News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)- Page 21

Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#500Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/5/11 at 1:41pm

I still remember her guest appearance on WINGS as a complete lunatic. She's kinda brilliant.

The prom dress - yes! I also remember her on Delta Burke's short-lived Designing Women spin-off. She either replaced Julie Hagerty or Julie replaced her. I can't remember which off the top of my head. But whenever she showed up on a tv show you knew comedy would follow because she always seems to play characters who weren't all there.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

beautywickedlover
#501Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/18/11 at 4:28pm

I haven't seen the show since last spring and I have no desire to watch it again, but for those who are interested, look who might be coming back:

'Glee' scoop: Chord Overstreet in negotiations to return Updated On: 2/19/12 at 04:28 PM

sondheim94 Profile Photo
sondheim94
#502Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/18/11 at 5:27pm

I am very excited to see what they do with Grant Gustin. I saw/loved him in the tour of WSS
Grant Gustin

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#503Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/18/11 at 8:27pm

Why Chord Overstreet?? I was never a huge fan of Sam. And it's stupid how they were going to put him in a relationship with Mercedes and then have him leave before it went anywhere, but now he'll be back.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#504Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/18/11 at 9:12pm

Chord left on his own. He was going to get the option as a guest starring/recurring character, no different from his distinction last season, and decided to leave the show to concentrate on music.

I thought it was said his dad was out of state. Maybe make him on another glee club for sectionals but I would prefer he not fully get back in the New Directions circle. No more relationships, be it a Mercedes love triangle and definitely do not get back with crazy Quinn.

Grant's cute but he is going to feel the wrath of the Kurt-Blaine shippers.

I believe the Nov. 1st episode is the first episode in which Damian McGinty appears.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#505Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/18/11 at 10:26pm

Yay, I hope Sam does actually come back. I'm looking forward to seeing Damien too...when does the other Sam(uel) appear?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

beautywickedlover
#506Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 10/24/11 at 10:50am

It's official, Chord will return to show for a multi-episode arc in December.

Chord Overstreet Will Return to "Glee" in December

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#507Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/5/11 at 1:56pm

Any thoughts on Rory?

He didn't seem quite as likeable as Damien in real life, but I guess we were supposed to warm to him because of the bullying. They definitely overplayed the whole Irish thing, what with the leprechaun theme, green clothes and It's Not Easy Being Green.

Damien's acting left a little to be desired, and it sounded as if he was trying hard to enunciate clearly - overall I guess I was a little disappointed, but luckily he has his big smile as a saving grace.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#508Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/7/11 at 3:03pm

I didn't like Rory at all, he was just creepy. I didn't like the Puck/Shelby kiss either....oh well.

strummergirl
#509Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/7/11 at 3:45pm

I think it is acceptable when Brittany and bullies are playing off the leprechaun/Oirish angle but not the entire show characters. I wish the character was given more self-awareness or just written against the stereotype instead of playing it up, even for Brittany.

His singing wasn't bad it was just a poor choice of songs that reminded me that on The Glee Project, the judges really stunk at giving him a proper song. I remember when they gave him 'Danny Boy' despite it not fitting his vocal range at all. I wonder why? **sarcasm**

It should be noted that this episode did not have the original three writers of the show involved, it was Ali Adler, Ross Maxwell and Matthew Hodgson. Two are TV veterans who have worked with Ryan Murphy while the other is pretty new to the scene. Though interpretations based on how the characters work seems completely different among Murphy, Falchuk, and Brennan, and it just seems a little off in the way the characters are being written. I believe Ian Brennan is responsible for Brittany, which makes sense because she was her best on his written episode "Asian F" (I cannot be the only person who loved her line about patriarchy), but I think even Murphy and Falchuk have made good use of her in their episodes. The writing for her felt lazy and creepy, especially when the Christmas episode was referenced where it sort of took her childlike wonder a step too far.

The songs lacked energy though are not necessarily bad choices plot-wise. Outside of Asian F, I don't think there was a really a good balance of good story and songs this season.

For the most part the show has been written with more discipline but this episode is by far weakest when you account for a character introduction, characters back to some bad habits, and bad song choices all around.

beautywickedlover
#510Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/8/11 at 12:16pm

Like I mentioned earlier I haven't seen the show in a while, but I saw this on Entainment Weekly. The Parents Television Council is slamming the show for tonight's episode which is all about teenagers having sex. The organization says its objection has nothing to do with the gender of the characters, just their ages:

"The fact that Glee intends to not only broadcast, but celebrate children having sex is reprehensible, said PTC president Tim Winter. The gender of the high school characters involved is irrelevant. Teen sex is now more prevalent on TV than adult sex and Glee is only playing into that trend. Research proves that television is a teen sexual super peer that can, and likely will, influence a teens decision to become sexually active. Fox knows the show inherently attracts kids; celebrating teen sex constitutes gross recklessness."

"Few parents realize the creator of Glee [Ryan Murphy] also demonstrated his taste for the depths of depravity in creating [FX's] Nip/Tuck, a program in which no taboo was too extreme to violate, Winter added. In fact, he stated publicly that his legacy may be to make possible a rear-entry scene on broadcast television. If past behavior is any indicator, parents can expect Glee to continue down this dangerous path."

I have to agrre with them. I do not believe having sex as a teenager is a good idea and the fact that this show might encourage some young viewers to do it is not a good thing.

PTC comes out against 'Glee' teen sex Updated On: 11/9/11 at 12:16 PM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#511Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 12:31pm

Any thoughts on Rory?

