pixeltracker

LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA....WTF???!- Page 2

LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA....WTF???!

broadwayguy2
#25re: LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/28/04 at 10:13pm

um.. how obnoxious are you??? jenna has a LONG musical theatre history and I have no doubt thats he could belt rings around you.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#26re: LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/28/04 at 10:29pm

yes Jenna ia a great actress and great singer
but she is an even better Person

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#27re: LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/28/04 at 10:32pm

I agree with the rest. Jenna was great in "Bare" and I think she'd be great in "Wicked," although I'm afraid Nessa won't really show off her talents too too much. I'd love to see her take on Elphaba, but that's just me and my fascination with understudies. Heh.

~Steven

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#28re: LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 12:11am

Congrads to jenna i love her voice!

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#29re: LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 12:22am

if they took the "we deserve wach other" melody from whatever that silly song is called, and made it into a full number for nessa, I'd actually consider seeing the show for jenna's rendition. she's got some great pipes on her, and she sings difficult music as effortlessly as she walks. unfortunately they've cast her in a role where she won't be using any of these skills. score another one for the Wicked casting people!

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#30LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 1:13am

Jenna's belt at the end of "All Grown Up" alone could of gotten her Nessa! :) I cant wait to catch the show in Chicago!

Mimi Imfurst
#31LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 2:01am

Jenna is soo excited to be doing the part. She's going to be amazing. Everytime i catch Sabrina, I dont see her on it.... She's so much more talented than the likes of Sabrina anyhow. I think she'd even be a great elphaba! (isnt she understudying?)

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

broadwayguy2
#32LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 2:07am

yes, she IS covering Elphaba.

broadway_star_tomorrow Profile Photo
broadway_star_tomorrow
#33LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:03am

she's awesome. and i think hearing her sing "wicked witch of the east" will be worth the price of admission alone.

AKA Idina Pashmina

Type_A_Tiff: There's nothing hard about her. Broadway_star_tomorrow: Yeah. Her arteries.

Dulcinea Profile Photo
Dulcinea
#34LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:19am

Plum:

"That Lady from Murder She Wrote?" Stick to their own medium? For your information Angela Lansbury started out in theatre LONG before Murder she Wrote. She was also the original Mame in the musical of Broadway. Many of her theatre fans were shocked when she accepted a murder mystery show.

As far as "frasier" I agree that he should stick to TV or less. Jason Alexander (though I don't personally care for him) also started out in theatre.

www.GreatestStar.blogspot.com

Dulcinea Profile Photo
Dulcinea
#35LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:21am

Okay I just realized that you were being sarcastic, my apologies for jumping to anignorant conclusion. :o)

www.GreatestStar.blogspot.com

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#36LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:26am

I realized Plum was joking...but when I first read the title of this thread I almost killed myself. Come one, don't post stupid things without knowing anything about the performer. Her performance in BARE was one of the best things I've ever seen in my entire life, and was better than most actresses on Broadway last season, which goes to show you how screwed up Broadway is. She's fantastic.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

LoringsGuy
#37LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 3:27pm

I just watched Jenna this past weekend on the Standing Ovations 2 DVD, singing "The Boy Next Door," and a song from BARE with Michael Arden. She was phenomenal, and I think will be terrific as Nessa. Would be interesting to see her play opposite Idina, as Jenna's fuller, rounder features would be a nice foil for the more angular Idina.

"Word of advice: Be who you are, wear what you want---just learn how to run real fast." Marc, UGLY BETTY

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#38LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 3:30pm

Hey...watch it. I think the cast selection is very interesting and I am waiting for more tour dates!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#39LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:27pm

She's understudying Elphaba, too?

Jess1483
#40LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:35pm

She's understudying Elphaba, too?

Yes

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

BEKA531
#41LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:42pm

she seems great for the part. i hope she does well.

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#42LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:46pm

Why do I find this post hilarious?? Because so many of the people here who have leapt to defend the honor of Ms. Green (who in truth needs no defending...quite a talent) are some of the same folks who 'decry' stunt casting when other casting announcements are made.

Hypocrisy...it's all the rage with the kids!

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

JoizeyActor
#43LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:51pm

..."but the planet spins, and the world goes 'round and 'round."

demonbarber23
#44LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:51pm

i downloaded a song from Bare-All Grown Up. I don't know much about the show but i am almost quite certain that the character Ivy sings it...is this Libby from sabrina? because if so she is AMAZINGGGGG omg wow

~demony
the barber

Jess1483
#45LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:53pm

robbie--I don't think you're referring to me, but regardless, this is my stand on stunt casting (for what it's worth.) I don't like when people are cast because of their name. If they have the talent to play the part, then more power to 'em. But when songs or dances have to be changed to accomodate an actor, or they just can't do the part, that's when it gets to me. I think Jenna will be fabulous in the part, and (I hate to bring it up, we don't need to start a huge discussion on this) I think Drew is doing a pretty good job in Rent. Scary Spice, on the other hand, is what I consider the really bad part of stunt casting.
Either way, I'm sure Jenna will be great and I wish I could see her.
I think most people would agree with that kind of interpretation of stunt casting. I don't actually consider Jenna being cast "stunt casting," her name's not big enough to make a difference, and the show certainly doesn't need it.

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

Jess1483
#46LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:56pm

demonbarber--yes, that's Jenna

demonbarber23
#47LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 4:59pm

COOLNESS! i heart her

JoizeyActor
#48LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 5:02pm

I would barely even consider this stunt casting. 'Jenna Leigh Green' is not a name that people will flock to. Especially if she's playing the part of Nessa.

FabalaCohen
#49LIBBY FROM SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH AS NESSA
Posted: 11/29/04 at 5:06pm

I don't think this is stunt casting as well. It wasn't until I saw "Libby from Sabrina" when I made the connection with the name (I knew I knew her from somewhere other than B'way...)

'Sides, Sabrina's been off the air for how long now? Or how long has been from the days when it was hugely popular?

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)
Updated On: 11/29/04 at 05:06 PM

Videos