pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 132

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Lafayette84
#3275Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 7:52pm

jdra said: "rcbell64 said: "I'm dying for an update on the line lengths at this point. I'd LOVE to see it again but don't want to sleep out if I can help it. It wasn't so bad the first couple times because, although it was cold at night, we were allowed to have chairs. I don't know if my back can take sitting on the ground for 24 hours. I'm hoping to hear that getting there at 7 AM or so would be enough. Thinking of trying on a two-show day."

Why not just buy a day of show StubHub ticket? They are not much more than face value. I saw one today at less than face right before the show.

"

Yes! Definitely seems like the Hamilton market has come crashing down as far as overpriced tickets. 

rcbell64
#3276Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 8:02pm

Well, the primary reason is because Stubhub tickets can take upwards of 25 minutes to get sent to your email and downloaded (at least, that's what happened the second time I waited in the cancellation line and didn't get tickets and bought some on SH 30 minutes before the show and missed the first song due to them taking so long to send them and me having to rush over and print them etc.) But the secondary (and bratty sounding, lol) reason is because I've seen the show from front row center (unclaimed lottery tickets) and from rear mezz (SH) and while both were amazing, there really is just nothing like the front row show. It was probably one of the most exhilarating days of my life. So if I'm going to pay $200 ish to see the show again, I'd probably opt to spend the 12 hours or so waiting in hopes of getting unclaimed lottery seats or at least orchestra seats for the -$200 price range as opposed to rushing around to print tickets last minute and have partial view seats. That's not to say I wouldn't love the show in any case, just that the experience is very different. The actors lock eyes with you, Daveed might aim his home sweet home kiss right at you, you get song spit on you...which sounds gross but isn't for some reason, lol. Anyway, it's worth a 12 hours wait for me to roll the dice and hope for that as opposed to SH. If I go and don't get tickets, I'll probably still buy them on SH though. Just my .02!

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#3277Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 8:08pm

So will they still do the Ham4Ham shows if there's no cancellation line to play to?

I can see the performers going out to sing only to confront an empty sidewalk.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3278Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 8:18pm

Ham4ham is for the live lottery, not cancellation line.  I believe. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

aaaaaa15
#3279Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 8:18pm

Huh? 700 people turned up at the first Ham4Ham before anyone bothered with the cancellation line. They're there to enter the lottery and see the cast/other theatre stars.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3280Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 8:37pm

sueb1863 said: "So will they still do the Ham4Ham shows if there's no cancellation line to play to?

I can see the performers going out to sing only to confront an empty sidewalk.
"

Uhhhh

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#3281Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 9:10pm

OK, if there's no lottery line then because people are able to go and buy tickets at face value for any performance they want and they don't need to line up for a lottery?

Updated On: 7/12/16 at 09:10 PM

Tandrews
#3282Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 9:15pm

I think these price drops are temporary and at the very least should alleviate the absurd 4 day wait in the cancellation line. Do people really only want to see the show with Lin, LOJ, Pippa et al? To me, the show is actually more refreshing with some new blood and interpretations of the characters. 

The post-Tony's euphoria has definitely worn off. However, when theatregoers come to NYC, they want to see Hamilton first and foremost. Do I think scalpers will be getting $849 for orchestra tickets in February 2017? Hell no! Somewhere on a beach, Jeffrey Seller is laughing heartily....

Updated On: 7/12/16 at 09:15 PM

casedilla2
#3283Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 9:23pm

sueb1863 said: "OK, if there's no lottery line then because people are able to go and buy tickets at face value for any performance they want and they don't need to line up for a lottery?"

There will still be a lottery line. Face value is still $200 a ticket, which is still pretty expensive for most people, where as the lottery if you win is front row for $10. No way people will stop showing up. It'll be less crazy than when Lin did Ham4Ham, but it'll still be crowded.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3284Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 10:07pm

I wonder if anyone on the cancellatoin line will still buy premium tickets, given those cost $549 and the stubhub prices as of the past 2 evenings have hovered below that price. 

CPB2
#3285Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 10:24pm

Wick3 said: "I wonder if anyone on the cancellatoin line will still buy premium tickets, given those cost $549 and the stubhub prices as of the past 2 evenings have hovered below that price."

I wonder if anyone will still wait on the cancellation line- look at tomorrow's matinee (7/13) on ticketmaster. There are three pairs in very good locations (rows F, H, L) available at the premium rate of $549. That's original sale, not resale. I wonder if those are house seats that they don't think will sell on the cancellation line? Are they just putting cancellation/house seats on ticketmaster now?

jdra
#3286Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 10:34pm

CPB2 said: "I wonder if anyone will still wait on the cancellation line- look at tomorrow's matinee (7/13) on ticketmaster. There are three pairs in very good locations (rows F, H, L) available at the premium rate of $549. That's original sale, not resale. I wonder if those are house seats that they don't think will sell on the cancellation line? Are they just putting cancellation/house seats on ticketmaster now? "

I agree. seems like they are putting the premium cancellation/house seats on ticketmaster.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3287Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 10:55pm

Perhaps they tried to sell premium tix to the cancellation line today and yesterday yet no one took the bait?

mailhandler777
#3288Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:25am

sueb1863 said: "OK, if there's no lottery line then because people are able to go and buy tickets at face value for any performance they want and they don't need to line up for a lottery?"

