News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 19

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#450Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 4/13/15 at 8:28pm

"I don't get why they need to add new characters."

They aren't adding any new characters. The feather duster's in the movie. She just didn't have a name.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#451Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 4/13/15 at 9:11pm

I specifically remember an article saying there would be new characters in this film. It's somewhere in this thread. 

Regarding the songs, The Broadway show added some beautiful musical numbers. I would love it if they put in "No Matter what" for the film. It's such a beautiful moment for Belle and her Dad.

I can live without "Me", but it's a fantastic song for Gaston. I have a strange feeling that "Human Again" will be kept in. It raises the stakes in the 2nd act.

Bill Condon did great with Dreamgirls so I'll try to have faith in this film.Even though I don't think Emma Watson is a very good actress and is all wrong for Belle. But we'll see.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

smallvillefan16
#452Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 4/13/15 at 9:24pm

I believe they are including the musical numbers from the stage musical. 

Showface
#453Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 4/13/15 at 9:58pm

I'm still holding out hope that they will cast Jean Dujardin as Lumiere! Hiddleston is very good, but Jean Dujardin is just perfect!

Also, I think they're just adding in new songs...I don't remember hearing about characters...hmmm

And I think the new songs are from the Broadway run. Perhaps they're bringing back the music team so they can tweak it some?

Also, I am pleased with Ian McKellen as Cogsworth!

And don't be too sure quite yet about how he will deal with the CGI (if he needs to); he's done the Hobbit films, and if  I recall correctly Meryl Streep talked about how she didn't like filming Death Becomes Her, because of the CGI...several years later, she played a magical witch in a Disney film.

Anything can happen, and they could always change his role size if the CGI will be too much (which I don't think it will)...they could make him a large grandfather clock that remains stationary...or a pocket watch...who knows? We still don't know how they will do the objects, anyway.

Let's hope the rest of the casting slays, like it has thus far! 

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#454Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 4/14/15 at 6:31am

Yes, McKellan did the Hobbit films, but he hated the greenscreen because he had no actors to react to, they were just a bunch of paper faces taped to sticks so he'd know where to look. He became so frustrated and angry that he broke down weeping when they were filming the scenes at Bag End, when it was just him in an empty green room with thirteen paper faces  taped to poles. Jackson tried to make it up to him (he couldn't afford to have McKellan quit after all) but nothing really changed and I don't imagine Ian's much happier these days at the thought of having to act to empty air.

However, he might just do the voice and someone else might do the mo-cap, if they even go that route.

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#455Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 4/14/15 at 6:57am

well if Ian McKellan do not like doing the whole greenscreen/CGI thing, then maybe they picked the wrong guy to be Cogsworth. Surely he thought about this before Condon cast him as Cogsworth as the fact that everything he will do in the film is to be CGI'd all except for the beginning and the end when they will be in human form before being "transformed".

Even though you might think that Jean DuJardin might be perfect for Lumiere, I cannot understand a word the man says when he talks as his accent is so strong. I'm still crossing my fingers for Tom Hiddleston to be cast as Lumiere. I really do hope he gets cast as he worked with Disney last year and voiced the lead for Disney's "Tinkerbell & The Pirate Fairy".

Mrtrobz
#456Emma Watson to star in Condon's
Posted: 4/14/15 at 9:42am

I think McKellen will be fine, he probably will just wear a motion capture suit and be on set if needed, other than that motion capture doesn't really lend itself well to a clock and teapot and especially not a feather duster, I can imagine them doing it with other artists and hiring Audra, Ian and Emma to do the voice overs later in the film. None of the characters for Harry Potter were on set whilst filming the motion capture, Toby Jones was brought in post production to record his lines.

