A FLAT EVITA......

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#25A FLAT EVITA......
Posted: 3/13/12 at 3:40pm

Guys, we all know lupone76 is only mad because of all the damn camera's at curtain call. They all heard the announcement...who do they think they are???

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#26A FLAT EVITA......
Posted: 3/13/12 at 4:40pm

Lupone76 must have been so mad that they flooded the Marquis.

Harsh.

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#27A FLAT EVITA......
Posted: 3/13/12 at 5:56pm

A FLAT EVITA....... I for some reason thought immediately of flat chested..... Strange

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#28A FLAT EVITA......
Posted: 3/13/12 at 6:02pm

$ 147 a pop does not buy what it used to.

Glad I passed on this for Best Man & Ghost

Poster Emeritus

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29A FLAT EVITA......
Posted: 3/13/12 at 7:12pm

How do you know they will be any better? With all the GOOD things the other thread has to say -- why do you assume THIS poster feels the way YOU would?

Please dont judge what you haven't seen.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#30A FLAT EVITA......
Posted: 3/13/12 at 8:09pm

Just because Elena is a B cup and Patti is a D is no reason to call the other flat.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

amoni2 Profile Photo
amoni2
#31A FLAT EVITA......
Posted: 3/13/12 at 8:26pm

IM ALMOST SORRY I HAVE TO SIT THRU THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCTION AGAIN

You're almost sorry you have to sit thru this horrible production again? Oh who you ****tin'? First, no you don't HAVE to. You WANT to go back so you can run back here and trash it against the ghost of a thirty year old production. You will take great pleasure.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#32A FLAT EVITA......
Posted: 3/13/12 at 8:30pm

The show has had one preview performance and these bitches are already out for blood.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#33The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/13/12 at 8:36pm

Everyone is invited to revisit the original production's reviews. Except for the NY Post I the press was tepid to horrible. EVITA got not one but two pans in the Times, from the daily and then again on the weekend from Walter Kerr, who hated both the material and what Prince did with it. Lupone was given backdoor compliments. ("Ms. Lupone sings the role well and moves with rattlesnake vitality..." That's it.) The show opened to some of the worst reviews for a "big" imported show in my lifetime. And yet was an instant hit.

"thought the score sounds as if Max Steiner had arranged it for Carmen Miranda...(but) there are waltzes and polkas to keep us alert..."

Keep us alert?

"...undramatized hearsay... We never see any of these things happen on stage...we hear about them second hand, mostly from the omnipresent Che...it is rather like reading footnotes from a text that has disappeared...We are condemned to hearing what we want to know ... need to know, if we are to offer any kind of response by a narrator...We're not participants, we're recipients of postal cards...."

May I just say, SIDE SHOW got far more interesting reviews, even when they were mixed. This show was critic proof in 1979, and certainly from the advance may prove so again. But it's never been touted, or especially admired by the press.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#34The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/13/12 at 8:46pm

For the record, Clive Barnes said: "All the performances are far better than in the London version, but never more so than in the casting of Miss LuPone as the whore with a heart that has a Swiss bank account number. This Evita of urchin grandeur spits aspiration, she dissolves in her own glory, she keeps her head, her style, her pocketbook and a voice that can belt like Merman and melt like Piaf."

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#35The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/13/12 at 8:52pm

Ah, Barnes. Interesting that he saw the Lupone talent (and career trajectory) that others did not? He was pretty irrelevant back then, having moved from the NY Times to the Post, which is like moving from Columbia to a GED program, no matter what your personal politics. But he was right about Lupone, wasn't he? After being infamously wrong about so much when he covered the first Sondheim shows for the Paper of Record. We should give credit where credit is due, to Clive and Patti.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

whatever2
#36The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/13/12 at 9:25pm

Dame: i think you've confused your singular and your plural ... so far in this thread, i only count one bitch out for blood.

(well, out for elena's blood, anyway!)

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#37The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/13/12 at 10:17pm

And also out for Ricky's mustache

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#38The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/14/12 at 7:49am

I don't think Martin is used to the 'stache himself. In that entire interview posted on BWW, he looks like he's about to sneeze every time he speaks.

I blame the 'stache.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#39The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/14/12 at 5:27pm

I HAVE ONE QUESTION. WHO THE FVCK IS BERNATE PETERS?!!!

**CAP LOCKS LEFT ON INTENTIONALLY.

whatever2
#40The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/14/12 at 5:34pm

I don't know, but judging from her name i bet she makes a lot of noise in the theater.

=:o

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

HopeChanged
#41The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/15/12 at 4:46pm

Yeah, but here is a question that must be asked:

If you were on a desert island with nothing to watch but Evita, would you rather have cheese fries or onion rings to go with the performance? Or, maybe nachos with an endless stream of margaritas?

Updated On: 3/15/12 at 04:46 PM

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#42The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/15/12 at 4:58pm

The show was called FLAT by original critics.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#43The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/16/12 at 12:37am

F*ck, it is 12:30 Am and now I want cheese fries, Suck my d**k!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#44The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/16/12 at 5:32am

^^^ Ewwww!!!

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#45The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/16/12 at 6:24am

Pork rinds.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#46The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/16/12 at 6:41am

My Oh My, you're on a diet! You can have apple slices.

....but the world goes 'round

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#47The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/16/12 at 7:22am

I misplaced my Deal-a-Meal, so starting next month.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

labwyfan Profile Photo
labwyfan
#48The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/16/12 at 12:02pm

Can someone explain the cheese fries reference?

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#49The show was called FLAT by original critics.
Posted: 3/16/12 at 12:50pm

I think it's something from CANDIDE? Does anyone know?

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Videos