pixeltracker

Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly- Page 2

Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#25Now you don't have to watch That Streisand Woman in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 2:29pm

@ Fantod
"Because broadwayworld has specific rules about the posting of bootlegs on the message board, whereas private messaging is not against the rules"
"Also I'm pretty sure the main one that is circulating is from 1994, whereas the one I have is not a bootleg (pro shot) and is from 1977 "
Is it a bootleg or not?

Darreyl with an L!

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#26Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 2:31pm

It's a pro shot of the tour for producers to ensure that Gower's staging remained the same through various revivals of the show, but was never commercially released, meaning that posting it would be akin to posting a bootleg.

Updated On: 10/21/14 at 02:31 PM

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
Phyllis Rogers Stone
#28Now you don't have to watch That Streisand Woman in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 2:41pm

Sometimes they delete PMs that mention bootlegs, depending on what kind of snit the mod is in.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#29Now you don't have to watch That Streisand Woman in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 3:18pm

There are clips on youtube. I don't understand the hoopla. There are two of these videos and they've been out there for ages.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#31Now you don't have to watch That Streisand Woman in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 3:25pm

So because BWW has rules against posting about bootlegs, you're "being good" by posting about bootlegs but it's ok because it's not about bootlegs it's just about your bootleg?

And that "proshot" you have is still incredibly common. Get over yourself.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#32Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 3:31pm

What the hell is wrong with you, Jordan? I am just trying to be nice to anybody who may want the video so they can enjoy it without having to go through the trouble of finding it themselves. I never said it was extremely rare or impossible to find, but merely that I had it and if you wanted to see it you could. I am no more special than anyone else, but I have something that I want to share and am doing what I can to share it.

Updated On: 10/21/14 at 03:31 PM

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#33Now you don't have to watch That Streisand Woman in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 3:37pm

Call me when you have Susan Watson in SHE LOVES ME or Megan Hilty as Queenie in LaChiusa's WILD PARTY at CMU (audio or video).

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated
Updated On: 10/21/14 at 03:37 PM

Wildcard
#34Now you don't have to watch That Streisand Woman in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 3:43pm

It's hard to equate the "trying to be nice" part when you title the thread "Now you don't have to watch That Streisand Woman in Hello, Dolly"

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#35Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 3:50pm

Happy?

Jordan Catalano
#36Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 3:56pm

What the hell is wrong with me?

Well for starters, people like you. Other than that here's a list -

1) I'm not sure if the boy I like feels the same way. I think he does, but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't liked anyone this much in a while so I'm just being a 12 year old girl about it (much like you're being in this thread)

2) Stress at work. We're going through a big transition at my job and it's just taking everything I have not to go off on people (much like with you in this thread)

3) I've been questioning whether or not to move from NYC. Things here are changing in a way that I'm not really thrilled with (I mean, they have been for a long time now) and it just seems like it might be a good time to look at other cities, since so many things here now just piss me off (much like with you in this thread)

Alessio2
#37Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:06pm

Fantod- I would love a link, sent you a PM. nice of you to share!

Jordan-what's troubling you about NYC? I ask because I am considering returning to NY after having been gone for 9 years! I know the city is always changing, just curious as to your personal view of it...

Jordan Catalano
#38Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:10pm

Oh, there's a lot of things that bother me about the way the city has changed. But a big part has to do with the fact that so many friends of mine feel the same way and a great number of them have left. It's just been on my mind lately.

As for this damn DOLLY shlt, STOP. OFFERING. BOOTLEGS. ON. THIS. SITE!!!!

JEEEEZUS, PEOPLE! If you really like them and value them and understand their importance, STOP POSTING THEM ONLINE AND OFFERING THEM TO ANYONE WITH A LINK!!!!

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#39Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:41pm

Well I hope that your crush works out and that you remain in the same or a better position after the transition ends at your job and I think that moving to New York has its pros and cons. I hope that whatever decision you make you are satisfied with.

Adair Haywind
#40Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:45pm

Sorry to hear about your NYC troubles, Jordan. I've always wanted to live in the city. Given any thought as to where you may go?

Jordan Catalano
#41Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:54pm

I wouldn't call them "troubles", just thoughts.

Jordan Catalano
#42Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 4:54pm

I wouldn't call them "troubles", just thoughts.

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#43Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 9:07pm

Nowack, my friend Lexy played Dolores in that production!

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir
Updated On: 10/22/14 at 09:07 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#44Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/21/14 at 9:12pm

What happened to Dollypop anyhow?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#45Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/22/14 at 2:34am

Jordan I have been on here long enough to recognise many of the regular posters and when your bewitching avartar appears I look forward to reading your words as they are fearless, entertaining and intelligent.
Your emotional response to clearly something you feel very strongly about allowed all here to see just how vunerable we/you can be when given that slight 'push'.
Offering no words of wisdom as that would be too egotistical but hope this small detour sorts itself out the way that you wish...

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#46Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/22/14 at 7:01am

"Nowack, my friend Lexi played Doloras in that production!"

Lexy.

Fixed that.

I mean, Dolores, too, but she's a fictional character... and not your friend.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#47Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/22/14 at 11:07am

Growl - thank you. You can see how tired I was yesterday! I swear I would lose my head unless it was attached!

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir
Updated On: 10/22/14 at 11:07 AM

AngusN
#48Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/22/14 at 12:53pm

Personally I would never want to watch Channing croak her way through Herman's fabulous score. Her cast recordings of the show are horrific and unlistenable. I wouldn't care how fantastic an actress she is, I could never overlook her dreadful vocals.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#49Carol Channing in Hello, Dolly
Posted: 10/22/14 at 1:20pm

She does not have dreadful vocals! She is quite a good singer, and just has a stylized voice.

Videos