What are you talking about? On Wed matinees they still have the live lottery. Ham4Ham is done for the lottery people. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3289Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:30am

The live lottery will continue as the live lottery for Book of Mormon still continues.  Tickets for BOM are still available at face value so the lottery is a chance to win a front row seat for $32.  The Hamilton live lottery is still a huge draw at $10 a ticket.

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#3290Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:38am

@tandrews why do you think Sellers is laughing? If his new cast doesn't get buzz once everything is settled, he's going to be forced to realize that the market won't bear his new price structure. 

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3291Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:52am

Hellob said: If his new cast doesn't get buzz once everything is settled, he's going to be forced to realize that the market won't bear his new price structure. 

I was thinking this regarding the two rows for lottery seats starting in February 2017.  If those $849 don't move and the price needs to be scaled back, they will need to sell that second row somewhere down the line.  The plan of the higher price to supplement th lottery won't work.  I seems like he was ahead of himself in looking at the resale market to come up with the $849 price.  With 6 tickets I bought at all different prices, at the end, it did average out to $856 a ticket but that was between March and June.  Now the resale market is a whole different playing field and if I ended up buying another 6 tickets, it won't average out that new price.

bear88
#3292Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 2:06am

My guess is that Seller and the other producers have overreached. The price drop was inevitable after the Tonys and with Miranda leaving. The Ticketmaster prices now appear to be close to what we paid for an early April show, so it's hardly a disaster. But while they've pocketed $849 for a lot of premium seats in 2017, it's unlikely they will be able to maintain those prices, and it might turn embarrassing if they're playing to empty seats next March. By then, I assume other members of the original cast will be gone.

If the producers are playing the long game, which has always seemed to be the plan, I wonder if they miscalculated by getting a little greedy. Scarcity has been their ally.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's tougher to get tickets for the touring production than it is to see it in New York.

aaaaaa15
#3293Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 3:33am

I wouldn't say he was ahead of himself considering he managed to sell almost all of those $849 seats. He will likely put the prices down next booking period.

schubox
#3294Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 7:46am

Tandrews said: "I think these price drops are temporary and at the very least should alleviate the absurd 4 day wait in the cancellation line. Do people really only want to see the show with Lin, LOJ, Pippa et al? To me, the show is actually more refreshing with some new blood and interpretations of the characters. 

The post-Tony's euphoria has definitely worn off. However, when theatregoers come to NYC, they want to see Hamilton first and foremost. Do I think scalpers will be getting $849 for orchestra tickets in February 2017? Hell no! Somewhere on a beach, Jeffrey Seller is laughing heartily....

"

Yes. They couldn't have picked a more perfect time, from a business standpoint, to release the last block of tickets. People were in the middle of the mania and plunked down almost $900 a seat to see the show in a year. The hype is going to be far, far less than that in a few months (seems like it is already dying down). They can release the next block at the original (still high) prices and make a big deal about how they've dropped prices and sell a ton again.

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#3295Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 8:08am

He could know something we don't regarding Miranda's return. I'm doubtful that he'd return in less than a year but who knows and if he does then the price hike will have been genius. 

aaaaaa15
#3296Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 8:21am

Lin has said he is spending most of 2017 in London to film Mary Poppins and then he's strongly rumored to be doing Hamilton West End 2018/2019.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3297Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 8:32am

aaaaaa15 said: "I wouldn't say he was ahead of himself considering he managed to sell almost all of those $849 seats. He will likely put the prices down next booking period."

Either he does that or maybe he'll keep the premium price at $849 but decrease the number of premium seats in the theater (thus increasing the # of regular orch seats.)

Just looking at ticketmaster this morning, the 6 premium tickets box office put up there have not sold yet. 

Tandrews
#3298Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 9:26am

@schubox: My point exactly! Brilliant move by Seller & Co. I believe that a lot of demand for the show was "pulled forward" as soon as the major players in the OBC announced their exits. This is helping spur the drop off obviously+scalpers getting nervous it seems. I have been watching prices and they have fallen precipitously this week. The good news is that theatregoers have more $$ in their pocket to see another show! 

I think the new cast will surprise some folks from what I'm hearing...the new burst of energy should be refreshing and the price drop likely temporary. 

bltl812
#3299Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:00am

Does anyone know how long the cancellation line has been this week? We are thinking about getting in line hoping for Saturday matinee tickets and are trying to figure out when to get there. Thanks!

Videos