pixeltracker

rudest people at stage door- Page 2

rudest people at stage door

lc1965 Profile Photo
lc1965
#25re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:53pm

some of the rudest people at the stage doors are the fans! disclaimer: i am NOT a stage door person, but i have an out-of-town friend who is & sometimes i just wait w/ her so we can chat & catch up. she has been pushed, blocked, and all the other stuff that comes with the stage door experience.

as for performers, i thought it was a tad rude for vanessa redgrave to duck out the back door of the plymouth during long day's journey & let her costars deal w/ all the fans. i'm sure it was a pain for them as well, but they did it & usually w/ a smile.

Murder By Music at Dillons 9/9, 16, 23, 30 www.murderbymusic.com

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#26re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:54pm

When my friend went to the Hairspray stage door, his mom told MJW while she was signin that she had a long name.(joking) She looked up blankly at her and moved on to the next fan.

*Kristen*

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#27re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:57pm

Because what do you say to that???

'Thank you'????

I mean...really.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#28re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:58pm

When I went to "Long Day's Journey Into Night", Vanessa Redgrave did come out and walked straight to her car- but she was gracious enough to acknowledge all the people waiting for her, saying she doesn't give autographs but that she appreciates us waiting there...I appreciated that.
The rude person was actually Phillip Seymore Hoffman, who just rushed past all of us, ignoring everyone!

Edit: spelling.

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "
Updated On: 8/31/04 at 12:58 PM

ItSucks2BAveQ Profile Photo
ItSucks2BAveQ
#29re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:11pm

when my friend went to the stage door of Q, Stephanie D'Abruzzo pointed a gun at her and told her never to bother her again. Then J-Tart took charge down the street and threw his tighty whiteys are her face! EWWWW! gross!

RobbieJ-btw,
she could have laughed or something its kind of rude to just move on his mom was JOKING!

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#30re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:16pm

Lea Salonga after a performace of Flower Drum Song in LA. She was just not nice. She signed everything for the 5 people that were there, but she was very short and seemed frustrated when a poor girl in a wheelchair couldn't get her camera to work. I overheard her talking to friends after she signed everything and she was basically bitching and rolling her eyes.

I have heard, however, that is is generally very nice to fans....so maybe we got her on a bad day. Updated On: 8/31/04 at 01:16 PM

MadeofGold Profile Photo
MadeofGold
#31re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:18pm

That disappoints me, I like him...what was so bad about it?

I like him too NativeNewYorker so it was disappointing to me too. I was pretty young when it happened but there was a group of us all around the same age standing and waiting for him to come out. He literally pushed us out of the way, didn't stop or acknowledge us even though we were clearly there for him. re: rudest people at stage door I was crushed.

"... Still a little bit of your taste in my mouth. Still a little bit of you laced with my doubt. Still a little hard to say what's going on..." Damien Rice

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#32re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:22pm

I'm a little up in the air about Vanessa Redgrave. I got her autograph on a Playbill (along w/ the rest of the cast) after LDJ during previews. Later on in the run, I bought a window card, and wanted to get that signed, and she ducked out the back door. The time she did sign though, I must say she was very nice. She came out w/ a bag, dropped it off in her car, and signed for everyone, and seemed more than happy to be there, chatting w/ some students from Circle in the Square, etc. I'm now on a mission now to get that window card signed (well not a mission, but it sure would be nice to get it, so I could have the whole cast on it)

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

NBC
#33re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:41pm

I'm just stepping in to report a good experience with Jamie Lee Curtis...though this was awhile ago! And it wasn't at a stage door, it was in the shoe department of Camp Beverly Hills on Rodeo Drive, when she was very gracious and gave autographs to a group of teen-agers who bothered her as she was trying on shoes. (Well, I guess we waited until she was finished with that.) She even told the guy she was with (this was pre-Christopher Guest), who was telling her to hurry it up, to hold his horses (though I think her language was possibly a bit more colorful, though she said it jokingly) until she'd finished signing for us all.

I still have that Camp Beverly Hills bag somewhere...

"I cried during the Frug." - MC

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#34re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:46pm

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Idina Menzel yet. Slamming doors in people's faces, pushing people aside, etc. I don't really have a problem with anyone really being rude at stagedoors - they're people too, they're not being paid to be nice. It's just their personalities. I'm just mentioning, so don't jump on me saying how she has a long day, she's shy, she's tired. Everyone has reasons as to why they're pissy and grouchy, I know this.

You know it and you want it... you just can't believe you've got it.

