News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Producers Trailer Here, Seriously- Page 2

Producers Trailer Here, Seriously

show2n2 Profile Photo
show2n2
#25karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:00pm

i did. :)

Plum
#26karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:02pm

I'm with Atrias.

Mythus
#27karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:02pm

I love EVERYTHING about it.

...Except Carmen's hair. Ew.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#28karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:03pm

WOW I CANNOT WAIT! This looks incredible! Such a great show, such a great trailer, hopefully a great movie!

Yankeefan007
#29karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:09pm

anyone think that Deutsche Band sounds really tinny?

Chrysanthemum62001
#30karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:13pm

Oh wow! I can not wait!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#31karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:14pm

I'm thinking the quality of everything - graininess, more-saturated color, etc. will be much better when it finally appears on the Universal pictures site.

So, where's bustinloose? Or has he passed out! karen

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

Dean_Hyde
#32karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:22pm

Great Trailer!.

QuiteSo Profile Photo
QuiteSo
#33karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:29pm

My soul cries for Roger (Bart)'s hair. WHAT DID THEY DO TO IT????? It's worse than what they did to his head in The Stepford Wives >.<.

Otherwise, I'm so very very excited and I can't wait! I have such faith in Mel, it's a little sickening....

Merrily we roll along, roll along...

lamentingenvelope Profile Photo
lamentingenvelope
#34karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:29pm

Wow. So excited!!

TennesseeTwang
#35karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:33pm

As much as you can actually tell from a trailer, it looks to be very faithful to the stage show.

And despite being one of those people who has never been overly impressed by Uma's looks, I have to say that here, she looks great.
Updated On: 9/20/05 at 07:33 PM

marvin2 Profile Photo
marvin2
#36karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:34pm

Hahahaha! LOVED the part where the audience members' mouths just drop open!

Avatar (C) Gregory Jbara, used with permission. Visit his web site at www.gregoryjbara.com! Click here!

Liz_Bennet Profile Photo
Liz_Bennet
#37karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:37pm

I like it. It's retro in all the right ways. And I like that they actually mentioned Stro at the end. Not that she's that famous, but I was afraid that it was going be pitched as if Mel directed the movie.

"WHEN is the winter of our discontent?" "NOW is the winter of our discontent!" Visit My Blog

ProducersFan
#38karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:40pm

Oh, I meant like features as in a segment where he's "featured" or at least gets to speak. karen

And I'm saddened that there is no spikeness to be found in his hair... karen

~Jessica

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#39karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:40pm

Hate Will Ferrett - but I can't wait to see this movie - the trailer looks fantastic!

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

nychick9876 Profile Photo
nychick9876
#40karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:42pm

oh i'm so excited to see this. its about time though. oh it looks amazing!! and the music gave me chills! so excited!

sometimes i think my head is so big because it is so full of dreams- the elephant man

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#41karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:43pm

"Now Ulla dance!"

I can't wait

Plum
#42karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:43pm

Sadly, it took this long for the trailer to download for me. And yes, the cheesy wipes and sight gags are just right for this material. What a fun trailer- the reaction shot to Roger DeBris' entrance is priceless.

cabarethed
#43karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:44pm

All I have to say is eeeee!!! FINALLY! I love what I've seen, with the exception of dear Roger's hair. I also love how the film isn't digital quality-- I don't know the technical terms to describe it, but it just seems to be a different size to give the film an older appearance. I think Will Ferrell is perfect for Liebkind. And I'm so thrilled to see they left in That Face.

littlechap2 Profile Photo
littlechap2
#44karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 7:50pm

This truly is fantastic. Absolutely worth the wait.

I think that Roger's hair is great. You have to admit that he plays one of the stranger characters in the film, and this will only add to his weirdness. Besides, the spikey hair wasn't period (not that I didn't like it).

I have to disagree with many of you on Will. I think he was meant to play the part, and will be terrific. I love the shot of him from above, where he is looking into the camera as it comes toward him. Perfect!!

"I sang it because I'm your friend."

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#45karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 8:09pm

karen

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#46karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 8:09pm

Interesting how well received the trailer is here. People are ripping this up over at Oscarwatch.

My thoughts...

If they were going for a 1950s look, then it would have been appropriate to shoot the film in black and white and then dye it according to Natalie Kalmus's guide. This cinematography just makes the film look like it was made in 1990.

Qualms about the cinematography aside, I think the dancing looks amazing and some of the jokes are more amusing to me than they were on stage (though the stuff about the gay, cross-dressing director remains dated and lame).

Nathan Lane has yet to be convincing to me as a man getting a hard-on over a buxom European babe.

Jon
#47karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 8:12pm

Roger Bart's hair and beard is meant to resemble the look of the actor in the original film.

Did you catch Jai Rodriguez as Sabu?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#48karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 8:15pm

Oh Evelyn, we all know you rather see the RENT movie.

But anyway this excites me SOOOOO much more than the RENT movie.

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#49karen
Posted: 9/20/05 at 8:17pm

Yeah, my interest in the Rent movie is greater. No doubt about that. But I still plan to see The Producers opening day and a second time after that if the dancing is good enough.

Let me just add...

This film probably has nothing on RENT as far as sound quality and cinematography goes! I'm happy about that. If Rent is a great film (and that's still a big if), I want it to be more successful than The Producers with guild awards. Bias not concealed. karen

Videos