pixeltracker

What is going on with LA "WICKED" Leads?- Page 2

What is going on with LA "WICKED" Leads?

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#25re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:35am

Well, I paid full price and had fourth row seats...I had to pay alot to get them...full price +....so now I have other full price tickets for the 21st but I want to do the lotto for others.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

#26re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 10:29am

Kendras voice is realy good, but the only thing i don't like about her is she plays like a dumb blonde throughout the entire show. Katie plays a kind of ditzy Glinda during the first act but during the second act she's a little more serious and mature.

LilMiZBroADwaY23
#27re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 10:41am

I saw Katie Adams in Chicago instead of Kendra. I must say, she was quite a wonderful G(a)linda. She had a beautiful upper register and I'm starting to wonder if she should rather be in Opera. But I thought she was wonderful, a little Cheno karaoke but hey. I never saw Cheno so it was nice.

I would hope for Katie.

bella cantato
#28re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 12:06pm

I don't understand. I am sure that there is someone out there who is a top notch singer AND comedic actress. There are so many beautiful and talented women out there... why on earth do they settle so often??

"You know, a little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire, so I supressed the urge to laugh in her face. But now, by gum, I think she might have been on to something!" --Reefer Madness

PleaseChangeMe
#29re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 12:18pm

VonTussleGirl, I love your avatar! re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?

And when I went, I had the full cast, no understudies. Then again, it was opening night...

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#30re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 12:22pm

Well having seen the original cast last year in New York, I have decided not to worry about who will be in or out of the show when it gets to Denver. The good thing is that the 19 people who are going with me the night I see it have never seen the show. So eveyone will be new to them. Only some have heard the music.

Just give the world Love.

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#31re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:26pm

Has anyone seen Adam Lambert go on as Fiyero?

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#32re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:03pm

I saw Emily go on as G(a)linda and I thought she was great --- not as good as Jennifer Laura Thompson or Kristen Chenoweth -- but still really good. Stephanie was very strong, but I thought she rushed through the lyrics of Wizard and I and did not hold the end notes in Defying Gravity like Idina. Stephanie's No Good Deed was amaxing. Her acting was also great.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe
Updated On: 7/5/05 at 03:03 PM

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#33re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:55pm

Sorry to thread jack, but this question doesn't deserve its own thread...

What is the running time of the WICKED original cast recording?

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#34re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:57pm

Dame, after reading all these posts, this really seems outrageous. How often are the two leads actually performing TOGETHER? Does anyone know?

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#35re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 5:07pm

Not sure re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads? It seems as if Kendra is never there and Stephanie is out for at least one of the performances on 2 show days. I've seen Steph each time but have caught Kendra just once, and I've been 4 times already!

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#36re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 5:16pm

When the tour was in Chicago I saw Kendra 3 times and Emily once. I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer Kendra. Emily was a little...restrained and did not have as good of a voice. I know the one time that we saw Emily (which was a week before they left for LA), someone asked why Kendra wasn't there and someone said that something was going on with her throat...I don't know if that has anything to do with her missing a lot in LA.

kombatkoala
#37re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 11:50pm

I somehow saw both Stephanie and Kendra. I think if you go at the beginning of the week, you have a better chance of seeing both of them.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#38re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 12:15am

In Theory, the understudies go on less on a tour than Broadway, cause there is nothing to do in a "tour" city, but we Are talkin Chicago and LA, right?
These two roles are difficult, but so are Dolly Levi and Edna Turnball, and Carol never missed and Harve missed, One and a Half during the run? (and they were both several years older than any Elphie or Galinda
Stephenie must have really been hurt in Toronto, but if she can't do 8 a week, get someone who can(sorry if that is harsh)
and the fact that the producers allowed her to continue on a 6 show week must be insulting to Kendra, who is now missing alot.
This is not mean't to be mean, just facts.
and the fact that Eden E is doing the SF leg should tell you something, I know actreeses are fragile creatures but there are People out there who would die for these roless 8 times a week'
That said Jenna Leigh is Terrific and u are not missing anything if you see her, I can't talk about the other understudies.
Again I don't mean to be mean or Green, just state what i think.
Feel free to argue my thoughts or my syntax and speeling
Updated On: 7/6/05 at 12:15 AM

superstarjpp Profile Photo
superstarjpp
#39re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 12:22am

Yeah when I went I got Maria and Kendra, who played off each other really well. I'm kinda glad I saw Maria and not Stephanie, Maria was more subtle and she hit every note dead on. And Kendra was hilarious, her singing was alright but I was satisfied in the end. Don't be disappointed no matter who you get, Wicked is Wicked

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#40re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 12:38am

I love how some people assume they know exactly what's going on with the performers and can judge if their absence is "acceptable" or not. Give them a break! You don't know what is REALLY going on, do you? This is what they have worked all their lives to do, don't you think they'd do it if they could? There is obviously some really good reason for them to be missing when they do - and the understudies are great - so why complain?

sassypanz
#41re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 1:42am

All the understudies are usually better than the regular leads.

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#42re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 2:38am

While I'm sure the understudies are fine, it is naturally disappointing to spend hundreds of dollars on tickets knowing that performer x is going to be in the show and you show up and there's an understudy; yes of course it HAPPENS, but especially with someone like Stephanie who is somewhat of a name, people could definitely feel cheated.

(on a sidenote, I do think it's very odd that Kendra would be out as least as much as Stephanie...in reality Glinda is a less demanding role, and she has not reported any injury. But hey, whatev. I didn't buy 100 dollar seats.)

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

katscar
#43re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 2:51am

When I saw it in LA late last month, I caught Kendra, but not Stephanie. I would've much rather seen the Glinda understudy. Ironically, though, compared to what I've read here, I thought Kendra hit the notes okay, but I couldn't stand her acting. I couldn't find any charm in her G(a)linda. I loved G(a)linda when I saw Wicked on Broadway, but couldn't stand her in this performance.

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#44re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 2:53am

I understand that performers may have problems/commitments which prevent them from appearing, but Kendra Kassebaum got the role of a lifetime (at least so far) as Glinda, and I'd like to know why she's missed so much. Is a replacement on the horizon? And what's with Eden playing Elphaba in SF? Did I miss something?

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#45re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 2:53am

I'm flying to SF just to see Eden Espinosa. Eden Espinosa inspires me like no other.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#46re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 2:59am

So Stephanie is leaving the tour?

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#47re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 3:00am

Just for SF

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#48re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 3:01am

I don't know if that's been announced officially yet...

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#49re: What is going on with LA 'WICKED' Leads?
Posted: 7/6/05 at 3:02am

How very odd. I hadn't heard that. Interesting to see if that turns out to be true, since it hasn't been officially announced.

Gives Eden something to do while she recovers from Brooklyn's closing, certainly.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

Videos