pixeltracker

Titanic Broadway Revival 2019/2020!!!- Page 2

Titanic Broadway Revival 2019/2020!!!

CPB2
#25Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 12/3/17 at 5:03pm

Any links to criticism or reviews in English of the Korean production? I'm particularly curious what the response is like in a country where a large maritime disaster (Sewol ferry) is very much a part of recent memory. It must resonate differently there.

jonah3500
#26Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 12/3/17 at 6:21pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWwnWy8-VY4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NM3M8Bev1Q

I could see this coming to the Circle in the Square Theatre.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#27Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 12/3/17 at 7:17pm

I think it's been restaged for the proscenium in the Korean production.

brdwybound04
#28Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 2:40pm

Hope it finally comes in next season!!! Too bad it can’t open this season when OOTI folds... as of now Kiss Me Kate is the only revival confirmed for this season?!?!?????

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/193241/titanic-revival-aims-for-a-2019-2020-broadway-bow/

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#29Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 2:41pm

brdwybound04 said: "Hope it finally comes in next season!!! Too bad it can’t open this season when OOTI folds... as of now Kiss Me Kate is the only revival confirmed for this season?!?!?????

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/193241/titanic-revival-aims-for-a-2019-2020-broadway-bow/
"

There’s another discussion going on about this they just started shortly after the announcement  ; Scroll down a little bit and check it out

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

brdwybound04
#30Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 2:44pm

I saw that, but my post dates back to 2017! I’ve been posting and updating about this revival since way back then! Mine has more complete info. And a history/timeline of this production!

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#31Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 2:49pm

brdwybound04 said: "I saw that, but my post dates back to 2017! I’ve been posting and updating about this revival since way back then! Mine has more complete info. And a history/timeline of this production!"

Yeah I totally retract my statement LOL. I just read through the comments which answered one of my questions about the signature production. Apparently it was well worth seeing. I’ve never actually heard any music or anything from this show so if it does transfer I’m going to try to go in completely blind. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#32Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 4:47pm

For those who are saying Circle In The Square, that’s almost 100% certainly going to be where Hadestown goes into.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#33Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 4:52pm

Jordan Catalano said: "For those who are saying Circle In The Square, that’s almost 100% certainly going to be where Hadestown goes into."

also, I have not seen this production but Circle does not strike me as a venue to aspire to.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#34Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 5:38pm

At least, not if it wants to make any money.  Circle needs shows with low overhead.  So to speak.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

BDrischBDemented
#35Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 7:16pm

Jordan Catalano said: "

Jack - Jeremy Jordan
Rose - Laura Osnes
Cal - Steven Pasquale
Molly Brown - Mary Testa
Ruth - Donna Murphy
Old Rose - Carol Channing
Brock - Marc Kudisch

"

A woman’s heart may be an ocean of secrets

But blue diamonds are a girl’s best friend!

"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#36Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 8:01pm

No miniature Titanic creeping across the stage to end Act One, no dice.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#37Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 8:55pm

Im not a fan of Titanic. But this season needs some revivals.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#38Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 8:56pm

Love this show and think the staging needs the thrust to make it exciting. Not sure it would be as thrilling with a traditional proscenium.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#39Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 9:08pm

RippedMan said: "Love this show and think the staging needs the thrust to make it exciting. Not sure it would be as thrilling with a traditional proscenium. "

I’ve never seen a staged production. How was the ship handled in the original? By “thrust” are you thinking about something akin to the ship in the revival of The King and I?

ghostlight2
#40Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 10:43pm

"Jordan Catalano said: "

Jack - Jeremy Jordan
Rose - Laura Osnes
Cal - Steven Pasquale
Molly Brown - Mary Testa
Ruth - Donna Murphy
Old Rose - Carol Channing
Brock - Marc Kudisch"

For those who don't know, this is a "joke". None of these characters exist in the original Broadway musical.

"Love this show and think the staging needs the thrust to make it exciting. Not sure it would be as thrilling with a traditional proscenium. "

"I’ve never seen a staged production. How was the ship handled in the original? By “thrust” are you thinking about something akin to the ship in the revival of The King and I?"

I don't know what Ripped man and George and Dot are talking about. The original was at the Lunt Fontanne, a traditional proscenium house. Obviously the entire set is the ship, which tilted as the ship was sinking as you can see in the video included here, but the ship itself was only represented once, at the end of act 1, in the form of a tiny model (technically twice, as one is used as a prop during Andrews' Lament, as he tries to redesign the ship so it doesn't sink).

eta: this clip must be from previews. In the show Andrews is

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

killed when the piano crushes him as the deck continues to tilt. We do not see his death because a curtain comes in to shield us from that. In this clip, the piano has already gone by him before the video cuts off.

Updated On: 9/10/18 at 10:43 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#41Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 10:59pm

Lol. I forgot I wrote that. But it’s a good cast! Although now I might substitute Diana Rigg for Carol Channing.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#42Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 11:07pm

Humorous story (and before I tell it, you should know the lady who told it to me found the humor in it). The lady I sat next to at Waitress in November said when she saw Titantic, she started sobbing as soon as the cast appeared at the beginning of Act 1 as they boarded the ship because she realized the whole cast was going to die. She was seated front center orchestra and felt it was pretty obvious to the cast that she was sobbing, which she found embarrassing, mainly because it probably was not clear to anyone why she was sobbing since the show had just begun.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#43Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 11:24pm

Thank you for that story! There is an ominous cloud hanging over all the smiles on the passenger's faces in the first act. We know how it ends, the actors know how it ends, but the characters do not and it's a fascinating give and take. It's hard for me to put into words.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#44Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 11:26pm

who are some people you guys wanna see star in this?

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

persephone88
#45Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/10/18 at 11:34pm

I saw this production at Signature. It was well done, and in a bigger theatre, could be really gorgeous. The very end scene after the boat went down was beautifully staged, and really sad. So much of the boat is suggested rather than shown - a bit more properties would have been nice in the dining scene, but use of the ramps worked well in giving the feel of the boat, and the last scenes - the ship builder frantically studying his drawings, the passengers who did not survive, the incidentals in the "waves" - some unforgettable images in the production. 

Speed
#46Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/11/18 at 12:11am

I'd definitely go if the whole Korean cast transferred with it.  They look great in the clips.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#47Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/11/18 at 12:15am

And, here's how the OBC handled the collision with the iceberg at end of act one (go forward to 5:01)

Updated On: 9/11/18 at 12:15 AM

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#48Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/11/18 at 11:12am

ghostlight2 said: "The original was at the Lunt Fontanne, a traditional proscenium house. Obviously the entire set is the ship, which tilted as the ship was sinking as you can see in the video included here, but the ship itself was only represented once, at the end of act 1, in the form of a tiny model (technically twice, as one is used as a prop during Andrews' Lament, as he tries to redesign the ship so it doesn't sink).

eta: this clip must be from previews. In the show Andrews is

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
killed when the piano crushes him as the deck continues to tilt. We do not see his death because a curtain comes in to shield us from that. In this clip, the piano has already gone by him before the video cuts off.

"

Did the entire floor of the stage tilt from one side to the other? If so, could the audience see underneath the "up" end?

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#49Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
Posted: 9/11/18 at 11:14am

ggersten said: "And, here's how the OBC handled the collision with the iceberg at end of act one (go forward to 5:01)

Did this work better in person, or did it really look this cartoon-ish? From the clip, I found it hard not to giggle when the scrim went up and the little toy boat made its way across the stage.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Videos