley-lovers).

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#138stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 11:59am

Maybe Rip is not a homophobe, maybe she is. Everyone will have to draw their own conclusions on that one.

But what is undeniable is that she lacks sensitivity. Which is so very surprising for an actress of her skill.

But there you go.

....but the world goes 'round

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#139stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:00pm

Maybe now they can do The 700 Club together!

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#140stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:01pm

She also seems to be taking the (drearily familiar) stance that she's the victim. What was that nonsense about violence against women? Next she'll be carrying on about the First Amendment.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#141stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:03pm

I wonder if part of it is that sort of puffed up feeling one can get on the internet where even though you KNOW you've gone too far you kind of just feel like you have to keep going with it, rather than back down. I'm not say I have ever acted like that or anything, just that I get it. :)

Or she's just an idiot.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#142stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:04pm

I think you're right, Phyl.

SonofRobbieJ
#143stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:05pm

This whole thing is just an absurd bungling!

I mean...why even bother responding to ANYONE on a message board? You have a Tony. You LITERALLY won this argument. And then to purposely choose to use the word 'fag'?

I, frankly, wouldn't be surprised if she ends up pouring chocolate on her cooch and revealing it was all performance art.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#144stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:07pm

The internet has taught me that many Broadway peformers are absurdly thin-skinned and also so very bright.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#145stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:08pm

So now there ISN'T going to be a protest?? Dammit! I was looking forward to the youtube video like a child looks forward to Christmas.

Thanks for ruining my week, fags!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Mister Matt
#146stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:09pm

Great. Now RobbieJ reminded me of Belgian Waffles. A song I always wish I could forget.

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#147stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:10pm

That's okay Borstal, you still have the student productions of Phantom of the Opera to get you through.

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

chellie
#148stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:14pm

Someone commented on her wall something about the thread here, to which she replied:

GEEZ I SAID I WAS SORRY!

...That's what I used to say when I was five and was sick of my mother yelling at me. It's the LEAST genuine thing she could possibly say.
Updated On: 6/8/10 at 12:14 PM

FindingNamo
#149stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:19pm

"The only person who's allowed to say whatever they want whenever they want about whoever they want if Sarah Silverman. It was decided a few years ago and that's just the way it is."

I missed that meeting and definitely would have cast a "nay" vote.

I do expect Alice will kick it up a notch and I fully expect her to say or write, "Nobody hates homophobia more than I do." Sorry, NOBODY HATES HOMOPHOBIA MORE THAN I DO.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Videos