pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 16

The Official TDF Thread

JustAnotherNewYorker
#375The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 7:38pm

VintageSnarker said: "If anyone sees Great Comet, can you report back on where the seat was?"

We got front Mezz on the side, but that was some time ago and was a performance without Josh Groban. No idea what they will have for next week.

BroadwayBeebe
#376The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/8/17 at 4:57pm

Can Anyone who used TDF for Glass Menagerie report back on seating location? Seeing it Friday Night and wondering where the seats have been.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#377The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/8/17 at 5:01pm

My TDF seat for Menagerie tonight is Mezzanine B5.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Ortensiah
#378The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/9/17 at 1:37am

My seat for 2/8 was Orchestra O8

ahhrealmonsters
#379The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/9/17 at 11:58am

A Bronx Tale is up for tonight. I wonder if we'll get some more last-minute shows up for tonight because of the snow.

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#380The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/9/17 at 12:06pm

VintageSnarker said: "If anyone sees Great Comet, can you report back on where the seat was?"

I saw it last night and my seats were right orchestra, Row G seats 16 & 18. Right behind the platform. Here's the view from my seat.

The Official TDF Thread

Updated On: 2/9/17 at 12:06 PM

pnewelljr
#381The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/9/17 at 1:24pm

I was there last night with TDF tickets as well. We were in fourth row Mezz right on the aisle (towards the center). Excellent seats with a great view of the stage. We were really happy (and pleasantly surprised) with our seats and view. This show has stuff and action literally going on everywhere in the theater, so there are very few "bad seats" in my opinion.

neonlightsxo
#382The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 11:35am

Come From Away is up for a few performances next week.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#383The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 12:08pm

Thanks! I've been waiting for that to appear!

djoko84
#384The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 1:48pm

What's the buzz on Come From Away?

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#385The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 2:32pm

djoko84, if you do a quick search here, you'll see that Come From Away has very positive word-of-mouth. I'm not seeing it til the end of March but I'm really looking forward to it.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#386The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 2:36pm

I listened to the one number from Come From Away that was posted on YouTube, and I didn't care for it at all. But I don't want to form an opinion based on one song taken out of context, so I do look forward to getting tickets on TDF at some point.

The word of mouth from the out-of-town productions has been great. The question is, though, how will New Yorkers feel about a 9/11 musical? Especially New Yorkers who were here that day and lived though it and perhaps had family and friends killed. Our perspective on it may be very different. We shall see!

Updated On: 2/16/17 at 02:36 PM

neonlightsxo
#387The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 2:40pm

I bought a TDF priced ticket with that discount code. I'm looking forward to it, though I'm anticipating to like it less than many of the out of town critics.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#388The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 4:07pm

macnyc said: "I listened to the one number from Come From Away that was posted on YouTube, and I didn't care for it at all. But I don't want to form an opinion based on one song taken out of context, so I do look forward to getting tickets on TDF at some point.

The word of mouth from the out-of-town productions has been great. The question is, though, how will New Yorkers feel about a 9/11 musical? Especially New Yorkers who were here that day and lived though it and perhaps had family and friends killed. Our perspective on it may be very different. We shall see!

"

My gf and myself are native New Yorkers and both have 0 desire to see this show. We'll see it because we see everything but neither of us are looking forward to it. I expect it to be on TDF a lot. It's the same thing as the 9-11 museum for me, I already lived through it and have no desire to ever go there. 

MyLife
#389The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 4:24pm

I have no desire to visit the 9-11 museum but have a lot of interest in Come From Away. I lived through 9-11 in New York City so I think it'll be interesting to see 9-11 from a different perspective. I think it's important to see how another part of the world responded and reacted the events outside of my NYC bubble. I've heard of this town but don't know the details so I for one am looking forward to it. I expect my heart to be heavy but to enjoy it in a meaningful way.

I have a close friend who was affected directly by the 9/11 attacks on the WTC and to my surprise she is very much looking forward to this musical too. I really think it will depend on the person, how they cope, where they are in life, etc. The musical will definitely mean a lot to some, and I'm sure it'll offend many others.

neonlightsxo
#390The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 4:45pm

I haven't yet seen the show but it takes place in Canada, not NYC, so I don't think it's really the same as the 9-11 museum.

VintageSnarker
#391The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 4:46pm

Thank you, everyone. TDF will definitely be an option if I decide to see the show a second time. That rush line is a bit too much for me.

djoko84
#392The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/17/17 at 7:13am

Thanks everyone for the replies about Come From Away. I think I may wait to see it after it opens. I'd like to gauge the reception from viewers and the critics because I'm not sure if I'd like to see a musical about 9-11 either.

MyLife
#393The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/17/17 at 11:56am

neonlightsxo said: "I haven't yet seen the show but it takes place in Canada, not NYC, so I don't think it's really the same as the 9-11 museum.

"

I don't think BroadwayJoe was comparing the show to museum. He was simply stating that just as he has no interest int he museum, he has none in the show. But while they are different, they both can still trigger memories of one's personal experience of that day. He lived through the event and has no desire to have an experience that brings him back to that whatsoever.  I respect that. 

petewk87
#394The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/17/17 at 11:02pm

Indecent is now up for most of April

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#395The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/18/17 at 10:47am

Thanks for posting! I really enjoyed it at the Vineyard, and I think it will translate well to the Cort. 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#396The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/22/17 at 3:03pm

Come From Away is up for four performances this weekend.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#397The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/22/17 at 3:27pm

^^^ I saw this last night with a friend via rush seats. We both loved it. I was very hesitant at first, thinking that the story of stranded passengers is just a 9/11 footnote. But Come From Away won me over! 

neonlightsxo
#398The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/22/17 at 3:27pm

Indecent is up for a ton of dates.

djoko84
#399The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/23/17 at 7:04am

Can anyone who got Come From Away tickets on TDF tell us where your seats were? Thanks!

Videos