pixeltracker

Betty Buckley "DOLLY" opening in Cleveland/ Casting News ?- Page 2

Betty Buckley "DOLLY" opening in Cleveland/ Casting News ?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#25Betty Buckley
Posted: 5/18/18 at 10:05pm

Casting is in final callbacks this week, so I don't think we'll hear for another few weeks. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#26Betty Buckley
Posted: 5/21/18 at 11:44am

Would love to see Emily Rohm as Irene.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Dollypop
#27Betty Buckley
Posted: 5/21/18 at 1:00pm

...and Loretta Swit as Ermengarde!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#28Betty Buckley
Posted: 5/21/18 at 11:56pm

Lewis J Stadlen played Horace at the Wick Theatre. He was so good, that the show should have been called Hello Horace. He stole the show.  Great that he is doing the tour.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#29Betty Buckley
Posted: 6/24/18 at 5:13pm

RippedMan said: "Casting is in final callbacks this week, so I don't think we'll hear for another few weeks."

Well, it’s been a month. Any news? :)

Theatricality Profile Photo
Theatricality
#30Betty Buckley
Posted: 6/24/18 at 6:28pm

Utica, NY has a “secret show” being announced next month as a part of their 2018-2019 season. I would not be surprised one bit if Dolly will be teching here before it’s opening.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#31Betty Buckley
Posted: 6/24/18 at 11:56pm

I could love if Kristen Beth Willams was cast as Irene (she's the current understudy). I saw her as Sibella in the tour of GGLAM and I have no doubt she would be wonderful as Irene.

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#32Betty Buckley
Posted: 6/25/18 at 12:05pm

Theatricality said: "Utica, NY has a “secret show” being announced next month as a part of their 2018-2019 season. I would not be surprised one bit if Dolly will be teching here before it’s opening."

Cleveland has been advertising Hello Dolly as the launch of its tour in all printed marketing materials.

This is the third year in a row that a show has launched a tour in Cleveland, so I don't see why it would be any different. There's no need to do tech out-of-town before arriving.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2
Updated On: 6/25/18 at 12:05 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#33Betty Buckley
Posted: 6/25/18 at 12:32pm

sbflyfan said: "Theatricality said: "Utica, NY has a “secret show” being announced next month as a part of their 2018-2019 season. I would not be surprised one bit if Dolly will be teching here before it’s opening."

Cleveland has been advertising Hello Dolly as the launch of its tour in all printed marketing materials.

This is the third year in a row that a show has launched a tour in Cleveland, so I don't see why it would be any different. There's no need to do tech out-of-town before arriving.
"

Producers have been tech-ing/soft-opening their tours in NYS for the past few years due to a massive tax credit. From the sounds of it, DOLLY will just be doing that all in Cleveland, but I see where sbflyfan was going. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#34Betty Buckley
Posted: 6/26/18 at 6:23pm

Why would it need to be a secret?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#35Betty Buckley
Posted: 6/26/18 at 6:57pm

SmokeyLady said: "Why would it need to be a secret?"

They actually said “our opening show is TOO BIG that it can’t be announced until July!” I agree the only thing that makes any logical sense is Dolly, but we will see.

BwayJudd
#36Betty Buckley
Posted: 6/28/18 at 12:20pm

You were correct about Utica!

https://twitter.com/benmdennis/status/1012346951424249857?s=21

Updated On: 6/28/18 at 12:20 PM

Theatricality Profile Photo
Theatricality
#37Betty Buckley
Posted: 6/28/18 at 6:15pm

BwayJudd said: "You were correct about Utica!

https://twitter.com/benmdennis/status/1012346951424249857?s=21
"

It feels good to be right! Haha. I didn’t know officially but I had a really good feeling. I’ll be there the first night. Can’t wait!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#38Betty Buckley
Posted: 6/28/18 at 7:57pm

So happy to have the best Broadway show currently running in my own back yard (kind of, I’m in Syracuse). I saw the show three times (twice with Bette, once with Bernadette) and will be seeing Bette one last time on August 15th.

I will absolutely be making both shows in Utica and can’t wait to see what Buckley does with the role. I am even more excited to see who this cast is going to consist of now! It has to be announced soon, right?

I just hope it’s as magical as the Broadway production, who consistently fills me with so much joy and makes so many happy tears fall from my eyes. I’m so overjoyed by this news!!

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#39Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/9/18 at 8:39pm

Just got word from a friend that for Playhouse Square donors tickets go on sale 7/11 at 10 am, and for non-donors the sale starts July 27th at 11am.

VERY EXCITED!!! :)

Updated On: 7/10/18 at 08:39 PM

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#40Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/9/18 at 9:17pm

Deleted (combined two posts into the one above).

