pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*- Page 8

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#175RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 12:29am

It was going so well. Imagine how much more exciting and interesting it would be with a different top four. It should be Alaska, Alyssa, Tati, and Katya.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#176RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 2:56am

Alaska is talented and such a smart drag queen, but that tantrum during the deliberation was incredibly immature and tackier than any other queen's this season. Even Phi Phi. It was like watching Phi Phi's Twitter rants the last weeks unfurl on television. I wish Katya won the lip synch and sent her home, although Detox absolutely deserved that lip synch! After being average in the main challenges this season, it was great to see Detox really step it up (although her runways are usually the strongest).

Also ,You KNEW RoXy knew she was safe when Detox called RoXy her best friend on the stage. Her face BEAMED. The look of shock on the judges when Detox sent Alyssa home (and on the anniversary of her mother's death, of all days) said it all. That being said, I think Alyssa (and Tatianna!) were the breakout stars of the season. 

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#177RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 3:01am

There's zero reason for RoXy to be there. I wanted Alaska gone after her behavior tonight. That was a hot mess. I love Detox and felt like she has gotten a crap deal this season. I felt like she was in the bottom when she shouldn't have been. Then, for her to finally get a win and save Rolaskatox was garbage. 

Still team Katya. 

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Roscoe
#178RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 9:18am

Pathetic.  That useless RoXy continues to take up space.  She has coasted to the top, and is only there because she is nothing even remotely like a threat.  I'm disappointed with this show now.  And the look of shock on RuPaul's face seemed to suggest that she wasn't all that pleased either.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#179RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 9:36am

I refuse to believe Ru didn't know who was being sent. They film which lipstick each girl picks, so you know Ru is given that info before he decides who wins. 

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#180RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 9:51am

That episode quickly went from potentially fun to unentertaining and grim.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#181RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 9:55am

The silver linings to this episode were Katya's mom and her fantastic Boston accent and Alyssa's continued classiness.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#182RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 10:03am

I didn't mind Alaska's tantrum. People on this board and my friends have been saying she's "too perfect" and you need to see some vulnerability and that was it, guys. You saw a queen who's worked really really hard crash because of the amount of work she'd been putting in and be vulnerable.

I agree that finalists should have been Alaska, Alyssa, Tati, and Katya; but I'm glad RuPaul didn't go "um no, RoXy gtfo". I like that he follows his own rules and breaks them only when he feels it is absolutely necessary to do so. She played coy during season 7 finale and said "Katya" while announcing winners as a nod to audiences who all really wanted Katya to win. That's the sheer brilliance of Ru.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ArtMan
#183RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 10:23am

Valentina3 said: "I didn't mind Alaska's tantrum. People on this board and my friends have been saying she's "too perfect" and you need to see some vulnerability and that was it, guys. You saw a queen who's worked really really hard crash because of the amount of work she'd been putting in and be vulnerablgtfo". 

"

BS!  She turned to bribery in order to stay.  The real vulnerability I saw tonight was from Detoxx, who I generally have just an average opinion about.  She deserved the win. She and her sister looked great.  Alyssa also showed real vulnerability.  But that didn't surprise me.  She has been a class act from the beginning.  She has been my favorite and sadly she left due to favoritism. 

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#184RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 10:31am

I can understand why Alaska would be so upset, but other than Langanja, I can't remember a queen who had anything like that kind of a breakdown from being in the bottom. It was uncomfortable, and her now all but assured win will feel a bit sour because of it.

My head is with Alaska, because she has really slayed the competition, but my heart is with Katya. She's such fun, and her work this week was delightful. Alyssa was also classy and graceful until the end, but she should still be in the running. Now Alaska's victory feels inevitable, but with Alyssa in the race it would have felt much more like a competition. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#185RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 10:33am

It was an ugly tantrum, but the bribery stuff was clearly a very sour attempt at a joke.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#186RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 11:13am

Yeah, it really was just a bad joke trying to make up for her behavior.

I really didn't think I'd learn to love Alyssa so much. But this and this make me adore her more and more, especially after that season.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#187RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 2:12pm

Kad said: "It was an ugly tantrum, but the bribery stuff was clearly a very sour attempt at a joke."

That may be true, but when she walked away from Katya after Katya said "Party"... I cringed. Very disappointed in that behavior.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#188RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 2:24pm

Oh, I was in no way trying to excuse any of her behavior. It's really inexcusable and unbecoming of the queen who would be crowned.

