pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 10

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

beautywickedlover
#225NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:42pm

After looking at The Pud's article, it didn't help the fact that the show also had to compete against 'NCIS', 'New Girl', 'The Bachelor' (which aired on a special night).

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#226NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:45pm

They can't cancel it...ever. They promised it to me as a reward to me for being one of their 3 loyal viewers since back in the Frasier and Caroline in the City days.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."
Updated On: 2/6/13 at 12:45 PM

The Pud
#227NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:47pm

Broadway Here I Come is awsome and so is Jordan, this show will only propell him further into stardom, he will have not trouble getting work if Smash doesnt' survive. The first hour was a little slow and Smash should have started out with bang hopefully it picks up momentum.
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/whoa_show_no_mo_uGITtdCFLIppIaD0IrD6EL

Dr. Jaykll Profile Photo
Dr. Jaykll
#228NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:48pm

Full "Bombshell" cast recording available for early preview here:
http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/11

On page 3.
Enjoy!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#229NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 1:30pm

Rachel Shukert's recap reads like it was written by someone on coke. Almost five paragraphs before she even starts talking about the actual show. Miranda July! Miranda Priestly! SNIFFFFFFF.

I personally HATE the use of 'real' theatre people in this completely unreal world of SMASH. I actually don't have a problem accepting the alternate reality that SMASH is presenting...but having Michael Riedel and Jordan Roth show up just makes things weird and disjointed. Imagine if they got a real actor to play the nasty gossip columnist instead of that unsettling wraith.

Robbie, I thought almost this exact thing last night. Michael Riedel is bad enough, but Jordan Roth? Liza will be wasted playing herself. I'm surprised ACADEMY AWARD WINNER JENNIFER HUDSON wasn't playing herself. The "as themselves" cameos add nothing (even Harvey Fierstein would have been better served playing a character) and the lower end ones (like the aforementioned Jordan Roth) aren't anything but in-jokes for New Yorkers.

But I guess this thread is just gonna be like last year, where three people love it, most everyone else just bitches about everything, and a small contingent goes out of their way to spoil each and every plot point of the upcoming season.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#230NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 2:00pm

I liked most of last night but by 10:30 was ready to move on. 2 hours for Smash is too much.

Jennifer Hudson totally out sang Kat McPhee on their party number. Looking forward to more of Hudson this season.

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#231NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 2:05pm

It'll be interesting to see what happens with these ratings when the C+3 ratings come in that show who watched via DVR. Those had a big lift for shows like Revolution, and that's the ultimate number that advertisers buy, not the live ratings anymore.

While the comparison from season finale last year is totally appropriate, the premiere to premiere is wacky. With super bowl hype plus the voice it's totally apples to oranges. I doubt anyone will make decisions about the life of Smash until it's back behind The Voice. If it can pull decent numbers there, it will continue to live (I HOPE).

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#232NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 2:10pm

IMO - I think people "bitch" about it because they think it has to be exactly like Broadway. This is fiction and they will stretch the truth to try and make the show more entertaining.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#233NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 2:13pm

IMO - seemed to me this was Hudson's song and McPhee was more of a backup vocalist until near the end when she had small solo part.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#234NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 2:20pm

"Rachel Shukert's recap reads like it was written by someone on coke. Almost five paragraphs before she even starts talking about the actual show. Miranda July! Miranda Priestly! SNIFFFFFFF."

Which is why I LOVE them. They remind me of every great Saturday night I've ever had!

SporkGoddess
#235NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 2:36pm

I don't usually enjoy Rachel Shukert's recap, but this one was great. Loved her comment about Karen being the better "villain" because she's just so naturally unlikeable.

As for Julia's pregnancy, it's pretty easy to just write it off as the stomach flu or anxiety wreaking havoc on her stomach. I don't recall it showing her throwing up over a really long time.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 2/6/13 at 02:36 PM

SonofRobbieJ
#236NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 2:39pm

Yeah...I thought it ended up being anxiety?

