News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Who was or is a High School Thespian?- Page 2

Who was or is a High School Thespian?

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#25re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 5:52pm

I am! I was secretary for two years, but lost being president to a guy who deserved it less but was known more. Oh well, he is a friend...just a little bit bitter. But ITS is SUCH a great organization!

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#26re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 6:14pm

Proud member of Troupe 4729, Wilmette, Illinois!!!

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#27re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 6:19pm

Me!
I'm a FL Thespian!!!
LOVE IT!!! re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?

broadwayguy2
#28re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 6:21pm

when I was in school, we were not a llowed to call ourselves with "Thespian" in the name. The school administrators said that "thespian" was too similar to "lesbian".

WTF?!? My school was SOO screwed up.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#29re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 6:39pm

One of the troupe shirts I saw at State Comp. said this:
Mom...
Dad...
I'm a THESPIAN and proud of it!!! re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?

Actinggbugg474
#30re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 6:54pm

I'm a Thespian. Troupe 6312, Stockbridge GA! It's awesome!

TheAudrey3 Profile Photo
TheAudrey3
#31re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 7:00pm

I am, but I don't know what troupe number we are. And the drama department at my school has a rivalry with the choir department, so our slogans were.

ITS...a freaking honor society
ITS...all about the drama
and finally
ITS...better than choir

"It does what a musical's supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue."

ShiksaGoddess2 Profile Photo
ShiksaGoddess2
#32re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 7:07pm

Hey broadwaystar2b did you go to state this year??? Yay Fl Thespains!

"Rap stars will love me..... I get me a posse and shit, aiite."

brandonm
#33re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 7:08pm

what's a thespian?

"Let the little girl go, and that poor little dog? Dodo." That's my favorite line in the whole show (Wicked). My next favorite line is "Oh! It seems the artichoke is steamed."

lostwallflower Profile Photo
lostwallflower
#34re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 9:30pm

I will be shortly- as soon as the thespian sponsor gets the paperwork together. And Heather- no one at WHS knows the number. For a few years now they've been out of the habit. But this year we're insisting we get our cords.

"I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber. Please don't take me to the pickle farm."- Brak

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#35re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 9:34pm

Brandonm: The International Thespian Society is basically a theater honor society that you can join by participating in a certain number of shows and related events at your school. Everything has a certain amount of points assigned to it and when you've earned, I think, 10 points you are invited to join.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

#36re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 9:43pm

I actually just talked about this to my drama teacher/advisor and how we should start one at our school, but she isn't sure many people at my school would appreciate something like that and be willing to go through an initiation and such. But, apparently she has some stuff planned. so if they're good i'll let you all know what they are.

Jess1483
#37re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 9:54pm

I think the requirements are different at different schools. Mine was 100 hours of theater stuff, acting or tech. It was 150 one year too, 'cause we went to longer rehearsal times. The other high school was pretty much anyone who wanted to be, so it varies.

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#38re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 9:57pm

Actually, now that I think about it, we changed our requirement to 20 points and being heavily involved in at least two shows in a given year. We had to change it because way too many people were getting in just by seeing shows.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Galinda918 Profile Photo
Galinda918
#39re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/24/04 at 2:20am

4566 from Tri-School theatre in CA!
was anyone at International festival 2 years ago? we performed on Main stage with "Joyful Noise: Sentimental Journey"

Sunfish
#40re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/24/04 at 2:27am

Good lord, I haven't thought about that in years! But yes, I was a member. And it was very meaningful at the time!!

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#41re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/24/04 at 2:36am

My high school drama teacher wouldn't let us do Thespians. He had this whole speeach about how it was all about the competitions and theater shouldn't be about competitions. It sucked cause we were the only school in the city not to have any sort of Thespians thing.

Waylon
#42re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/24/04 at 10:06am

My High School wouldn't be apart of the group. Our director thought it was way too political. However...I was aslo in Alpha Psi Omega at Valparaiso University!

watchME
#43re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/24/04 at 12:09pm

I am! Troupe 4630, out of Ashland, Oregon...
Anyone do well in the competitions?
I won regionals two years ago, and "finaled" last year...
but, people take it SO seriously..and the funny thing is:
these high school "acting competitions" aren't going to matter at all AFTER high school...know what I mean?

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#44re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/24/04 at 5:18pm

I was Thespian president of troupe 6003 in Murfreesboro, TN

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

musicalmjk Profile Photo
musicalmjk
#45re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/24/04 at 9:14pm

I was the ever important secretary, of troupe 4328 my senior year.

need to defrag my brain.

Jess1483
#46re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/24/04 at 9:17pm

I was the historian of my troupe. I had to do the scrapbook, it was intense. And being me, I procrastinated and had to scrapbook four shows, a dance, a trip to NYC and other random things, all in one night.

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

DestinyBeckoned Profile Photo
DestinyBeckoned
#47re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/24/04 at 9:32pm

I'm in troupe #1408 (at least I think thats the number). We had a really fun initiation with fun filled themes for the week such as:
prop day (i carried 10 pounds of potatoes everywhere)
superhero day (i was disco girl)
crazy day (I dressed in a black and red themed outfit with antennae, warpaint, and spandex pants)

It was a really fun time. And then we had to obey the other thespians. My favorite thing they made me do was walk around the cafeteria buzzing and stinging people with my bum.

HROK?

barts Profile Photo
barts
#48re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 3:49pm

I was and still proudly carry my card in my wallet (it's gotten pretty mashed by now). That's why I got so excited about this new book I read called How I Paid for College by Marc Acito. It's all about high school thespians and how much fun they have. Those were the best times of my life and I laughed out loud many times as I read it remembering how wonderful it was to be young and in the theater.

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#49re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/26/04 at 3:55pm

I was.

Videos