News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24- Page 2

von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#26von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 7:53pm

Mandy Bruno was Belle at Pittsburgh CLO.

http://www.pittsburghclo.org/shows/beautycast.cfm

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#27von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 7:56pm

I think it depends on when you last saw Essen. I first saw him in Finian's Rainbow at the Irish rep. and thought his performance of the leading man was completely amateurish and boring. Then I saw him as Dr. Neville Craven in the Secret Garden benefit and found him to be quite tolerable, his voice was great that night and he held his own against Pasquale during "Lilly’s eyes." Then when I saw him in Desperate Measures last year he was perfect. He a lot of energy and some great passion to the role that showed that he had grown as actor over the last few years (his voice pretty much soared over the audience the day I saw him in that too). I think he is still growing as an actor, but I think he has already improved a lot and look forward to seeing him in Les Miz. WOw, that was longer than I expected, I just love new talent.

Thank you Lizzie. Updated On: 3/20/07 at 07:56 PM

Sylar2 Profile Photo
Sylar2
#28von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 7:58pm

Everytime I see him I cant help but think of that character in the claymation holiday flick, Rudolph, that wants to be a dentist. What's the characters name?

RentBoy86
#29von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 7:58pm

Just listening to the NEO recording I don't find his voice all that strong, but to his credit, I've heard wonderful things about him in "The Baker's Wife." I'd love to hear his "Proud Lady."

LizzieCurry
#30von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 8:00pm

Then I saw him as Dr. Neville Craven in the Secret Garden benefit and found him to be quite tolerable, his voice was great that night and he held his own against Pasquale during "Lilly’s eyes."

...but von Essen didn't play Neville.

That was Will Chase. von Essen was Albert Lennox.

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#33von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 8:05pm

Woops, sorry then. He was still great in Desperate Measures though.

Sylar2 Profile Photo
Sylar2
#34von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 8:07pm

I saw Victor Wallace on the tour and he was prob one of my fav Enjolras but I heard he is doing that new Carmen musical at the LaJolla Playhouse.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#35von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 8:07pm

I didn't know Celia was leaving. Ann Harada is an interesting choice for that role(in a good way).

Sylar2 Profile Photo
Sylar2
#36von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 8:09pm

I think Ann will be AWESOME in that role.

LizzieCurry
#37von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 8:17pm

I saw Victor Wallace on the tour and he was prob one of my fav Enjolras but I heard he is doing that new Carmen musical at the LaJolla Playhouse.

Oh, is THAT what he's up to! His site was so out of date I didn't bother going until just now. von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#38von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 8:19pm

Lea Michelle would bring in more people than Mandy Bruno. Interesting. I'm not 100 percent sure about that. Mandy has a HUGE daytime drama fan base. Not to mention, she's uber-talented (not that Lea isn't). I think she'll bring in a lot of people - and perhaps people that wouldn't normally have gone in the first place.

Happy for her and the other replacements.. always good to mix things up a bit...

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Sylar2 Profile Photo
Sylar2
#39von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 8:19pm

Yeah, they just launched a website for it: http://carmenthemusical.com/content.php

Looks like it could be interesting....

MerMaggieGalinda
#37von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 9:08pm

If Mandy does bring in a large fan base, maybe it will be extended even longer and I can hopefully see the show when I go to NYC to see the Little Mermaid in December!

C is for Company
#38von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 9:18pm

Will Ann be using her Christmas Eve voice? haha just kidding

I think I'd find the show a little bit more joyful if she got to shriek "Nah go an feh som wota from da well in da woooo!"

Zeitoujo
#39von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 9:23pm

so all the casts last days are 22nd?

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Zeitoujo
#41von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 9:49pm

?

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#42von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 10:00pm

I'm very surprised that these actors aren't seeing out the season at least. I mean, I've been the first one to say that this revival doesn't have a shot in hell at any Tony nominations, but if these actors ever did have a shot, they absolutely will not now.

I guess this was Max von Essen's "scheduling conflict" that made him unable to continue with FALSETTOS at George Street Playhouse. Obviously LES MIS is the smarter gig to take.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Yankeefan007
#43von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 10:02pm

Glad you included that line about not having a shot in hell at a Tony....I was gonna ask you about that!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#45von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 10:09pm

"I'm very surprised that these actors aren't seeing out the season at least. I mean, I've been the first one to say that this revival doesn't have a shot in hell at any Tony nominations, but if these actors ever did have a shot, they absolutely will not now."

Keep in mind that the revival was initially scheduled to run through April 22nd (which is why all their contracts are up at that time.)

Keenan-Bolger, Lewis, Lazar, and Galloway may not have been able to extend past that date without another standard renewal extention period (which is usually anywhere from three to six months,) and some of them may already be pursuing other projects that would render them unable to stay for a significant amount of time any longer than their original contracted end dates.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

LizzieCurry
#46von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 10:13pm

Jenny Galloway may have also not been able to stay in the US any longer.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#47von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 10:18pm

Galloway's departure is due to her visa expiring. She's only been permitted to perform the initial six month engagement; no extensions.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#48von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 10:20pm

Never was there a story of more woe, than that of Marius and his ho.

It can be the most exciting actor, but Marius has a pretty boring role.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#49von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 10:26pm

* slightly off topic* wow jewishboy i don't know why i ever thought of Pasquale as George but your right! He'd be amazing! he's brilliant at almost anything but man would i love to see him nail the revival

*on topic. Damn I'll miss von Essen in Falsetto's but w/e we still got Colin Hanlon!! sad to see Celia

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

#50von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 10:53pm

Von Essen will be great im sure, but i would have liked to see Drew Sarich take over the role. i saw him understudy a few months ago and he was great.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#51von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
Posted: 3/20/07 at 10:56pm

Can someone please fill me in, what soap is Mandy Bruno on? I've never heard of her. I am excited about Max taking over.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Videos