News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 125

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#3100Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 12:14pm

Well i know the folks on here like to scoff and bitch about the show and yes it was not perfect, but i for one will miss it and thought the last episode was pretty spot on.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#3101Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 12:18pm

about the dismall ratings...SMASH always gets higher ratings when thy add in the DVR numbers and it usually increases the audience week in and week out over 100% from the same night...now i know thats still bad but it's total audience is a more respectable 1.2 share...

i loved the final 2 hours and i loved PRESSURE...it was only a dream guys...and it was their way of giving those of us whole like the show to say good bye to all the cast members singing...YAY!

2 seasons of SMASH is like 2 years on the Great White Way...not a bad run for a troubled show...

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#3102Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 12:22pm

Did they announce who won the Tony for Best Director? Did I miss it?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3103Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 12:49pm

Nope. Totally ignored it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#3104Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 1:00pm

They also never announced Best Actor--an award Jimmy presumably would have won.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Owen22
#3105Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 1:01pm

I'm assuming Jimmy didn't get a Best Actor nomination and as Bombshell didn't have a leading man, they ignored the category.

FindingNamo
#3106Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 1:05pm

"i loved the final 2 hours and i loved PRESSURE...it was only a dream guys"

Seriously.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#3107Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 1:07pm

They also never showed Featured Actor, an award I assume Leslie Odom Jr would have won.

Ivy made an offhanded comment about Odom Jr having just picked up an award at the OCCs, so I assumed he was going to be a contender for the Tony and then have a confrontation with Tom.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3108Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 1:11pm

They never mentioned the the noms in either of the actor categories.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

FindingNamo
#3109Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 1:15pm

I don't assume Leslom Odious, Jr. won anything. He is the only actor I liked even less when everything concluded.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Owen22
#3110Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 1:40pm

"People on streets."-- Julia Houston.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#3111Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 1:47pm

How come my comment from this morning is in the "can't see until Reply screen" trash bin?

Anyhoo, I think the episode would have worked better if they had cut out Jimmy's turning himself in and put in Ivy's conversation with Derek about the baby. After she told him he never does the right thing, it would have been great to show her reaction when he obviously accepted and was happy about the baby. Updated On: 5/27/13 at 01:47 PM

WhizzerMarvin
#3112Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 2:09pm

I agree Wynbish. After being teased with Ivy telling Derek the truth several times it would have been nice to see the scene actually play out.

Namo, Perhaps I mistook Ivy's comment, but when she was walking through Times Sq with Wesley, Savannah and Leslie after losing the OCC to Karen she made a crack to him like, "Yeah, well you just won, and for a next to nothing part."

Jimmy and Leslie must have been nominated for acting Tonys because Hit List received 13 nominations after all. I mean those noms had to come from somewhere. Bombshell got 12 noms, so there must have been a male nomination for them too. It's pretty hard to get that many nominations without several acting noms.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#3113Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 2:12pm

The featured for Bombshell was probably the Joe DiMaggio actor.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3114Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 2:13pm

I bet Will Chase put it inside of Debra Messing after she gave him the letter.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#3115Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 2:21pm

I agree I would have rather seen the Ivy/Derek conversation about the baby over the Karen/Jimmy drama. I guess it's because Karen is boring and Jimmy is so grating.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Jordan Catalano
#3116Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 2:42pm

They should do a spinoff all about Jimmy being sent to prison. Something OZ-like.

WhizzerMarvin
#3117Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 2:45pm

It could be called Jimmy! and Chris Meloni could teach him a thing or two...

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#3118Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 2:45pm

He could reprise his Bonnie and Clyde numbers while the guards force him do to unspeakable things in the showers. Watch the Nielsen numbers soar!

Jordan Catalano
#3119Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 2:47pm

"The ratings aren't the only thing rising in this hot new show"
-Manhunt.net

Skip2 Profile Photo
Skip2
#3120Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 3:33pm

Why weren't there any close-ups of Kathleen Marshall?

Jordan Catalano
#3121Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 3:35pm

She knows why.

AmnerisAida
#3122Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 4:55pm

As Tom and Jimmy both have Tonys at the after show party, I thought at first:
Tom won for best director. And the Tony shown in this scene when he says, that it spins, is not the one for best musical or score but Derek said " best musical, best actress, best score" but not director. Sad. That would have been great!

But I think Jimmy won for best actor. And the Tony shown in this scene, when Jimmy reaches the table where Karen and Ana are sitting, is perhaps not the one for Kyle.
What do you think?

Jordan Catalano
#3123Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 4:58pm

I think that if Jimmy won, they would have shown him win and he would have had two Tony awards at the table.

AmnerisAida
#3124Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/27/13 at 4:59pm

Im have a question: Did the really built up the big billbords on times square for Bombshell and Hitlist and change the outsides of the theatres as the shows would have been played there?

Videos