Show Curtains

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#425Show Curtains
Posted: 5/30/09 at 11:24pm

It's basically a cloth that it kind of like a sea foam green with tints of blue and has a huge moon on it that rotates. When the show starts the moon glows up and all of a sudden the cloth drops and the show starts.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

AndAllThatJazz22
#426Show Curtains
Posted: 5/30/09 at 11:27pm

I wanna see this so freaking badly.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#427Show Curtains
Posted: 5/31/09 at 12:31pm

During previews they had one of the male ensemble members doing yogo in front of the curtain, on the carpet, when you entered, which was kind of neat.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#428Show Curtains
Posted: 5/31/09 at 12:42pm

I saw it in the second week if previews and that didn't happen when I saw the show.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

AndAllThatJazz22
#429Show Curtains
Posted: 5/31/09 at 12:56pm

Does anyone know if they're still doing the yoga thing?

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#430Show Curtains
Posted: 5/31/09 at 3:45pm

They did it at the first preview but not when I saw it a few weeks ago.

RemarkableTimes
#431Show Curtains
Posted: 5/31/09 at 3:56pm

They only did it really early in previews. The Tribe member was Anthony Hollock.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#432Show Curtains
Posted: 5/31/09 at 6:23pm

Show Curtains

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

AndAllThatJazz22
#433Show Curtains
Posted: 5/31/09 at 6:24pm

That looks pretty damn neato!!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#434Show Curtains
Posted: 5/31/09 at 6:30pm

Show Curtains

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#435Show Curtains
Posted: 6/15/09 at 4:16am

Not really a show curtain, but still cool...

Show Curtains

sundayclothes2
#436Show Curtains
Posted: 6/15/09 at 4:24am

Cats- What show is that?
Updated On: 6/15/09 at 04:24 AM

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#437Show Curtains
Posted: 6/15/09 at 4:32am

I believe that's from the Guys And Dolls revival that just closed at The Nederlander .

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#438Show Curtains
Posted: 6/15/09 at 1:37pm

rOcKs-I think we sat in the same seat.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#439Show Curtains
Posted: 8/25/09 at 7:36am

Does ahyone know what the white chrismas curtain was?

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

jamiekennywicked
#440Show Curtains
Posted: 9/13/09 at 8:48am

Show Curtains

Sister Act Pre SHow curtain. iT CHANGES AT INTERMISSION

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

jonmbway4652 Profile Photo
jonmbway4652
#441Show Curtains
Posted: 10/10/09 at 2:13am

Show Curtains

jonmbway4652 Profile Photo
jonmbway4652
#442Show Curtains
Posted: 10/10/09 at 2:14am

whats the bye bye birdie revival curtain?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#443Show Curtains
Posted: 10/10/09 at 2:36am

The curtain for Birdie is just a basic red house curtain.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

jamiekennywicked
#444Show Curtains
Posted: 10/10/09 at 5:37am

Any pics of:
9 to 5 (L.A)
Billy Elliot (Broadway)
or
Memphis

singer73192 Profile Photo
singer73192
#445Show Curtains
Posted: 10/10/09 at 6:57am

Don't have a pic, but I actually like the curtain for Memphis. Its a picture of a bridge which changes to a different bridge at intermission. I don't really know what significance it has, but it must just be a bridge into Memphis. Symbolizing bridging white and blacks together. idk

PiraguaGuy2
#446Show Curtains
Posted: 10/10/09 at 8:33am

Billy Elliot doesn't have a curtain, and I believe the L.A. 9 to 5 one was a blue one with clocks on it.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

KirbyCat
#447Show Curtains
Posted: 10/10/09 at 11:11am

Well technically, the Billy Elliot pre-show is a black scrim through which you can see the 2 rows of chairs that are just barely lit. After the 1st Act, they use a classic lush red curtain. (Sometimes my favorite kind of curtain.)

And I thought the 9 to 5 LA one was just blue with a rotating sun gobo on it?

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#448Show Curtains
Posted: 10/10/09 at 11:45am

I think the one CATS posted is Minsky's

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#449Show Curtains
Posted: 10/10/09 at 1:35pm

Nope, it is the recent Guys and Dolls revival.

Videos