Updated On: 7/10/18 at 09:17 PM

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#41Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/10/18 at 1:30pm

Having just seen the Peters iteration, I'm more confident that Buckley will pull this off.  I had feared the Zaks staging wouldn't translate when the role was handed from Midler to Peters. But I thought both women -- and they are nothing alike -- worked equally well. Buckley isn't a comic, but she can be droll.  She's the most matronly -- no other word works as shorthand -- of the four in this staging, so she'll have a different presence.  But I suspect she's going to stretch with Zaks.  She'll sing the hell out of it, surely.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#42Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/11/18 at 12:10pm

The National Tour in Cleveland runs from Sunday Sept. 30th thru Sunday Oct. 21st. I have purchased tickets to see it Saturday Oct. 6th for the matinee performance, Mezzanine Row E, at the reasonable cost of $101.25 including taxes and fees, etc.

87 Days and Counting!!! :)

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#43Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/11/18 at 2:04pm

One thing that will be interesting seeing this tour, is how well they progress through each city in fine-tuning the timing of the delivery, develop little subtleties that make it their own, and grow into the roles.

Bernadette Peters and Victor Garber worked sooooo well together, and I can’t wait to see how Bette Midler and David Hyde Pierce compare.

Papi2013
#44Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/11/18 at 6:01pm

dmwnc1959 said: "One thing that will be interesting seeing this tour, is how well they progress through each city in fine-tuning the timing of the delivery, develop little subtleties that make it their own, and grow into the roles.

Bernadette Peters and Victor Garber worked sooooo well together, and I can’t wait to see how Bette Midler and David Hyde Pierce compare.

"

That’s the case with every show.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#45Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/11/18 at 6:36pm

Papi2013 said: "That’s the case with every show."

I wonder, some more so than others? This beloved revival has quite a pedigree over many decades of legends playing the staring role of Dolly Levi. I’m much more intrigued by this than say the National Tours of “Anastasia”, “Come From Away”, and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”, which I have tickets for all as well since they were part of my season package. Of the 13 shows I have booked between now and next May, “Hello, Dolly!” in NYC and Cleveland, as well as “My Fair Lady” at the Lincoln Center, and “Hamilton” next week in Cleveland and again in Pittsburgh in January, are my most anticipated. 

Updated On: 7/11/18 at 06:36 PM

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#46Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/14/18 at 4:03pm

Very exciting!

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#47Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/15/18 at 6:33pm

It appears that rehearsals have started for the tour? Found this on Betty Buckely’s Twitter feed, the “best boys” referring to her horses...

Hanging with my best boys on my last day home before I fly to NYC tomorrow to start rehearsals for the “Hello, Dolly!” tour starting in Sept.” - Betty Buckley, July 14, 2018

No mention of casting, which must be complete by now? 

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#48Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/15/18 at 7:36pm

dmwnc1959 said: "It appears that rehearsals have started for the tour? Found this on Betty Buckely’s Twitter feed, the “best boys” referring to her horses...

Hanging with my best boys on my last day home before I fly to NYC tomorrow to start rehearsals for the “Hello, Dolly!” tour starting in Sept.” - Betty Buckley, July 14, 2018

No mention of casting, which must be complete by now?
"

Sometimes casting ends up being fine-tuned during the rehearsal process, too. And with Betty Lynn, there are occasional... "creative differences."  We'll probably get an announcement in a month or so once everything's settled.

I'm trying to decide if I want to attend the September 30th performance or just wait a week or so into the run in Cleveland so I can see it twice in one day.  I was excited to attend the first performance of the tour, but that's a moot point now, thanks to Utica, NY.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#49Betty Buckley
Posted: 7/15/18 at 9:18pm

sbflyfan said: "Sometimes casting ends up being fine-tuned during the rehearsal process, too. And with Betty Lynn, there are occasional... "creative differences." We'll probably get an announcement in a month or so once everything's settled.

I'm trying to decide if I want to attend the September 30th performance or just wait a week or so into the run in Cleveland so I can see it twice in one day. I was excited to attend the first performance of the tour, but that's a moot point now, thanks to Utica, NY.
"

I already have a ticket purchased for Oct. 6th, and was thinking about buying another after I get back from seeing “Hamilton” in Cleveland this coming Friday, basically when general sales open up on the 27th. I’d love to see this twice as well, closer to the end of the run if I can find a date that doesn’t conflict with my Pittsburgh season tickets (“Anastasia” is on the 21st, the last day of the “Hello, Dolly!” Cleveland run).

Updated On: 7/15/18 at 09:18 PM

Videos