pixeltracker

Who have you gotten stuff back from?- Page 157

Who have you gotten stuff back from?

Jufikar
#3900Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/7/15 at 6:28pm

I sent a playbill to Kara Lindsay about a month ago. I've heard of people receiving a response. Haven't gotten anything yet.

elpielovesblackfish2 Profile Photo
elpielovesblackfish2
#3901Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/8/15 at 10:24am

Has Anyone written to Wicked LLC recently, I wrote to them about a month ago and haven't heard back yet. Normally it only takes 1-2 weeks but so far I haven't heard back from them.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#3902Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/8/15 at 10:50am

I want to send my HEDWIG script to be signed by JCM, but is there a donation required?

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#3903Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/8/15 at 1:30pm

^ I'd predict that there will not be a donation required.

Just an FYI the last time I wrote to Wicked LLC, it took over a month. It's coming, but think about the number of requests they get daily.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#3904Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/8/15 at 2:52pm

I wrote to Wicked at the Gershwin back in late November, enclosed a donation because it was Broadway Cares season, and heard back in about a week.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

rlb237
#3905Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/9/15 at 10:39am

Darn! I just read this about the Cabaret donation. I *just* sent off a request today, I didn't know they were requesting anything. I sent my own Playbill though. Wonder if that will matter. Oh well.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#3906Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/9/15 at 10:47am

Heard back from It's Only A Play. Took about 2 weeks.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#3907Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/9/15 at 10:55am

@rlb237 Cabaret has always been asking for at least a $20 donation to BC/EFA (which is $20 cheaper than what they asked for in-house when they were selling signed playbills for $40). If you sent in your playbill, odds are they'll just replace it with one of their already prepared cast-signed playbills. I've been backstage at a couple broadway and off-broadway shows and they all seem to have cast-autographed playbills already prepared to fulfill mail requests when they come in. They don't shop your playbill around to every cast member and send it back to you. They'll just keep it and replace it with one of theirs.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

rlb237
#3908Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/9/15 at 11:06am

Thanks for the info, atuomala! I figured that's what was likely going to happen. I just meant, since I didn't know about/include the donation, that I doubt I'll get mine or any other back now, since mine doesn't have a donation included. Darn.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#3909Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/9/15 at 11:12am

@rlb237 You still have a chance. I've heard of others who managed to get playbills from shows that usually request donations. I sent out 8 letters last week and only included a donation in my request for The Elephant Man. We'll see what happens.

rlb237
#3910Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/9/15 at 11:27am

Good to know, I will keep my fingers crossed then. Thanks again, atuomala!

Just wondering, since I'm a newbie at requesting signings via letters, what's your usual process? Do you address your requests to the stage managers or just to the theater? And do you include self-addressed return envelopes to facilitate your request, or just hope for the best? Just curious to hear more, especially from someone who sent out 8 letters just last week! I'm impressed.

Good luck (and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too :) )

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#3911Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/9/15 at 11:44am

@rlb237 I address the envelope to the stage manager (unless I'm writing to a particular individual) and I include a SASE in the package to make it as convenient for them as possible. I'll be sending something to Helen Mirren within the next couple of weeks when she starts her run in The Audience, so I'll address the package to her so she receives it directly.

rlb237
#3912Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/9/15 at 12:25pm

Great, thanks for your feedback, atuomala! Good luck with Ms. Mirren, hope you hear back from her!

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#3913Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/11/15 at 12:31am

Heard back from A Delicate Balance today. Took less than a week, no donation request.

DallasS Profile Photo
DallasS
#3914Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/11/15 at 4:29pm

Received a playbill from Honeymoon in Vegas last week, and heard back from Jennifer Nettles yesterday! :)

PM me if you're interested in purchasing or trading signed playbills! I have a large collection! :)

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#3915Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/12/15 at 11:32am

Anyone know if Beautiful and If/Then are still requesting donations and if so, how much? Thanks

DallasS Profile Photo
DallasS
#3916Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/12/15 at 5:20pm

Idk about Beautiful but If/Then still is requesting $25. I heard back with a donation request from them last week.

PM me if you're interested in purchasing or trading signed playbills! I have a large collection! :)

Wickedmonkey332 Profile Photo
Wickedmonkey332
#3917Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/12/15 at 5:48pm

I heard back from Lena Hall today- took a couple of months!

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#3918Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/12/15 at 6:06pm

@Wickedmonkey332 What did you send to Lena Hall?

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#3919Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/12/15 at 11:10pm

Thanks for the If/Then info DallasS very helpful!

BwayinVan
#3920Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/14/15 at 7:04pm

Heard back from Lena Hall yesterday. Got a signed playbill. Took about a month.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3921Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/14/15 at 7:51pm

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

I received this lovely Chicago program from Miss Terra C (Velma Kelly) at a recent tour stop in San Antonio, TX (Jan. 31, 2015). I was quite surprised when she gave it to me at the stage door. It was signed by the cast members. Aside from this, I also got a Chicago coffee mug, signed by the principals: Terra C (Velma), Bianca Marroquin (Roxie), John O'Hurley (Billy), Roz Ryan (Mama), C. Newcomer (Mary Sunshine) and Jacob Watson (Amos). I had a blast seeing both shows on that day.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#3922Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/14/15 at 9:04pm

I sent a letter to Alison Luff in september and have yet to get a reply.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

fscmocsgal Profile Photo
fscmocsgal
#3923Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/15/15 at 1:30pm

Where can I write Sutton Foster? One of my former students was Fiona in their middle school's production of Shrek the Musical Jr and I would love to see if she could send something Shrek related to her. Thanks in advance.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#3924Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 2/18/15 at 12:05am

Heard back from 'Aladdin' today. It took about 2 weeks.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos