pixeltracker

Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable- Page 2

Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable

insomniak
#25re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/27/04 at 7:07pm

I think Q is funny, but most of the tunes are motonous and somewhat forgettable except for 'There's a fine, fine line'

My Wicked List: No One Mourns the Wicked, What is this feeling, Defying Gravity, Thank Goodness, No Good Deed, For Good, Finale.

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#26re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/27/04 at 7:27pm

YAGMCB: "Happiness." I really can't stand the rest of the songs. And whoever played Lucy really doesn't help. Eeurgh.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

BJC899
#27re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/27/04 at 7:30pm

For lucy, it's a have to be there character. It's great and hysterical in person (I saw the revival). and she can sing, but the character is represented by a character that can't sing (and has been represented like that at all the community theaters productions)

"Into the woods "theme"-Into the woods.
After I saw the revival I couldn't remember ANY of the songs except that tune when they sing "Into the woods" Now that i have a respect (and obsession) with the show I can recite the whole show! re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable

"Elaborate Lives"-Aida
I couldn't remember anything but that song, well except in "Every Story is a love story" that when it turns pop it scared the crap out of me. but now I'm obsessed and know every song by heart (why does it always turn out like that for me?) Updated On: 9/27/04 at 07:30 PM

lostwallflower Profile Photo
lostwallflower
#28re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/27/04 at 7:33pm

Fiorello has a few good songs (On This Side of The Angels, among them) and yet so many I can't stand (Gentleman Jimmy, When Did I Fall in Love?, Unfair, The Bum Won,...)

"I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber. Please don't take me to the pickle farm."- Brak

Twilight Profile Photo
Twilight
#29re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/27/04 at 7:36pm

Shadowland- The Lion King. Those songs just don't do a whole lot for me. I mean, the voices and the harmonies are beautiful, but the songs themselves just don't set my knees a quiver, if you know what I mean. But then again, I havn't seen it live (yet) so maybe its different.

I can't control my destiny. I trust my soul my only goal is just to be

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#30re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/27/04 at 7:42pm

Forget About the Boy- Millie
Shadowland- Lion King
Your Eyes & One Song Glory- RENT
When You Got It/ Flaunt It- Producers
Close Every Door- Joseph (is that name of the song?) Updated On: 9/27/04 at 07:42 PM

itstheM Profile Photo
itstheM
#31re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/27/04 at 7:51pm

Shakalaka Baby - Bombay Dreams
42nd Street and Lullaby of Broadway - 42nd Street

Baby, dream your dream Close your eyes and try it!

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#32re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/27/04 at 8:12pm

How Could I Ever Know - The Secret Garden

There was much beautiful music, but this song was the only one that really stayed with me. I should get the recording. Luker, Patinkin, Heaven.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#33re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:04pm

Doody's Song in Grease
Old Devil Moon- Finians Rainbow
Memory- Cats
King of old Broadway- Producers

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#34re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/27/04 at 10:55pm

my strongest suit- aida
impossible dream- man of la mancha

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#35re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/28/04 at 10:04pm

Jesus Christ Superstar - title song and I Dont Know How to Love Him
Wicked-Popular, What is theis Feeling, Defying Gravity

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#36re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/28/04 at 10:52pm

THE FANTASTICS, "Try to Remeber"

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#37re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 9/28/04 at 10:58pm

"You think Chenoweth is the annoying one on the YAGMCB CD? The actress who played Lucy was unbelievable on her high notes, and not in a good way. I got used to it after about 5 listens, but my goodness. "Irritating" doesn't even begin to describe it."

Well yea, that woman annoys me more than Cheno, its just that I dont know of any other show she has been increadibly annoying in. I've never heard her really truly TRY to sound good. With Cheno's voice its a love/hate thing for me, and I wont judge 'Lucy' until I have heard her actual singing voice.

#38re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 10/1/04 at 10:22pm

I agree with Matt_G that Movie in My Mind is the standout song from MIS S SAIGON. It's actually an incredibly strong score . Another good one is Why God , which by the way sounds a lot like There's a Small Hotel by Rodgers and Hart.

Talking of which , I have never really liked Carousel that much. That waltz tune is sickly and a lot of the songs are over -jolly and franky superfluous - June is Bustin' out all over - so what? So why is it considered an all time great? Because of one,maybe two songs, If I Loved You and Soliloquy. It can't be the book which is sentimental melodrama. South Pacific - now there's greatness.

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#39re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:03am

Aida-The Gods Love Nubia
L5Y's-Whatever song it is she sings in the audition sequence.

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

WOSQ
#40re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
Posted: 10/4/04 at 9:44am

The sun'll come out tomorrow...

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

Videos