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#237NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 2:42pm

I actually enjoyed last night's episode quite a bit; I think I really like this new, streamlined style. Still prefer Ivy to Karen, and I'm glad they've repaired Ivy's character from the extremes of last season. In all fairness, I wasn't as bothered by Karen now that she seems to have a spine (though getting Ivy fired was a nasty bit of diva behavior, IMO). Jennifer Hudson, glorious as always, and completely outshone everyone else whenever she was on screen. It was nice to see Julia finally pulling it together and Derek falling apart a bit. Jeremy Jordan's Jimmy (wow, say that three times fast) is so unlikeable he's likeable, if that makes sense, and "Broadway Here I Come" was probably my favorite number of the night. And Andy Mientus's Kyle is just adorable. The scene at the gala was also a favorite of mine, watching the team scheme and come together. Also, nice touch of Derek kissing Ivy's hand- I think it's nice to show that he is capable of actual affection, not just sleaze (ditto for the heartfelt moment with Karen after the show was frozen, telling her to find "something else.") Overall, I think I may allow myself to have hope in this show yet!

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#238NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 2:44pm

""IMO - I think people "bitch" about it because they think it has to be exactly like Broadway. This is fiction and they will stretch the truth to try and make the show more entertaining.""

AGREED. just like the law firm in THE GOOD WIFE

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

SonofRobbieJ
#239NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 2:57pm

"IMO - I think people "bitch" about it because they think it has to be exactly like Broadway. This is fiction and they will stretch the truth to try and make the show more entertaining."

I'd be perfectly fine with that if we lived in a world where ALL THAT JAZZ never existed. But we have actually seen entertainment about Broadway that is entertaining (even over the top) and still find an emotional truth that this show lacks.

But whatever, I love to hate it and I hate to love it. I'll never stop watching.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#240NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 3:04pm

Oh, I'm fine with the pregnancy never being mentioned again. I just thought it was noteworthy that everything from Dev to the scarves seemed to get a wrap-up, so the fact that that was ignored so blatantly surprised me. But I do not want her to be pregnant at all. I want her to find a non-annoying man and have hot sex that will unlock her creative juices.

I DID think it was kind of funny to be setting up this "Derrick is getting a comeuppance for being a womanizer" in the same episode where Jeremy Jordon so sexistly dismissed McPhee because she was "uptight."

Updated On: 2/6/13 at 03:04 PM

SonofRobbieJ
#241NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 3:07pm

Wait...he just was a little too date rapey for me. I was uncomfortable.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#242NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 3:09pm

Who? Derrick or Jeremy Jordan?

StarToBe2
#243NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 3:17pm

I don't think the storyline of the pregnancy is over with, otherwise they would have wrapped it up last night. I mean, she WAS in bed for days/weeks/whatever on end and that could have been part of the depression/funk.

Michael Swift will be brought back and I"m pretty sure it's due to that story line.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#244NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 3:20pm

theres a big diff between a womanizer (derrick) and being a douche (jeremey). that dancer had it so right when she schooled derrick on his sexist behavior

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

SonofRobbieJ
#245NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 3:51pm

Jeremy was the date rapey one. Such anger behind the eyes. Though, he may be trying to act enough for both him and Ninny McPhee.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#246NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 3:51pm

I think he looks weird on camera. Maybe it's the beady eyes? I

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#247NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 4:08pm

"I think he looks weird on camera. Maybe it's the beady eyes?"

It's the complete lack of sideburns.

Updated On: 2/6/13 at 04:08 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#248NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 4:09pm

Jennifer Hudson totally out sang Kat McPhee on their party number.

Wait--that was a duet?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#249NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 4:10pm

But with Hudson around, Kat McPhee suddenly looks like Meryl Streep in the acting department.

"Get ready. This will be you. inafewmonths."

Videos