I love me some Damian - have for years. And I was so excited to see him on the screen but I felt like his storyline was a bit rushed. I foretold the whole leprechaun thing with Brittany long ago so I wasn't surprised by it. I did like his rendition of "It's Not Easy Being Green" because it has such a deeper meaning. He's in his a new country far away from his friends and family. He only knows a few people and the culture is very different. I'd have liked the song better if at the end of it he stopped pretending since the songs ends with the singer being happy with who/what they are.

Personally, I hope to here some "craic" comments as we see more of him on the show. "Hey, Finn, let's have some craic after school." "Rory, drugs are bad" ((craic = fun/good times))

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

#512Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 12:58pm

High school kids don't have sex because they saw it on Glee. To suggest otherwise seems to me to be beyond delusional.

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#513Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 1:53pm

I think it was a bit much for an 8:00 show.

KFTC!!!!!

Jon
#514Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 2:33pm

I hate that they did bastardized versions of the WSS songs.

#515Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 2:55pm

Did you Stockard? I was hoping to get a parent's reaction- I thought the Like A Virgin number so long ago was much more explicit.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#516Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 3:34pm

Agreed, Joe. Like A Virgin was far more salacious than anything in last night's very sweet episode. And I thought A Boy Like That/I Have a Love was stunning.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#517Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 4:14pm

I agree also. Past episodes have had much more racy/suggestive moments.

But then again, I don't have kids.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

IAMWHATIAM Profile Photo
IAMWHATIAM
#518Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 4:21pm

I'm not often a fan of the show, but I watched the episode with my 15 year old son and found it to be pretty tame on the whole, with nothing salacious or inappropriate about it at all. It was hyped as the "sex episode", but that's just such a misnomer. To me, that episode was all about love, not sex. Love of art, love of self, love of another. It wasn't gratuitous or graphic. Those kids were 17 and 18 years old. As a society, I think of how lucky we would all be if our kids waited until they were 17 or 18, used protection and shared their first time with someone with whom they are in a loving relationship. To me, its biggest flaw, and the thing I'd most be concerned about, is that it overly idealized love, not that it celebrated sex too much.

Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love Love is Love
Updated On: 11/9/11 at 04:21 PM

strummergirl
#519Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 4:44pm

Now was that episode's depiction of sex REALLY worth have the PTC get in a tizzy over? The 'Power of Madonna', as RobbieJ mentioned with the 'Like A Virgin' cover inter-cutting to people in suggestive situations, episode had more skin shown.

That said I gasped at Brittany's revelation about how she lost her virginity. Forget spooning, did I just hear a rape joke?

IAMWHATIAM, I actually agree. I get when adults are starting to feel anxiety about relationships (this is why Coach Bieste just seems the most human to me) but that all of these kids are in relationships that are treated like an endgame. Relationship drama makes for good TV (though I would say the back 9 of Glee Season 2 really challenged that theory) but these declarations of love that most of the teen characters have on the show makes my eyes roll out my head.

Otherwise I like the episode. Felt more balanced and a lot less filler and shoehorned storylines.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#520Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 6:51pm

I think that the show pretty accurately portrays the heightened sense of finality your first love can have at that age. We all know the likelihood of marrying your high school sweetheart, but I don't think it's unrealistic to portray high schoolers believing the possibility when they're in love.

All in all, I agree that, if people are worried about sexual content, you can do a lot worse than featuring teens close to college having sex in a loving, committed relationship. Tina's speech about waiting and thinking and talking about it is, IMO, what we should hope for from teens at that age. Teens are going to have sex. Glee is not going to be what teaches them that they should.

That said I gasped at Brittany's revelation about how she lost her virginity. Forget spooning, did I just hear a rape joke?

I totally double-taked at that, too!

StockardFan
#521Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 8:55pm

I think if my son was 15, I wouldn't have a problem with it. My only issue is that my son is 8, and this show is on at 8:00 when he's still up. And it wasn't the Kurt and Blaine thing anymore than it was the Finn and Rachel. It's just a subject I'm not ready to talk about yet with an 8 year old (sex in general). He doesn't watch it usually anyway, so personally it was not a biggie in my house. I do know that there are kids his age that watch the show. Their parents should probably not let them, but I just think if it was moved to 9:00 it wouldn't be an issue for anyone. It's just my opinion though.

KFTC!!!!!

StockardFan
#522Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 9:03pm

OK, the more I think about it I want to try to explain myself better. At 8, all he knows about sex is that it's how a man and a woman make a baby. He doesn't understand that people have sex for pleasure at this point. So trying to explain why Kurt and Blaine would have sex would be confusing. He knows 2 men can love each other, but not understanding that sex is also for pleasure - why would 2 boys have sex. Same with Finn and Rachel. They are high school kids, so why would they want to make a baby? I hope that explains a little more why it's hard to explain this stuff to an 8 year old.

KFTC!!!!!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#523Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 9:07pm

^ I totally understand. 8 is too young to be really going into that stuff with them. At least the episode got a tv-14 rating last night. Now how many parents actually paid attention to that, who knows.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

StockardFan
#524Official Glee Love Thread (Part 2)
Posted: 11/9/11 at 9:17pm

LOL, true. I didn't turn it on until halfway through, but my son was at a hockey game anyway so he wasn't home. He already asks me enough questions about sex -- I don't need anything else encouraging them. : )

KFTC!!!!!

Videos