Updated On: 4/14/15 at 09:42 AM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#457Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/14/15 at 9:33pm

Beauty and the Beast

It's really happening!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#458Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/14/15 at 9:52pm

This picture makes me happy :)

Jonwo
#459Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/14/15 at 10:04pm

Emma Thompson said in an interview that the objects will be CG and they'll come in as themselves towards the end to shoot the final scene.

i do wonder why the casting of Lumiere is taking longer, I'm hoping its Jean Durajin, 

Showface
#460Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/14/15 at 10:16pm

"Emma Thompson said in an interview that the objects will be CG and they'll come in as themselves towards the end to shoot the final scene.

i do wonder why the casting of Lumiere is taking longer, I'm hoping its Jean Durajin, "

Really? Cool. Do you happen know where the article (or video) is of Emma Thompson saying this?? I would love to read it! :)

Jonwo
#461Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/14/15 at 10:51pm

""Emma Thompson said in an interview that the objects will be CG and they'll come in as themselves towards the end to shoot the final scene.

i do wonder why the casting of Lumiere is taking longer, I'm hoping its Jean Durajin, "

Really? Cool. Do you happen know where the article (or video) is of Emma Thompson saying this?? I would love to read it! :)
 "

It was a radio interview with Graham Norton so it might available as online or as a podcast.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#462Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/14/15 at 11:07pm

"""Emma Thompson said in an interview that the objects will be CG and they'll come in as themselves towards the end to shoot the final scene.

"

It was a radio interview with Graham Norton so it might available as online or as a podcast."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02mz5wv

Mrtrobz
#463Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/14/15 at 11:19pm

That settles it then it's pre-rendered animation with voice work, no motion capture required. I also like that Emma seems to debute her Mrs. Potts voice in the clip. I hope we get to see some of that concept animation soon maybe at D23.

Updated On: 4/14/15 at 11:19 PM

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#464Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 7:17am

"Emma Thompson said in an interview that the objects will be CG and they'll come in as themselves towards the end to shoot the final scene."

We'll probably won't hear anything about the rest of the cast (lumiere, chip, etc...) now the until the last couple of weeks of filming. Filming is normally 3-4 months isn't it so as far as Lumiere, etc...goes, the crew on the film is probably gonna stay quiet for a bit even though we are all waiting in anticipation.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#465Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 1:45pm

Happy Birthday to Emma Thompson, Emma Watson and Luke Evans! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#466Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 2:32pm

without having to scroll through all 19 pages of this thread, when is the scheduled air date for this??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Starship
#467Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 2:35pm

^ March 17, 2017.

theaterfan15
#468Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 3:08pm

""Emma Thompson said in an interview that the objects will be CG and they'll come in as themselves towards the end to shoot the final scene."

We'll probably won't hear anything about the rest of the cast (lumiere, chip, etc...) now the until the last couple of weeks of filming. Filming is normally 3-4 months isn't it so as far as Lumiere, etc...goes, the crew on the film is probably gonna stay quiet for a bit even though we are all waiting in anticipation."

It's also possible that the reason why they have not announced an actor for Lumiere yet is because a deal has not been made yet.

McKellen wrote about the first table read and it sounds like everything went wonderfully well.

Ian McKellen makes the first table read for Beauty and the Beast sound magical

Updated On: 6/25/15 at 03:08 PM

PJPan
#469Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 3:42pm

Damn, McKellen sounds just so happy to be a part of this. I'm looking forward to reading about the process :)

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#470Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 4:41pm

This got me so pumped up! And yay for Audra McDonald, singing (as we all expected) and great that we will hear McKellen, singing as well.

On the casting side, according to McKellen, Hattie Morahan is in the movie, as well. Any guesses? Enchantress?

rjm516
#471Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 6:37pm

This cast is TOO PERFECT! 

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#472Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 6:59pm

Oh God it freaking starts. This is going to be the "Into the woods new social media photo" all over again. I have no problem with Ian or any of the cast announcing their excitement about a table reading, but why the hell would anyone report it as news?! Lord.

I can't wait for the following:

NEWS: Emma Watson wears her hair like Belle at the 4th rehearsal!

NEWS: Josh Gad and Luke Evans get Ice Cream together on their day off from filming BEAUTY.

NEWS: Audra McDonald brings cookies for the cast!

It's like who the heck cares?!

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#473Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 7:50pm

It's like who the heck cares?!

The 472 people that have commented on this thread so far.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#474Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 4/15/15 at 8:58pm

I can't see how they could possibly keep Lumiere's casting a secret for the next several months. Not when they've announced all the other parts.

As for Chip, we could just assume it'd be Daniel Huttlestone if he wasn't too old for the part now...

Videos