pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:34pm

Is anyone worried about Something Rotten underperforming?  For the positive buzz, I had expected more than 76% gross potential.  Of course, it did have 99% attendance, so maybe the numbers are all moving in the right direction.  Thoughts?

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:41pm

[title of show] (6) was small. Story of My Life (6) was small. Glory Days (6) was small. Triumph of Love (10) was small. Falsettos (10) was small. Romance/Romance (6) was small. Pump Boys and Dinettes (8 ) was small, and they were the band, too!

Updated On: 4/13/15 at 04:41 PM

AEA AGMA SM
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:48pm

"18 isn't big either. Im sure they aren't making minimum but how much do you think that show costs? I don't like 400,000 is to bad for a show like that. I have always read the grosses so i don't know what you are talking about and neither do you! You probably remember what i said wrong."

Wasnt there a week when Honeymoon made 600,000? Idk i never really looked at the numbers, i just knew they were bad and thought the producers were gonna hold off til nominations which i think they did try to. 

So which is it?  Because your prior statement that you "never really looked at the numbers" seems to be in contradiction to your current "I have always read the grosses."  Or was the former just more of your "sarcasm" that we are magically supposed to interpret and understand?

Liza's Headband
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:56pm

^ Brilliant. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 4:58pm

SR is performing below expectations although it should be noted it was a 7 performance week, including opening and press nights. Like I said, there are a lot of shows in "watch" mode. Gigi performed above expectations, although it should be noted it is a show that would be expected to skew higher during spring break. That bodes well if it can get to summer. But that's a pretty big if.

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 5:24pm

Philly don't start---again, it was bad enough last week !

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 5:26pm

So happy for On The Town, Gigi, Something Rotten and It Should Have Been, all making much more money than last week. Cheers!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 5:35pm

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BosBroad
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 5:46pm

I have heard that Fleming is forgoing a salary.  Unclear if it's true, but she often donates performances where she could make big money.  

Updated On: 4/13/15 at 05:46 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 5:58pm

I do not think there is a mechanism for an actor (and that's what she is here) foregoing their salary. I also don't think one can donate one's salary to a for-profit entity (something that does not really exist in opera). And even if she did, the show is still losing a substantial six figure amount every week, and I see little hope of that reversing. This was just someone's bad idea, and someone else's large financial loss. 

BroadwayBen
#35Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 6:03pm

All the previewing new shows showing momentum…Fun Home, Dr. Zhivago and Something Rotten all up.  Finding Neverland has already found an audience.  

somechrysanthemumtea Profile Photo
somechrysanthemumtea
#36Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 6:55pm

Oh my god! Just shut up already Philly! Just stop being so brash with your posts already!! God!

Gigi went down in attendance but had a higher gross, does this mean less comps? Seems good though :)

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#37Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 6:58pm

I heard people aren't seeing Hand to God because its offensive

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Phillypinto
#38Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 7:02pm

You might have a point BosBroad. Their attendance isn't that bad. Hedwig and the Angry Inch actually had lower attendance. The reason Living on Love isn't making money is people the average ticket price is $34. 

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#39Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 7:03pm

"I heard people aren't seeing Hand to God because its offensive"

You heard that, huh? People probably aren't seeing BOOK OF MORMON because it's offensive too.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Phillypinto
#40Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 7:04pm

Book of Mormon is also a big flashy musical written by the South Park boys

aj88
#41Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 7:16pm

Mutiple reviews seem to point out how a few people have been walking out of Hand to God. Maybe it's because I'm hard to offend but I'm surprised that people have been leaving...if that is even the case. From when I saw it, the ladies sitting next to me seemed uncomfortable at times but commented that the cast did a wonderful job.

I do agree with those who say that next weeks gross for the show will be the biggest tell on its progress.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#42Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 7:26pm

YEAH for ON THE TOWN!!!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#43Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 7:41pm

People walkout of Mormon, too.  Big deal. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BosBroad
#44Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 9:56pm

Philly,

I didn't say anything about attendance not being bad.  I think all of the indicators are bad.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#45Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 10:10pm

What does it mean when new musicals 20th Century and The King and I are mostly selling out the theater but with a low gross potential and average ticket price?

Did they just sell a lot of discounted advance tickets to be sure that their productions would not have a lot of empty seats early, with the expectation that they will be able to charge full price when the discounts expired and the reviews and Tony's were in?

Do people really pay an average of $176 per ticket to see Lion King, which is a family show that has run for eighteen years and has a very good film of itself available?

Thanks.

AEA AGMA SM
#46Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/13/15 at 10:16pm

Both of those shows are being produced by non-profit companies with a subscriber base. So those subscribers got their tickets as part of a season package and thus at a reduced rate. Seeing a higher attendance but a lower overall gross is very common with shows produced by the non-profits. As the run progresses and you have fewer subscribers and more regular ticket buyers in the audience you'll see the gross come closer in line to the capacity (provided the show is selling well outside the subscriber base, of course).

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#47Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/14/15 at 4:51am

Philly your comments make me think of an amateur performing quee[person] who has just done a local production of Chicago, sitting around after show, legs crossed, glass of cardboard red in hand and saying ' well, OUR show was SOOO much better than Broadway'.

Eurotrash Profile Photo
Eurotrash
#48Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/14/15 at 5:50am

Scots' Boys and The Visit - are musicals without an interval really a good idea, commercially?

if you have no interval, then you are selling less than a full show, not to mention the lost interval sales.

Why don't you go? Why don't you leave Manderley? He doesn't need you... he's got his memories. He doesn't love you, he wants to be alone again with her. You've nothing to stay for. You've nothing to live for really, have you?

nasty_khakis
#49Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/12/15
Posted: 4/14/15 at 9:12am

are musicals without an interval really a good idea, commercially?

Yeah, A Chorus Line was a terrible idea.

Videos