Matilda Rush?

WhatIWasBorn2Do Profile Photo
WhatIWasBorn2Do
#25Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/17/13 at 9:40pm

Telecharge lists about less than a dozen tickets left for tomorrows performance, ALL of them being singles. Unless they pulled certain seats for rush, I would say rushing tomorrow is NOT a good idea. And yeah, quite literally, go line up soon. This is insanity. Im waiting until after they open for them to hopefully refigure the situation and announce new policies (either lotto/standing room or a crazy rush like Once)

WhatIWasBorn2Do Profile Photo
WhatIWasBorn2Do
#26Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/18/13 at 11:49am

Anyone try to rush this morning?

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#27Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/18/13 at 9:59pm

The policy has officially been announced. FYI: a box office attendant said people were lining up before 6 am. I'm not sure this policy will help much though!

It is $27, Monday through Thursday (and 20 seats are available)

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#28Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/18/13 at 10:18pm

The policy states "there will be a minimum of 20 tickets per performance," and "tickets are subject to availability and may not be offered at all performances," so I'm not sure what that means.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#29Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/19/13 at 12:36am

Looks like I'll be paying full price for balcony seats when I visit in May; I can only be in NYC for the weekend. Oh, well, at least those tickets are affordable. Thanks for linking!

tking001
#30Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/19/13 at 5:40pm

It means they are holding 20 per performance for student rush and it is not available opening night and March 28th.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#31Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/19/13 at 5:59pm

If they are holding 20 tickets, then it is not subject to availability.

The press release ALSO listed the two specific dates that tickets will not be available. So then why say that "tickets may not be available for all performances"? Either 20 tickets are available for all performances, except the two they specifically mention, or they are not.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Felm_heart Profile Photo
Felm_heart
#32Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/20/13 at 8:02pm

Anyone know what the scene has been like since the changed policy?

jfg729
#33Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/21/13 at 12:35am

I was in line at 7am this morning with a friend and we were 15th and 16th in the line. The first person had arrived at 5:30am.

getatme
#34Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/21/13 at 1:56am

^I think you might mean they got there at 4:30, because I got in line at 5 and was sixth in line.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#35Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/21/13 at 10:07am

WTF is wrong with you people?!?! This is INSANE!

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

jfg729
#36Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/21/13 at 10:53am

Ugh. We were told 5:30. Both are pretty ridiculous.

Someday Profile Photo
Someday
#37Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/22/13 at 1:29pm

I see that the policy says they'll ask for a government issued ID, in addition to a current student one. Any idea why? Are they doing an age restriction?

Have they actually been asking for the government ID or just the student one?

Nickhutson Profile Photo
Nickhutson
#38Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/22/13 at 1:33pm

I think it's 16 - 25 year olds only (as it is here in London)

Nick Hutson Co-Presenter/Producer MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#39Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/22/13 at 1:35pm

Jersey Boys also asks for a government ID. Not all schools put a year on their ID cards (mine doesn't), so the gov't ID helps determine if you are still a student in those instances.

getatme
#40Matilda Rush?
Posted: 3/22/13 at 1:37pm

The box office didn't ask for a government ID and they didn't appear to take particular note of the names of anyone buying tickets. My friend who successfully rushed another day said the same thing happened.

bwayalltheway
#41Matilda Rush?
Posted: 4/22/13 at 7:09pm

I plan on rushing Wednesday. I can see from here and the rush reports what time the first person has been lining up, but do you think 6 a.m. is too late?

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#42Matilda Rush?
Posted: 5/3/13 at 12:21pm

Sorry if this has already been asked, but do they really only offer rush Monday-Thursday? I want to take my little sister to see the show on a Saturday over the summer (and we're willing to see either the matinee or the evening).

dancer484
Sophiia Profile Photo
Sophiia
#44Matilda Rush?
Posted: 5/7/13 at 6:00pm

Boo, huge crowd at the first official lottery this afternoon! No luck for me. Such a bummer there's no guarantee now, I would've loved to camp out for hours! But happy the show is so successful :)

Do they sell cancellations?

hanabana
#45Matilda Rush?
Posted: 5/8/13 at 1:24am

I would love to try lottery for Matilda! But with the show's popularity, I'd assume we are talking about crowds the size of Wicked lotto? Well, it's worth a shot though! I'll go when I have time~ Good luck to all those who's gonna try!

gchris11
#46Matilda Rush?
Posted: 5/13/13 at 11:36am

Was at the second Matilda rush on Wednesday. only about 150 people. I won.

hanabana
#47Matilda Rush?
Posted: 5/15/13 at 2:23am

gchris11, that's awesome! How was the lottery seat?

gchris11
#48Matilda Rush?
Posted: 5/15/13 at 6:48pm

Row h house left against the wall side, right in front of the pillar. Excellent seats for $27.

Visceral_Fella
#49Matilda Rush?
Posted: 5/15/13 at 7:09pm

I went today, and it was a mad house, way more crowded than the Wicked lottery. I've never seen a lottery so packed, bear in mind that I never did BOM lottery, someone there compared it to that though.

Videos