pixeltracker

Cinderella opening Feb 2013 @ Broadway Theatre- Page 2

Cinderella opening Feb 2013 @ Broadway Theatre

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#25Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 7:44pm

I hope they have an awesome carriage and gown transformation. I'm headed to NY in Feb. I might stop and see this.

Born in a Ditch
#26Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 8:49pm

I have a friend who took a master class with her today and she mentioned that the show is going to be super technical. Something along the lines of the carriage actually flying.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#27Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 9:03pm

Anna Louizos is designing the set! I can't wait to see what she does Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#28Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 9:36pm

Louizos has three designs coming this season! THE PERFORMERS, THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD and CINDERELLA. I love her designs and can't wait to see her work!

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#29Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 9:48pm

CANNOT WAIT for this. Laura is perfect for the role, and I can't wait to hear her sing these songs. Hoping the overall production is spectacular!

::bust a move::

JohnyBroadway
#30Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 10:10pm

I hope they make a cast recording. I can't wait to hear Laura sing " In My Own Little Corner" and I hope they've kept "The Sweetest Sounds" in tact.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#31Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 10:21pm

Laura and Santino would sound great singing The Sweetest Sounds.

Santino opened The Fantasticks revival as Matt

Here's his Metaphor

florida theatre kid Profile Photo
florida theatre kid
#32Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 10:30pm

REALLY looking forward to this, Kinky Boots, and Matilda! I can't wait to see Osnes as Cinderella, as well as Marla Mindelle. Next season looks like it's going to be really great!

beautywickedlover
#33Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 11:11pm

^ It will be a great season even though 'Cinderella' be considered an original Broadway musical at the Tonys. It will be considered for Best Revival of Musical at the Tonys. despite the fact that this will be the first time that the show has played on Broadway. At this year's Laurence Olivier Awards, 'Andrew Llyod Webber's: The Wizard of Oz' was nominated for Best Musical Revival even though it was playing in the West End for the the first time.

Updated On: 8/7/12 at 11:11 PM

RevolutionaryCostume Profile Photo
RevolutionaryCostume
#34Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 11:51pm

What major changes has Beane made to the story? I'm so curious. I love the music to this show, but the book (in the 60s version) is really corny. I remember my sister and I as kids saying "a cool dipper of water from your well before I diiiiie of thirst" and erupting into giggles.

Visceral_Fella
#35Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/7/12 at 11:51pm

if Marla Mindelle stays with this project she'll seemingly work at the same theatre twice in a row. That's pretty cool. Updated On: 8/8/12 at 11:51 PM

Buddy Plummer2
#36Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 12:38am

All I know: **SPOILER ALERT**

The end of Act One is right as the clock strikes midnight, and someone (it might be Cinderella, the Stepmother, one of the Stepsisters, or maybe this new character, Jean Micheal) takes the shoe from the steps.

All I know...

JohnyBroadway
#37Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 12:40am

Interesting the 1st act has always ended with "It'sPossible" can't wait to see how it's been reconstructed.

bwaylvsong
#38Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 12:54am

^Sounds like the intermission was moved later due to a new plot twist that will now bulk up the previously brief second act.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#39Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 12:59am

Maybe they cut Boys and Girls Like You And Me? I'd love to see the two songs added in for the 1997 ABC version. My other hope is that this is a traditions staging, not overly cartoonish or trying to be modern. Who's doing the costumes?

Besides this and ANNIE, what other musical revivals do we get? Besides INTO THE WOODS rumored to move.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#40Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 1:10am

@ Visceral_Fella : Marla Mindelle's Broadway debut was at the Vivian Beaumont with SOUTH PACIFIC. :)

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times

bwayphreak234
#41Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 1:10am

^ The Mystery of Edwin Drood. Wow I can't believe act 1 ends with the clock striking midnight!!! They must really be adding some things! I don't know if I can wait to find out!! Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre

Visceral_Fella
#42Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 1:22am

@wicked1492 You are most definitely right. Thank you. :) I'll edit it now.

Updated On: 8/8/12 at 01:22 AM

degrassifan
#43Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 1:45am

I'm not surprised Act One ends at midnight. I've always thought ending at the transformation for any Cinderella story is probably too soon, in my opinion. But, both midnight and the transformation are good stopping points.

I don't think Boys and Girls Like You and Me will be in the show because the king and queen are not in the new story, unless it will be a song for other characters.

Btw, has anyone noticed that the prince's name is Topher? Either The Prince Is Giving A Ball has been reworked or scrapped altogether.

Updated On: 8/8/12 at 01:45 AM

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#44Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 1:47am

^ Aww I hope it stays - I love that song!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

bwayphreak234
#45Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 1:54am

I am excited to see what the logo and promo material looks like.

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#46Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 5:56am

bit confused why the show is going into the impossing Broadtway Theater, I would of thought producers would of looked at something like the Stephen Sondheim Theater or Music Box, this show for me already smacks of another 'On A Clear Day'.

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#47Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 7:06am

So do we know for sure that this will be classed as a revival?

Why the hell are they adding "Now Is The Time"? It's a terrible song. It also wasn't cut completely from South Pacific, the Royal National Theatre used it and in the original and revival Broadway productions, it was also used as scene change music in Act II.

The Prince is Giving A Ball...plagiarised by Andrew Lloyd Webber for Hannibal from The Phantom of the Opera?

bwayphreak234
#48Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 9:37am

bit confused why the show is going into the impossing Broadtway Theater, I would of thought producers would of looked at something like the Stephen Sondheim Theater or Music Box, this show for me already smacks of another 'On A Clear Day'.

The Music Box would be WAYYY too small for a show that is (most likely) going to have huge sets and spectacle. I would not write this off as another Clear Day yet.

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#49Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre
Posted: 8/8/12 at 9:49am

For the prince's name to be "Topher," they don't have to change the song "The Prince is Giving A Ball." In the song, his first name is Christopher, and "Topher" is sometimes used as a nickname, rather than Chris. So I hope they didn't change it because I love that song!

Seriously, who names their child Christopher Rupert Vwindemier Vlandamier Carl Alexander Francois Reginald Lancelot Herman Gregory James? With a name that long, I'd want a nickname for sure.

Videos