News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 17

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#400HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/16 at 5:02pm

neonlightsxo said: "seaweedjstubbs said: "It was my understanding before the press release that Luwoye wouldn't be starting until August. Surprised that they would have goofed on the press release that badly.

Considering who the press firm is, you shouldn't be.
"

No way this is a press release goof. This is production dealing with putting on a show and reacting to what's happening on the ground. Plus I have never heard a bad word about the press agent so no clue what that could be about. 

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#401HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/16 at 5:22pm

This is all very strange, but I guarantee you that this has nothing to do with Luwoye "not being ready" as someone else insinuated. He'll be starting in August, which was always the plan even less than two weeks before the press release was sent out.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#402HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/16 at 5:42pm

seaweedjstubbs said: "This is all very strange, but I guarantee you that this has nothing to do with Luwoye "not being ready" as someone else insinuated. He'll be starting in August, which was always the plan even less than two weeks before the press release was sent out."

it was not an insinuation. His start date was registered as yesterday as of the end of last week, and Miguel was not registered at all. Then he was removed and Miguel was added. Whatever the reason, the fact is he is not ready. This is the sort of thing that no one would have any clue about before the internet and social media. Making theatre is about dealing with everything that hits you every day and having it all vanish by 8.

neonlightsxo
#403HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/16 at 5:42pm

I don't know what this situation is but I have had bad experiences with that press office, which is why I said it. Not just making **** up.

Updated On: 7/12/16 at 05:42 PM

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#404HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/16 at 6:11pm

Okay, I guess I'll just come clean and confess that I know Luwoye and heard from him directly less than two weeks before the press release that he would be starting in August, not July. So if anything changed, it happened within that two week period, and then changed yet again in the last week. I'm not going to ask him what's going on as it's none of my business, but I'm hoping this will all clear itself up soon.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#405HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/16 at 6:23pm

"I'm hoping this will all clear itself up soon."

I'm sure it will. 

There was a surprising amount of shifting and shuffling and negotiating in the last week, with probably a lot of things happening that we don't know about and that we don't actually need to know about. Hopefully the course has now been set. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#406HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:10am

Daveed Diggs leaving...

...THIS FRIDAY.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat_new/d.php?id=2342662

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Liza's Headband
#407HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:13am

Wow. Talk about late notice. I guess they are really trying to downplay the value of the OBC and focus solely on the show, which is fine but a little shady... in my opinion. 

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#408HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:14am

What the hell? I thought we were done with principals leaving for at least a couple of months.

neonlightsxo
#409HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:26am

Shadier and shadier every day. Thanks, Jeffrey!

broadwayguy91
#410HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:35am

it would be hilarious if Renee announced during a curtain call that this was her last show

neonlightsxo
#411HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:41am

...hilarious? I wouldn't use that word, no.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#412HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:42am

broadwayguy91, I think you misspelled "tragic" there. HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#413HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:56am

Is this the "wait until Wednesday" news someone referred to this weekend?

I'm afraid Reneé will leave soon too.  

broadwayguy91
#414HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:57am

lol you guys. I meant that sarcastically. I wouldn't wish that kind of last-minute announcement on the Hamilfans. 

neonlightsxo
#415HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:59am

swanjewel said: "Is this the "wait until Wednesday" news someone referred to this weekend?"

No. Apparently Miguel Cervantes is playing Hamilton on Broadway today. That's the secret. He's currently the alternate, which hasn't been announced. That's the Wednesday news.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#416HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 11:00am

Buried here: http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat_new/d.php?id=2342662

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

neonlightsxo
#417HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 11:01am

Oh wow, didn't catch that!

(In preparation for his Chicago debut as Alexander Hamilton, Mr. Cervantes will play the role on Broadway on July 13 matinee, July 18 and July 25.)

Liza's Headband
#418HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 11:04am

That's it? That is the big Wednesday news?  Zzzzzz....

SingMeToSleep
#419HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 11:08am

Well, damn. He was the OBC member I was most hoping would still be around when I go this fall.

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#420HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 11:13am

Daveed leaving seems like the bigger news. 

neonlightsxo
#421HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 11:17am

Right, but I don't think the people taunting us with Wednesday news knew this was coming.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#422HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 11:50am

neonlightsxo said: "Right, but I don't think the people taunting us with Wednesday news knew this was coming."

I am pretty sure the "big blind scoop" was just Miguel and not Daveed. FWIW I had gotten wind of the Daveed news a couple of weeks ago but kept it to myself because (a) I wasn't 100% certain the person had the final word and (b) I had no idea what the exact tie was and, had I guessed, would have guessed later. 

Reading between the lines, I do think the production tried to negotiate for longer stays and did not do a superb job of preparing for all of the things encountered in tandem with getting Chicago put together. As I said before, I do think this is something that most of the world will be oblivious to. The next challenge for the production is to re-invite the major outlets in to see the new cast and get a bunch of "the show is the real star" reviews. The goal, I would think, is to have cast replacements become what they are in BOM, where 99% of the audience has no clue who they are going to see (or have just seen).

Lina Lamont
#423HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:41pm

There are limited details here, but The Hollywood Reporter just released this news about Renee.  She plans to leave in the fall (though the specific date is not provided).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/renee-elise-goldsberry-exit-hamilton-910560?utm_source=twitter

Updated On: 7/13/16 at 12:41 PM

curel1
#424HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 12:52pm

She's leaving this fall, that's not bad

Videos