pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery- Page 16

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery

katiegreentree Profile Photo
katiegreentree
#375Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/9/17 at 5:48pm

jagrdeh said: "anyone have tips for waiting in the cancellation line? im planning on getting there at around 8 AM for an evening show, but really not sure how im gonna last nearly 12 hours sitting in a line!

"

Make friends with the people next to you so they'll hold your spot while you run to the restroom or get food and whatnot!  The Mariott next door always has restrooms open, and they also have a kiosk that rents out fully charged portable batteries if your phone dies.  I'd say it's probably not necessary to get there at 8 AM, but then again it's a good way to ensure you get a seat!  If you want to get food I'd suggest the pizza across the street from the Richard Rodgers, it's always pretty good.

BwayCan
#376Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/9/17 at 7:38pm

I am sure it hasn't been announced, but is there any way to find out when Ben Platt's last performance is in Nov? Coming to NYC that month and don't want to miss him.... assuming I can land a ticket! Which thanks to this AMAZING thread, I am feeling very hopeful about!

Karrie Edwards
#377Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/11/17 at 7:29pm

Wednesday, my friend and I got in line at 3:45 and by 6:30 we had tickets. Row D center. I really think it just depends on the day! We were only like third in line too. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! 

Even though Ben wasn't there, Michael Lee Brown was absolutely incredible!!!

michaelhale
#378Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/11/17 at 7:55pm

Karrie Edwards said: "Wednesday, my friend and I got in line at 3:45 and by 6:30 we had tickets. Row D center. I really think it just depends on the day! We were only like third in line too. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! 

"

How much did you end up paying, is Cancellation current value or the original value of the tickets returned?

Srg67
#379Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 7:16am

I've been skimming through this thread but there's so much info so hoping someone can help me out! I'm desperate to see DEH and want to fly into NYC to see it. What are my options for getting tickets when it's sold out? And does anyone know how long Ben Platt will remain in the show? Thank you!!!

chuckydisc
#380Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 9:21am

Karrie Edwards said: "Wednesday, my friend and I got in line at 3:45 and by 6:30 we had tickets. Row D center. I really think it just depends on the day! We were only like third in line too. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! 

"

Ben out = less people on line and more tickets box office has

Ben in = more people on line and less tickets box office has

chuckydisc
#381Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 9:22am

Srg67 said: "And does anyone know how long Ben Platt will remain in the show?"

PROBABLY until mid'ish November 2017

Srg67
#382Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 9:59am

When people are posting that tickets are suddenly available for a certain show on Telecharge... how are they finding them? Are you constantly changing the date/time when you search and doing that all day long? I wish Telecharge had the option to search all dates!!

BwayCan
#383Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 10:11am

Srg67 said: "When people are posting that tickets are suddenly available for a certain show on Telecharge... how are they finding them? Are you constantly changing the date/time when you search and doing that all day long? I wish Telecharge had the option to search all dates!!

It does - under the Find Tickets tab, you can look for a range of dates under Step # 2 - now until whatever end date you want. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#384Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 10:13am

Srg67 said: "When people are posting that tickets are suddenly available for a certain show on Telecharge... how are they finding them? Are you constantly changing the date/time when you search and doing that all day long? I wish Telecharge had the option to search all dates!!

On the mobile site and the app, you have to keep changing the date. On the full site, there's an option to search a specific date or a range of dates.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#385Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 12:51pm

Was just a single mezz ticket for Ben's first show back on 8/17 available...

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#386Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 1:58pm

haterobics said: "Was just a single mezz ticket for Ben's first show back on 8/17 available...

There's 1 on Telecharge right now. K 3 in the mezzanine for $135.

Srg67
#387Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 3:29pm

CT2NYC said: "Srg67 said: "When people are posting that tickets are suddenly available for a certain show on Telecharge... how are they finding them? Are you constantly changing the date/time when you search and doing that all day long? I wish Telecharge had the option to search all dates!!

On the mobile site and the app, you have to keep changing the date. On the full site, there's an option to search a specific date or a range of dates."

Weird, when I looked before I didn't see any option for all dates but I must have missed it. I'll check again when I'm on my laptop!

