pixeltracker

color purple bathrooms at intermission- Page 2

color purple bathrooms at intermission

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#25re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:21pm

they really should have two bathrooms. I remember nothing bothered me more then the line out to guam in the Gershwin and the guys were just walking in and out.

Chrysanthemum62001
#26re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:22pm

I'm surprised Urinetown hasn't been mentioned!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

DamnYankees101
#27re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:27pm

Hey now don't make fun of the bathrooms. They are the best place to run to while watching bad shows. Unless you just put up with the show. Unless you throw yourself off the balcony seating. Unless you...I won't go on.

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#28re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:28pm

I'm shocked that the Vivian Beaumont hasn't been brought up yet! I personally didn't go in them (Like I would!) but when me and my dad saw THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA in August, he said that they only had two cubicles. Now THAT'S complete and utter inconvenience. I waited forever for him to get out of there while waiting to enter the auditorium.

This adds to the long list of why old theatres are so terrible. Cramped legroom, rude ushers, now this. Is beauty the only redeeming quality in these theatres?

And I'm repeating the OT question I seconded with DramaDork925 in asking: What was the "Love, Carla" thing all about???

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

Jon
#29re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 1:46pm

The last time I was at the Gershwin, I used the men's room in the mezzanine, and noticed something disturbing. The stalls have this highly reflective black ceramic tile on the back wall. There is enough space between the back wall and the side partition that you can actually see the relection of the person in the stall next to you. Some folks may be into this, but not me.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#30re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 1:48pm

Uh huh--how did you see this if you weren't LOOKIN'! re: color purple bathrooms at intermission

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#31re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 1:50pm

I'd like to add that the bathrooms at the music box were lovely, impeccably clean, and void of people...just like the theater...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#32re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 2:21pm

I'm calling bluff on this poster...

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#33re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 2:29pm

I'd like to add that the bathrooms at the music box were lovely, impeccably clean...

That is because all the crap is on stage.

PEACE.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#34re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 2:49pm

Oh, sueleen, you are in RARE FORM!

YankeesFan175
#35re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 4:09pm

i was in toronto for the lion king back in 2002 at the princess of whales theatre. the bathrooms there were AMAZING from what i remember. there were these really cool sinks where the water would come out of this winding pipe that hung over one giant sink that stretched from wall to wall. i remember loving that whole theater!

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#36re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 12/4/05 at 4:24pm

I saw the Color Purple last week and after a few minutes of intermission, they said that they were going to clear out the mens bathroom for the women to use.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#37re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 7:19am

OK. A few things. The Color Purple men's bathroom has like 45 urinals in it! I would say it has the most of any Broadway theater.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the bathrooms at the Public. They have that bathroom attendant with a sign up saying this is his only form of income, so then I'm forced to dish out cash when I use the bathroom. Urinetown, anyone? I understand it's called the "Public", but for restroom purposes, can't it be called the Private?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 2/25/06 at 07:19 AM

Dollypop
#38re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 8:04am

The newer theaters seem to have better toilet facilities, but the older theaters are horrid in that respect. I often wonder if people ever went to the bathroom in the 30's and 40's. I'm SURE they didn't go during intermission.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#39re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 8:08am

So I guess if you were a man & had to go, tough.I realize the situation here but imagine if the reverse were done. I regularly see women walking into the mens room but imagine if the reverse happened.

I think we can all agree that the restroom is one place either sex should have some privacy. Clearing out the mens room sends a signal that if you are a male, tough & if you have to go that is your problem

The other option is making all bathrooms everywhere unisex & every man or woman for themselves. First come first served as they say

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 2/25/06 at 08:08 AM

ProducersFan
#40re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 10:21am

I like the women's bathroom at the Vivian Beaumont. Lots of stalls and very clean. Really nice workers too.

The Marquis just annoys me because it's hit or miss with those bathrooms. They're my favorite in New York, and I like to use them when I first get into the city (after being on the bus for 3 hours). But you never know if they'll be locked.

Has anyone been to the ones at the Brooks Atkinson? They're just plain amusing, as to how they're laid out. Had to have someone directing us as to which stall to go into, since it was so cramped in there.

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#41re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 10:33am

I personally can't contribute. I use the bathroom before I leave for a show (in the restaurant, at home). But yeah, those lines are ridiculous.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#42re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 10:45am

..while waiting in line for the restroom at the Gershwin, with my butch lesbian friend, an elderly woman came up and started yelling at my friend that boys could not use the ladies room. She was very upset that my friend was even trying to use the "wrong" restroom. My friend politely told her that she was in fact female, and the woman finally wandered off, not full convinced!
Yikes!

Updated On: 7/17/06 at 10:45 AM

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#43re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 10:53am

Here's a helpful hint: when attending the Marquis, skip the restrooms on the theatre level and head up the escalator to the meeting room levels or the lobby. There's never a wait up there.

In fact, the Marriott restrooms can be handy when attending shows at the Shubert, Booth, and the Music Box as well

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'

Stage Addict Profile Photo
Stage Addict
#44re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 11:07am

Although this sounds pathetic, while I was standing at the end of the line for bathrooms at the Gershwin I thought to myself "wow I wish someone had mentioned this in all the numerous discussions about the show on BWW." If I had known there were like...3 stalls, I would have ran as soon as the lights went up!

"If you're a writer or a painter, you write or paint whenever you want to. But we have to do this task at a precise moment. At three minutes past eight, the curtain goes up, and you've got to pretend to believe, because no one else will believe you unless you believe it yourself. A great deal of our work is simply making ourselves dream. That is the task. At three minutes past eight,YOU MUST DREAM."

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#45re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 11:15am

PM me if you want an explanation about Carla.

And yeah, I think the Hirsch has the best bathroom situation. There's about twenty stalls.

Jon
#46re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 11:20am

Speaking of the bathrooms at the Public -

Years ago, I went to see Blue Man Group. Before the show, I asked where the men's room was. and they said you had to go through the theatre auditorium to get.to the bathrooms, and they were not available until the house was open (the staff was still cleaning uop all the paper from the early show). They sent me across the street to the Public - they said the folks there were perfectly OK with Blue Man Group refugee coming across the street to use their bathrooms.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#47re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 11:22am

The last time I was at the Gershwin, I used the men's room in the mezzanine, and noticed something disturbing. The stalls have this highly reflective black ceramic tile on the back wall. There is enough space between the back wall and the side partition that you can actually see the relection of the person in the stall next to you. Some folks may be into this, but not me.

I noticed the black tile last night, but no reflections that God, because it was early and I was alone. Phew! What a relief!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#48re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 11:23am

Hm. That's a little unsettling.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#49re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
Posted: 2/25/06 at 11:29am

This is one of the few times in theater that it is great to be a man, yes the women get better parts, but we can get to pee faster

Videos