LSOH on Family Guy

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#25re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 11/21/05 at 12:20am

i loved it! the show always makes bway references. Hehe i was watching with my boyfriend and i was like little shop and he was like what! oh man gotta love that show.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

DancNdaMoonlite Profile Photo
DancNdaMoonlite
#26re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 11/21/05 at 12:25am

I just saw it!

LOLOLOLOL

I love family guy.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#27re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 11/21/05 at 7:58am

So awesome -- as the music started I thought "Wow, this sounds familiar...." then the shot of Chris mowing the lawn and "They are not...." sure enough - creepy old guy in the Ellen Greene dress and everything, but my favorite shot was "The kids play Howdy Doody..." and Chris shakes his head as he closes the door -- so funny!

Family Guy is awesome!

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#28re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/1/05 at 11:51pm

Its on right now on cartoon network!!

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#29re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/2/05 at 12:12am

i watched it and just went "holy crap how did they get away with doing it shot for shot?"

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#30re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/2/05 at 12:43am

Was gonna post it...but decided against it. Didn't think everyone shared my stupid Family Guy love!

This is my signature.

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#31re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/2/05 at 12:53am

I love when they do the extended musical sequences. They're never even THAT funny because often they're pretty close to the original song rather than parodies, and nobody gets them except for us theater folk. Yet these jokes appear very frequently and they're always long jokes. It's like the people over at Family Guy are saying "F*CK you neanderthal America. We love theater, we love showtunes, and we'll put as many damn showtunes in our episodes as we want!"

yr ronin,
joey

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#32re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/2/05 at 1:36am

I squealed. So wrong, but so funny...
God, I love Seth MacFarlane...and that sexy voice of his...

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

buddhaismymom Profile Photo
buddhaismymom
#33re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/2/05 at 2:17am

The life of the wife was ended by the knife...

"we're actors- we're the opposite of people" -Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

MyMeredithMonster Profile Photo
MyMeredithMonster
#34re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/2/05 at 3:05am

Wow, just... wow.

"Yeah, Clarissa, explain it all."

dano Profile Photo
dano
#35re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/2/05 at 9:42am

It. Was. Hilarious.

"Singing is the lowest form of communication" - Homer

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#36re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/3/05 at 1:48pm

That wasn't the first LSOH reference on Family Guy. Last season, Chris had a pimple that spoke to him in an "Audrey II" voice demanding that Chris "feed me" as he "persuaded" Chris to get into "mischief."

And, the old pedophile was in that episode as well...

Family Guy is one of the funniest friggin shows on TV

Jim

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#37re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/3/05 at 4:43pm

I unfortunately missed this episode, but will probably see it replayed on [adult swim].

Nevertheless, yes, (referring to above) I have any of you seen the OTHER homage to LSOH... Chris ends up getting a huge zit on his face that talks and looks like Audrey II, and persuades him to do bad things out in the night.

I totally love "Family Guy" and "Southpark" in that they both pay great dues to musical theatre, in their own quirky and "let's-appreciate-it-but-making-fun-of-it" way. Good times.

Anyone seen the Family Guy Movie? "I was just lookin' for the paper boy... with his big arms. You get your fat ass back here!" God, I love the old pedo! hahahahaha (gross)
Updated On: 12/3/05 at 04:43 PM

#38re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/3/05 at 5:57pm

I just viewed it the other day when it was on and I am mad at that joke making Audrey a guy. I hate Family Guy now!

eatlasagna
#39re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/3/05 at 6:40pm

is this episode on the DVD that was just released because i just bought it and now i really want to see the episode? and what was the episode about?

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#40re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/3/05 at 6:47pm

Angelofmusik - Lighten up, would ya? It was a spoof...

eatlasagna - the new DVD has the pimple doing the Audrey II impression. The "Somewhere thats green" just re-aired on Comedy Central on Thursday night. It really was one of the funniest parodies they've done, particularly if you knew the movie/show.

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#41re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/3/05 at 7:02pm

What was the name of the episode?

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#42re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/3/05 at 10:35pm

speaking of family guy, did anyone get the kirk cameron in les mis joke beacause i sure as hell didnt and i need some explanation.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#43re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/3/05 at 10:41pm

Not sure what you need explanation on... Kirk Cameron was the star of a lame-ass 80's sit com called "Growing Pains" (ABC's version of "Family Ties") and Cameron hasn't had a job since... until he was filling in on Les Miz.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#44re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/3/05 at 10:50pm

i knew he was on growing pains. he wasnt actually in les mis though right?

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Zenachick
#45re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/3/05 at 11:16pm

They also did an amazing Sound of Music parody. I love how they got the exact blocking down. My brother only appreciates the Indiana Jones parodies, but the musicals are pretty clever. And only true theater people really appreciate the accuracy

Swiftynifty15
#46re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:34am

Didn't Peter once say something on the show like, "If You Want To See A Bad Play, Go See Rent." LOL.

MLE Profile Photo
MLE
#47re: LSOH on Family Guy
Posted: 12/4/05 at 1:50am

Yes, he did say something like that.

I love Family Guy (that comment aside re: LSOH on Family Guy). It's hilarious and full of musical theatre references...what more could you want?

I just about died during the Somewhere That's Green take off!!

Videos