What are the reasons tickets suddenly become available? I thought once they're sold they're non refundable?

Margo319
#388Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 3:42pm

There are 10 seats available right now for this Tuesday's show.  Wednesday too!  On Telecharge.  Tickets are not impossible to get I guess.  

And then the next date tickets are available?  November 24th.  Completely sold out until then. Wow. Ben is truly THE draw for this show.   I wonder what will happen to it when he leaves that month.  

Updated On: 8/13/17 at 03:42 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#389Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 3:55pm

Margo319 said: "Ben is truly THE draw for this show.   I wonder what will happen to it when he leaves that month."

Well, if I were going now, I would obviously want to see Ben... so it's hard to say whether it means anything yet. If Ben is an option now, most people want to take that option... I mean, right now, when I see Hello Dolly, I want to see Bette. After January, it doesn't mean I won't go again, but if Bette calls out sick, I would get a refund. Same here, if he's still in the cast, that is the version most people want to see. 

Srg67
#390Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 5:23pm

Margo319 said: "There are 10 seats available right now for this Tuesday's show.  Wednesday too!  On Telecharge.  Tickets are not impossible to get I guess.  

And then the next date tickets are available?  November 24th.  Completely sold out until then. Wow. Ben is truly THE draw for this show.   I wonder what will happen to it when he leaves that month.  

"

Is it guaranteed he is leaving by Nov 24th? And is he going to be in every show until then, besides this week and barring any unforseen circumstance/sickness? If I'm going to plan a whole (expensive) trip into NYC to see the show I really want to see it with Ben :)

broadwayliz22
#391Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 6:07pm

"
Is it guaranteed he is leaving by Nov 24th? And is he going to be in every show until then, besides this week and barring any unforseen circumstance/sickness? If I'm going to plan a whole (expensive) trip into NYC to see the show I really want to see it with Ben :)

"

ben's final date is not confirmed yet. we know it will be sometime in november. if you are planning a trip specifically to see ben, go in october or early november to play it safe. 

Lynsey1122
#392Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/13/17 at 7:16pm

Rumors are swirling that he is done either November 12 or 19.  So if you are going for Ben see it by early November to be on the safe side.

mkingwrites
#393Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/14/17 at 10:51am

How does one *start* a cancellation line? If by some miracle you show up first, how do you "do the thing right"? :)

Melanie73
#394Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/14/17 at 11:48am

If you arrive at the box office and you're the first person, stand on 45th St. looking at the box office.  Stand to the immediate left of the leftmost box office door.  The line will extend behind you toward the Imperial Theatre (Great Comet). 

Have fun and good luck!

jagrdeh
#395Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/14/17 at 8:23pm

There are like 7 orchestra seats open for 8/18 if anyone is looking for tickets!!! Pricey but they're there if you're desperate.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#396Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/14/17 at 9:07pm

jagrdeh said: "There are like 7 orchestra seats open for 8/18 if anyone is looking for tickets!!! Pricey but they're there if you're desperate."

Yeah, we typically only point out when non-premiums turn up. I don't think it is as rare to be able to buy premium tickets?! (Not sure, I never look for them...)

Abbade
#397Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/15/17 at 12:37pm

Ben will leave on November 19th.

I will be in town for the first week of October. Will it be much harder to get tix? what are my chances via the Telecharge thing? Stubhub will be even more expensive, right?

lady_luck Profile Photo
lady_luck
#398Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/15/17 at 1:21pm

Can anyone tell me how much cancellation line tickets normally go for right now? I'm looking at tickets on StubHub and wondering if it's worth it to do the cancellation line in September or just buy tickets now. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#399Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
Posted: 8/15/17 at 1:26pm

lady_luck said: "Can anyone tell me how much cancellation line tickets normally go for right now? I'm looking at tickets on StubHub and wondering if it's worth it to do the cancellation line in September or just buy tickets now."

Not sure about DEH specifically, but most cancellation lines, you pay the face value of the ticket that is available. And there is no guarantee how many tickets they will have. Between the two, StubHub is a much better option.

Videos