pixeltracker

Shootings! Shootings! Shootings! Today's and tomorrow's shootings!- Page 22

Shootings! Shootings! Shootings! Today's and tomorrow's shootings!

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#525today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 10:18am

Yeah amazing was a poor choice of words on my part. Infuriating would be more accurate.

Charleston church shooting: Without gun control, racism will keep killing black people

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#526today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 10:18am

The simple fact is, that flag is a symbol of racism, segregation and most importantly, Terrorism.  It's inexcusable and South Carolina is one of the states that does not have a hate crime law. This whole thing is just sickening to it's core. 

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...
Updated On: 6/19/15 at 10:18 AM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#527today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 10:24am

What kills me is that I don't see any gun control laws in the future, no matter how heinous a crime is committed.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#528today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 10:26am

America did't change the gun control laws after Sandy Hook, what makes anyone think we are going to change them now?

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#529today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 10:27am

And there won't be until we repeal the Second Amendment.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#530today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 10:35am

"Yeah amazing was a poor choice of words on my part."

Eric, I don't think it was a poor choice of words at all. We can be amazed at horrific things as well as wonderful ones.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#531today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 10:40am

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/18/its_not_about_mental_illness_the_big_lie_that_always_follows_mass_shootings_by_white_males/

"We’ve successfully created a world so topsy-turvy that seeking medical help for depression or anxiety is apparently stronger evidence of violent tendencies than going out and purchasing a weapon whose only purpose is committing acts of violence. We’ve got a narrative going where doing the former is something we’re OK with stigmatizing but not the latter. God bless America."

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 6/19/15 at 10:40 AM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#532today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 11:33am

I was reading about the arrest on my way to work today. Sylvia Johnson, a cousin of Clementa Pinckney told MSNBC that a survivor told her that the gunman reloaded 5 times during the attack despite pleas for him to stop. "He just said, 'I have to do it. You rape our women and you're raking over our country."

I had to stop reading. I was literally in tears on the train. The woman next to me was kind enough to hand me a tissue. This just breaks my heart.

Updated On: 6/19/15 at 11:33 AM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#533today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 12:33pm

Auggie, thanks for posting that article. It addressed some of my questions. However, in this statement of yours:

"Anyone with a mental illness diagnosis should surrender all of their constitutional rights, right now, rather than at all compromise the right to bear arms of self-declared sane people."

I think you're painting the issue with a broad brush, doing a disservice to the mentally ill. There are many types and many degrees of mental illness. My sister had 3 different diagnoses but none of them would require her surrendering her constitutional rights (especially being eligible for insurance and other medical help).

As for being institutionalized, I don't know if you're aware that those institutions treat the mentally ill until they're stabilized with meds, and then turn them out. They don't have the room nor funds to do much else.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#534today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 12:46pm

^I'm confused by your post, since I didn't state that or write it anywhere on this board. Maybe someone else's post?  I only inserted the Salon.com article and excerpted a quote, attributable to the author (but still note the words you cite).

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#535today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 1:01pm

You're right, Auggie. Arthur Chu said it. I"m sorry for my mistake, a big one!

I'd like to tell Arthur Chu a thing or two.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#536today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 1:01pm

You're right, Auggie. Arthur Chu said it. I"m sorry for my mistake, a big one!

I'd like to tell Arthur Chu a thing or two.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#537today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 1:10pm

I'm pretty sure the writer is being sarcastic, saying that would be the preference of people who want to, as he says a couple lines above that, "throw the mentally ill under the bus."

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#538today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 1:32pm

thanks, Reggie. I don't know, I read it but didn't get his drift, I guess.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#539today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 1:36pm

I know  nobody asked me, but I just wanted to say that in my old age, I have become very literal. I miss a lot of nuances, and I realize it. You can excuse me for it, or not!

ok, carry on. 

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#540today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 2:00pm

The florist's story is quite interesting. She apparently recognized Roof while she was in her car and followed him for 30 minutes while she was on the phone with her boss, who called the police on her behalf. 

Good for her being so vigilant. When I'm in the car I feel like I don't notice anyone around me. 

skies Profile Photo
skies
#541today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 2:27pm

Someone is mentally ill if they kill unarmed innocents, but that's only used for a certain profile, namely white suburban or middle class males.  That this murderer was a racist with a specific agenda gets glossed over.  

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#542today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 4:20pm

I find it funny that back in the late 60's when the Black Panthers were walking around with right to carry weapons the NRA was all for gun control... even later, in the 70's Saint Ronnie was against carrying weapons and the NRA agreed. My, how things have changed.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#543today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 5:25pm

today's shootings

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#544today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 5:42pm

As heartbreaking as it is, it's important that all of America look at these faces.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#545today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 6:09pm

Ever time someone on Facebook posts another picture of the killer, I post that.  We don't need to keep showing these douche bags and stop giving them what they want, attention.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#546today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 6:19pm

I can't get rid of the babies Reggie, they are there forever.

Stephanatic

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#547today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 6:37pm

"Sadly, I fear this thread will never be very far down the page."

Stephanatic

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#548today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 9:01pm

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it's been on my mind and it's certainly fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJEWmDna_cI

I know you. I know you. I know you.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#549today's shootings
Posted: 6/19/15 at 11:02pm

And this.

Videos