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#35re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:47pm

MadeofGold, I'd be interested to know your Secret Garden experience with Patinkin. His fans will tell you that he spends a lot of time with them, signing and taking pictures. Perhaps he wasn't feeling well or had an appointment? I've rarely seen anyone as generous with his time with his fans and he usually even lets them into his dressing room to greet them when the weather is cold or rainy.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#36re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:53pm

Or perhaps he mistook her for Toni Collette.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

Fair 2 Middlin Profile Photo
Fair 2 Middlin
#37re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:01pm

Pissy & grouchy. Love that!

Re: The Hurley story, I laughed.
Re: Jamie Lee Curtis....
I was at the party with an actor, it was her, she was standing outside of the men's room, leaning against a pole, waiting for her husband. I wasn't gushing, nor was I looking for a conversation in my approach. A simple thank you maybe?

She was just f-ing nasty.

Soleil (my doggie & my icon) is an Affenpinscher.

Thank you so much Fair. You are such a "Bewitching" HUSSY! -(DAME 12/2)
Updated On: 8/31/04 at 02:01 PM

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#38re: rudest people at stage door

I'm surprised also that someone mentioned Hunter. He was so sweet when Emcee met him with some other friends of ours. They just stood around talking for a while with some other members of the cast and then I talked to him on the phone for like 5 minutes and he was really sweet and funny.

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#39re: rudest people at stage door

whooops..double post! Updated On: 8/31/04 at 02:01 PM

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#40re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:12pm

never had a bad xperience with any of the "famous" people ive met

susan sarandon was the BEST though. her lawyer's office was in the building i worked in and one day i ran into her in the elevator but i didnt say anything.

two days later she was in the building's foyer and i walked up to her and paid her a compliment on her performance in one of her very early movies. i guess she mustve been impressed that i even knew she made the film and talked to me for a good 20 minutes before giving me her autograph.

i will always treasure that...she's a CLASS ACT all the way. Updated On: 8/31/04 at 02:12 PM

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#41re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:14pm

Why does any actor or actress owe any fan anything except their best performance that night? Maybe they're tired after a long day, maybe they have some place to go, or maybe they just don't want to talk to you. Their job is to act, after that if they want to live their lives , good for them. Get over it.

Oh and I agree, the rudest people at the stage doors are some of the fans, especially the ones who go 10 or 20 times to the same show. Updated On: 8/31/04 at 02:14 PM

cmleidi
#42re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:17pm

I've been fortunate in that I've never encountered rude stars at the stage door. Of course, I've also never wanted autographs from stars who have a reputation for being unfriendly and rude. I've meet Patti Lupone twice, and she was gracious and friendly both times--the latest being after a performance of CAN-CAN. I also met Vanessa Redgrave and Joely Richardson when they did LADY WINDEMERE'S FAN in London, and they were both so wonderful. Both of them had such glowing skin, and I asked them about it, and they both used the same product, but I've forgotten what it was.

I will agree that the fans are often the rude ones at the stage door. I've been pushed out of the way. I've seen adults push little kids out of the way. It's absurd. I don't know how some of these stars can remain so gracious because I would be livid.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#43re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:19pm

I'm sorry, but who is Rick Lyon?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

NBRISBY Profile Photo
NBRISBY
#44re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:20pm

look it up

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#45re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:21pm

Rick Lyon is a really nice, really funny actor from Avenue Q. Gotta love him.

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#46re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:42pm

hmmm that's odd about Hunter Foster, he was absolutely lovely when I met him! Same with Rick Lyon!

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Updated On: 8/31/04 at 02:42 PM

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#47re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:44pm

Everybody has bad days. You can't judge people this way.

Re Jamie Lee Curtis, the negative reports could NOT be further from the truth. I worked on a movie with her a few years ago and we stayed in touch afterwards. She is the nicest, kindest, most down-to-earth lady one could ever hope to meet. Everyone who works with her loves her. If she was rude on one occasion, maybe she was having some problems - give her a break. Give them all a break!

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

Becky
#48re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:47pm

hmmm that's odd about Hunter Foster, he was absolutely lovely when I saw him!

I agree. I even dropped my camera (and the battery went flying out underneath a car as it hit the ground.) He crawled up under there to fetch the battery - then proceeded to put my camera back together for me. I was embarrassed as heck, but it was nice of him to even bother. I've only seen him a couple of times, but every time he's been friendly.

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#49re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:48pm

I agree South Fl Marc...the performers owe you nothing you haven't already gotten in the theater. Some are nice enough to give their time at the stage door and everyone has a day where they can't stay or are feeling ill...whatever...they are not obligated.

We in New York are spoiled by having this kind of access to performers. In L.A. they are insulated by limos and body guards...and more and more Broadway performers are becoming hesitant to give this kind of access because of wacko fans who are rude and/or become stalkers. It's hard to blame them. So...if you DO find yourself in a situation where you encounter a Broadway performer, try to remember that they are human too and that they have bad days and are entitled to their privacy...and be respectful.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

Videos