RIP Shannon Tavarez...

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#25RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 9:02am

.... sad beyond belief.

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

THDavis Profile Photo
THDavis
#26RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 9:10am

This is so heartbreaking. Rest in peace beautiful.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#27RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 9:19am

My mother always says that there's nothing worse in this world than losing a child. Have peace.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

broadwayjim42
#28RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 9:38am

Losing someone so young always takes the wind out of your sails.

A friend of my kids died a few months ago from a neurological disorder. She wasn't supposed to live past two and made in to 21, graduating high school, going to her prom and even though none of us had seen her in a couple of years, it wrecked us all.

Celebrate Shannon's memory and talent...if all we knew of her was her fight for life and the groundswell of support that resulted, she's left quite a legacy.

juliethejarhead Profile Photo
juliethejarhead
#29RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 11:40am

Very sad news.

My sincerest condolences to her family and friends.

algy Profile Photo
algy
#30RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 12:14pm

So so sad. There is really nothing else to say, except that my thoughts and prayers are with her and her loved ones.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#31RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 12:26pm

I'm going to let ALGY above me speak for me as well. My sentiments exactly.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

LesMizazz Profile Photo
LesMizazz
#32RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 12:42pm

My heart goes out to her family, friends, cast members, and loved ones. I know that so many people were trying so hard to help her through this fight.

"And suddenly I'm flying flying like a bird, like electricity, electricity, sparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm free" -Billy Elliot

NGeorgiaBwayFan Profile Photo
NGeorgiaBwayFan
#33RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 12:49pm

Rest in Peace, dear Shannon.
We're praying for peace and comfort for your family.

"Like the good Lord says . . . Ya gotta take the rough with the smooth, Baby!" Madame Rose

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#34RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 2:13pm

Many prayers to her family, now folks there IS something you can do to honor her memory. Go and become a bone marrow donor; it is simple and painless and your insurance will cover the cost. This is how you can truly honor her memory, they could not find a match for her, but you could save another life.

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#35RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 3:10pm

RIP RIP Shannon Tavarez...

nyb418
#36RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 3:18pm

Very sad news. May you find comfort and peace Shannon.RIP.

Condolences to family and friends.RIP Shannon Tavarez...

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#37RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 4:26pm

"Tavarez" is a trending topic on Twitter in the US...craziness.

BellatrixxLestrangee Profile Photo
BellatrixxLestrangee
#38RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 4:55pm

Soo sad =(
RIP Shannon.

You gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for? -BP.

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#39RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 5:46pm

I don't even know what to say. Shannon will be missed. She had so much talent and accomplished more than some will ever accomplish in their lives. It's so depressing to see a child pass away. I admire her positive attitude through all of her treatment. She really raised awareness for her condition and for bone marrow donations. Rest in peace, Shannon.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#40RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 6:11pm

I was devastated when I heard. Such sad news
May she rest in peace and may her family find peace.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

kelzama
#41RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 6:33pm

For all who don't know what to say, what to do:

Get swabbed forthe bone marrow registry. There would be no finer tribute to this young life lost than to help save another.

ahhrealmonsters
#42RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/2/10 at 9:39pm

My dad, who has been in and out of hospitals for practically my entire life, always said that he would rather be in a hospital than a child.

I did not know Shannon, but from what I've seen/heard, she was an extremely strong young woman who was a fighter and a lover. She chased her dreams, and although her life ended way too soon, she did get to live her dream of Broadway.

RIP. My blessings go out to her family and friends. Thanks to Shannon's "get swabbed" fight, many many more children will live.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#43RIP Shannon Tavarez...
Posted: 11/3/10 at 5:01pm

Very sad news, and lovely sentiments from BWW.

Videos