pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 13

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

degrassifan
#300Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:00pm

I think March works for these live-action retellings by Disney. I would think Christmas too, but it wasn't always like that. Gigi came out in May, Mary Poppins came out in August, and The Sound of Music came out in March, and those movies were all successful.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#301Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:02pm

March is a nice lead-in month to summer blockbusters, and Disney seems to be doing all right (understatement) with "Cinderella."

I think they're more interested in selling tickets than in making this movie musical "Oscar bait" as a Christmas "for your consideration" release.

EDIT: And I'm hoping for Jean Dujardin and Hugh Bonneville (or Jim Broadbent) for Lumiere and Cogsworth!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 3/16/15 at 03:02 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#302Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:13pm

Is there much hope when it's the same screenwriter who adapted Rent for the screen? Emma Watson to star in Condon's

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#303Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:20pm

Considering that I thought "Rent" was a very solid film adaptation, yes.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

beautywickedlover
#304Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:24pm

I think the March 2017 release is perfect since 'Cinderella', 'Alice in Wonderland', and 'Oz the Great and Powerful' have all been successful during that month. Kline and Thompson are excellent choices for Maurice and Mrs. Potts! Emma Watson to star in Condon's

Starship
#305Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:28pm

I'm sad we have to wait so long for it to come out but I'm over the moon excited to see it. Considering they'll end filming in September-ish 2015, is it normal for these films to have that large of a gap before release date? Is it because of actor scheduling that the gap is so large? Almost a year and a half is a huge stretch.

degrassifan
#306Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:35pm

I'm going to guess the production of this will be similar to Cinderella - filmed between September 2013 and December 2013, first teaser attached to Maleficent in May 2014, and first full trailer in November 2014. I imagine we'll get a teaser with Alice in Wonderland sequel or The Jungle Book.

Updated On: 3/16/15 at 03:35 PM

degrassifan
#307Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:35pm

Double post Updated On: 3/16/15 at 03:35 PM

beautywickedlover
#308Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:38pm

"Josh Gad was previously-reported as playing Lefou, though the Frozen actor was not included in today’s announcement."

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/420081-emma-thompson-and-kevin-kline-join-beauty-and-the-beast-release-date-set

I'm guessing his deal has not been finalized yet.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#309Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:43pm

"I'm sad we have to wait so long for it to come out but I'm over the moon excited to see it. Considering they'll end filming in September-ish 2015, is it normal for these films to have that large of a gap before release date? Is it because of actor scheduling that the gap is so large? Almost a year and a half is a huge stretch."

They start filming in May. It's nothing out of the ordinary. I doubt the date has anything to do with scheduling or post-production. Most likely due to 2016 being pretty booked as is.

Starship
#310Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 3:48pm

^ thank you! I forgot that Disney has Alice in Wonderland and Jungle Book out next year as well, so adding another animated to live action film probably would oversaturate their market. I imagine Beauty and the Beast and Dumbo will be their 2017 films.

Showface
#311Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 10:17pm

I'm even more excited for this! This should be quite magnificent!

I first saw the musical on tour, and though many say that it pales in comparison to the original production, I still loved it! Every thing about it was just magical!

Now, I get to relive it all again on the big screen with Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts, Emma Watson as Belle, Josh Gad as Lefou, and Kevin Kline as Maurice! I cannot wait!

As far as the objects, I am so interested in seeing how it's executed. I know, through a lot of CGI and Motion capture, but, I have a feeling they'll do something different and more magical than anything we ever could have dreamed. "Be Our Guest" should be an event!

jimmycurry01
#312Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/16/15 at 11:43pm

"Is there much hope when it's the same screenwriter who adapted Rent for the screen?"

The screenplay for Rent was fine, it was the direction that took all of the fun out of it. Chbosky is a very solid writer, and I have no reason to doubt his ability to give us the very best adaptation possible.

VintageSnarker
#313Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/17/15 at 2:41pm

Josh Gad seems like great casting for Le Fou (even type-casting) but Kevin Kline and Emma Thompson are worrisome. Not because they aren't talented actors who would bring more prestige to the project, because they are. But because this story about the importance of looking past appearances is casting awfully pretty people across the board.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#314Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/17/15 at 3:11pm

^I'm unsure about Kline too. That was a big surprise. Emma Thompson is perfect! She has the sense of lovely warmth and wisdom that is perfect for Mrs. Pott. She'll ace it! I'm beyond thrilled for Josh Gad. They literally couldn't picked out a better choice for Lefou. He has the looks, voice, energy, and comedic timing for Lefou.

As much as Emma Watson being a great choice, I really wish she took Cinderella instead, so an actress who truly deserves it would get cast Belle. Watson just started singing voices, for God's sake! How could you cast someone like that?! Emmy Rossum and Anna Kendrick would have the perfect big-names for Belle: The star appeal, looks (Sorry, Emma doesn't look that much like Belle), and singing! Better than Kristin Stewart though!

JohnyBroadway
#315Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/17/15 at 3:23pm

Enough about the actresses that could've been. Emma is playing the part, and that's final.

dfrillsnedit
#316Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/17/15 at 4:03pm

When talking about the new casting, I totally agree that as much as I adore Kevin Kline, he is a bit too good looking for Maurice. Granted, they wanted to go with someone who could sing and looks like they'd be related to Emma, but the previous rumored choice of Timothy Spall would have been so much more on point and interesting for the character (and in tune with his animated counter part.)

I guess they're also gonna have to do some sort of Motion Capture magic on Dan, regardless, since him and Kevin are almost the same height, and part of the reason the Beast appeared so menacing in specifically the Disney version, stage or otherwise, is partially due to his height/size.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#317Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/17/15 at 4:11pm

No. Thank God Anna Kendrick isn't playing Belle. I'm glad other young women are getting the chance to be in musical films now.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

beautywickedlover
#318Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/27/15 at 1:23pm

Audra McDonald is in final talks to play Garderobe the Wardrobe. "I can't wait to her her sing Human Again". Emma Watson to star in Condon's

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-News-Audra-McDonald-in-Talks-to-Join-Live-Action-BEAUTY-AND-THE-BEAST-Movie-20150327

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#319Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/27/15 at 1:25pm

Why the name change from Madame de la Grande Bouche?

beautywickedlover
#320Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/27/15 at 1:37pm

^ Don't know. Maybe Condon is sort following the character name changes like in 'Maleficent'. That did not turn out so well.

Mattbrain
#321Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/27/15 at 1:46pm

The wardrobe isn't even that big a part, stop your bellyaching.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#322Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/27/15 at 2:20pm

But, still: YES AUDRA F***ING MCDONALD!!!!

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#323Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/27/15 at 2:43pm

"Why the name change from Madame de la Grande Bouche?"

She was only named that in the stage show; in the movie, the Wardrobe didn't have a name, so I guess they're free to name her whatever they wish in this version.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Mrtrobz
#324Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 3/27/15 at 3:57pm

They did say that they'd have new characters. I love that Audra is getting the recognition though, how about Osnes as Babette. :)

Videos