JerseyGirl2
#189RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 3:32pm

So, they filmed endings with each of the final four taking the crown, I believe. (May have just been 3) They filmed the reunion last Monday. Last night, they asked everyone to Tweet your #team and such. The retweet and favorites stats from the WoW account are currently as follows:

RoXy: 80, 198

Detox:  230, 428

Alaska: 665, 770

Katya: 10.6k, 12.7k

Clearly, there's a fan favorite as all of these queens have huge social media followings. Do you think these fan votes have any actual bearing on something that has been edited and is supposed to air in 6 days?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 10/7/16 at 03:32 PM

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#190RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 3:58pm

I've been asking myself the same question, it feels so rushed to have the fans vote the week before. I wouldn't have minded a week off to have more time to do it right.

Does anyone know if they definitely filmed an ending with all the queens winning? Is this finale going to be like the Season 7 and 8 finale in a big auditorium or was it filmed in the studio?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#191RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 4:49pm

Ru has always said that she takes into account fan opinion... but the final decision is hers.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#192RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/7/16 at 7:40pm

I just finished watching last night's episode and am disgusted by the Rolaskatox nonsense as well. Despite the editing setting us up for an Alaska win all season, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Katya. 

The ugliness Alaska showed tonight sort of reminds me of what Ginger Minj did her season where she went on her "Bitter Old Lady Brigade" tirades right before her finale, which turned a lot of the fans off from her. And I think that wide spread reaction to that nastiness played a part in the crown going to Violet. I hope the side of Alaska we saw tonight tips the scales in Katya's favor. She has been a class act throughout all of this.

Updated On: 10/7/16 at 07:40 PM

JerseyGirl2
#193RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/8/16 at 2:35am

Ru has always said that she takes into account fan opinion... but the final decision is hers.

Right, but from a practical standpoint, the episode has already been edited and the reunion shot. They showed the contestants the episodes that had yet to air before they filmed the reunion. The crowning is Thursday. The reunion airs the following week. It wouldn't really make much sense to air the reunion after the crowning, if the contestants didn't know anything beyond the top four at the time of filming. I think it was all already in the can weeks ago. The fan vote is pretty pointless. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#194RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/8/16 at 11:25am

It's going to be really interesting if anyone but Katya wins, seeing how she's the clear online winner and Ru "looks at the polls". 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#195RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/8/16 at 1:33pm

JerseyGirl2 said: "Ru has always said that she takes into account fan opinion... but the final decision is hers.

Right, but from a practical standpoint, the episode has already been edited and the reunion shot. They showed the contestants the episodes that had yet to air before they filmed the reunion. The crowning is Thursday. The reunion airs the following week. It wouldn't really make much sense to air the reunion after the crowning, if the contestants didn't know anything beyond the top four at the time of filming. I think it was all already in the can weeks ago. The fan vote is pretty pointless. 
"

The crowning is always shot as an easily insertable segment- they shoot each of the queens being "crowned" and then broadcast the true winner out of those. No one knows who wins until it airs. 

JerseyGirl2
#196RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/10/16 at 10:08am

They did it differently this time. Normally, they film the finale just after the last real episode airs, when the top three is revealed, so they film three crownings before a big audience. The next week they air a recap show. Then the finale/crowning airs. That's the moment the contestants find out who wins and there's a REAL crowning at some big viewing party. 

This time they filmed a reunion, rather than a finale. They filmed three crownings a year ago, during the regular season. The thought is that they weren't sure how popular the season would be and didn't know if they would have the support for a large finale, so they just filmed a completed season. They showed the contestants the remaining episodes two weeks ago, just before filming the reunion. Katya posted a Snapchat shortly after filming that said, "I know something you don't know."  Logo is calling this week's episode, "the crowning," then the reunion airs the next week. It would make no sense to have the reunion air after the crowning if the contestants don't know who won when they filmed it. So, unless they are going to pull a big twist and not crown on the crowning episode, they know.

Updated On: 10/10/16 at 10:08 AM

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#197RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/10/16 at 11:11am

8th episode is apparently called  "All Stars Supergroup". Here's the description from LogoTv - 

"The winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars is crowned. But first, the queens must write original rap lyrics and perform as the ultimate girl group."

I don't know what the reunion episode would have. Would there be a Miss Congeniality for this? I mean Alyssa has that one in.the.bag.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
JerseyGirl2
#199RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 2 *Trailer Now Out*
Posted: 10/11/16 at 12:47pm

Alaska is handling this like a pro. 

Updated On: 10/11/16 at 12:47 PM

Videos