News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sasha3

Sasha3 Profile Photo
Member Name: Sasha3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Awards fashions, what the heck?????
 Jun 6 2007, 01:50:54 PM
I just saw this thread after I emailed my friends the link to show them how God-awful everyone looked at this thing! What the heck!!

Patricia Elliot's ensemble was a complete disaster, Eve Best looked like she was going to dinner at the Olive Garden, Mary Birdsong's combination of red and white gingham shoes with a blue-and white polka-dotted bolero and a satin blue dress confused the heck out of me -- I mean, is she going to the opera, a picnic, her grandparents' 50th anniversary part

re: Jennifer Cody cast in XANADU
 Jan 18 2007, 11:58:17 AM
She's always in the ensemble. WTF??
re: What musical should be made into a movie next?
 Jan 18 2007, 11:56:47 AM
Carrie
re: Camelot
 Jan 18 2007, 11:54:56 AM
I've been in this show, and even from the perspective of a cast member it's boring.
re: does sutton foster pose for photos?
 Jan 18 2007, 11:27:55 AM
She's too big a star to deal with her fans at this point. It's really too bad, she used to be a total sweetie to her fans. She could really benefit from taking her cues from stars like Idina Menzel who don't let the fame go to their heads.
re: Sutton's understudy? :)
 Jul 7 2006, 12:10:24 AM
Okay, I can't resist. Here's the link to the girl I referred to earlier who, with heartbreaking sincerity and while wearing "Wicked" t-shirt", makes Sutton's Little Women song "Astonishing" even more wince-worthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGdrHOVjaU

re: Most Boring?
 Jul 6 2006, 01:40:51 PM
It's not current, but I actually fell asleep during "Little Women". Yikes. That one was pretty dull; even Beth's death was boring.

re: Sutton's understudy? :)
 Jul 6 2006, 01:37:30 PM
Dude.

Now I'm positive that I made far more horrifying and humiliating recordings of myself when I was younger, but at least we didn't have the internet back then so I could let the whole world in on just how big of a dork I was.

That said, there's another pretty good video of this same genre on YouTube of some girl singing "Astonishing".

re: Molly Ringwald as Sweet Charity?
 Jun 12 2006, 03:52:31 PM
Gotta jump on the Molly-bashing bandwagon because I was completely horrified when I saw her at the Tonys. I definitely think that she got some seriously bad plastic surgery -- her eyes were really freaking me out.

But that does not explain the bizarre lip-curl action she had going on -- if any of you Tivo'd the Tonys, put her presentation in slo-mo and you'll see what I'm talking about. Scary.

re: TONY AWARDS: Best and Worst Dressed Lists.
 Jun 12 2006, 03:45:19 PM
Muscle 23ftl -- yes, Lisa Lambert is the one who wrote Drowsy's lyrics. I just couldn't stop staring at her hair -- it was beyond bad. I mean, you're on national TV!!! Brush your hair!!

And I must be the only one who thinks this, judging by these posts, but -- Cynthia Nixon really needed a bra, just for a little shaping underneath that dress. When she moved, the effect was totally sloppy. Other than that, I thought she was probably the best-dressed of the evening.

Sara Ramire

Jun 12 2006, 02:45:57 PM
And what was up with Lisa Lambert's hair? Has it not seen a comb in years or what? Two words, Lisa: Flat iron. You can borrow mine.
 Jun 12 2006, 11:53:19 AM
What is up with Molly Ringwald? Did she scare anyone else with her overly wide eyes and generally freaked-out expression?

Oh, and I think Anna Paquin needs to get out in the sun. I'm no fan of overly-tanned skin or anything, but the girl looked like a freakin' vampire.

re: Your Favorite Musical Song Where Somebody Dies?
 Apr 20 2006, 03:05:48 PM
In "Thoroughly Modern Millie" during "Forget About The Boy" when an overstimulated Millie tap dances herself right into the orchestra pit and dies.

Sorry. I just hated that show and am feeling a bit punchy today.

The real answer for me is when Jesus dies on the cross during "Godspell" and the crowd sings "Go With God" (I think) and then the song turns into "Prepare Ye The Way Of The Lord" -- great scene.

re: Chess concert CD?
 Feb 9 2006, 12:06:22 AM
Groban was everyone's focus, I thought. Sutton failed to live up to my expectations -- again, she has the musical subtley of an elephant tromping through a field of poppies and my ears damn near bleed every time she tries to shout through notes in her higher registers. Yikes. Murney was okay -- she seemed to emulate Sutton a bit in her big comblasto moment .
re: DROWSY WILL TAKE THE MARQUIS!
 Feb 8 2006, 11:52:02 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but does Drowsy really have enough widespread/commercial appeal to warrant as large a space as the cursed Marquis? As far as I understand it from my colleagues on the west side, this is more of a show for showpeople -- people who know broadway, like most of us on this board, but certainly not the masses that a large scale show needs to stay alive.

Anyway, as for Foster, I've seen her in a number of things and still don't get the hype. She relies almost com

Lea Salonga!
 Jan 13 2006, 01:27:38 PM
Lea Salonga has one of the best voices of any Eponine I've seen (and I've seen this show so many times I have lost track). I never thought Sutton was that great in the role -- she seemed like she shouted through the last part of the song for effect; there was very little (if any) musicality to her interpretation. But I always feel that way whenever I see her -- she just belts everything to show how loud she can be. Got the memo, sister. You are loud.
re: Saw Some Celebrities This Week
 Oct 1 2005, 11:08:26 PM
I hooked up with Jesse Metcalf of "Desperate Housewives" at a post-Emmys party in L.A. a couple of weeks ago. He was totally hot, but my friends thought he was a jerk. Whatever. Love them luscious lips!!
The Surreal Life?
 Oct 1 2005, 10:49:22 PM
So if the whole cast is made up of B'way vets, does that make the Drowsy Chaperone "The Surreal Life Comes To Broadway"?
re: B'way grosses....My Goodness...How long can they hold on?
 May 17 2005, 10:27:49 AM
Haven't seen Brooklyn, but personally, I found LW to be really boring. If I hadn't known someone in the cast, I would have left after the first act.
re: Why wasn't Maureen nom?
 May 10 2005, 04:27:34 PM
Hmmm. Gonna disagree with you there, PJ. There's a difference between stage presence and the inappropriate stealing of focus in a scene -- and Sutton is more often than not guilty of the latter.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You