pixeltracker

saddest broadway moments- Page 2

saddest broadway moments

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#25re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 4:18pm

I never cried at a show either, but there are some sad moments I can think of.

The ending of "Souvenir."
The ending of "Sweet Charity."
The ending of "Phantom."
"No Good Deed" and "For Good" from "Wicked."

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#26re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 4:23pm

Not sad, but "Impossible Dream" was very moving in the revival. I can only imagine Kiley doing it.

Esparzafan Profile Photo
Esparzafan
#27re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 4:33pm

When Philip Salon (Raul Esparza) performed the song Petrified in Taboo...gave me goosebumps / made me cry every time I saw it.

surefinewhatever Profile Photo
surefinewhatever
#28re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 5:37pm

I'll Cover You (reprise) in RENT

" I don't cause commotions, I am one."

londonbaby Profile Photo
londonbaby
#29re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 5:40pm

the whole Phantom of The Opera ending made me cry! especially when christine gives back the ring...omg...dont make me think about it! :'(

both reached for the gun!

#30re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 5:44pm

RENT in its entirety. But some of those tears are happy tears.

#31re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 5:54pm

Well, it's off-Broadway, but there are several songs in Bare that make me cry my eyes out. It mostly starts at "Ever After" in act one. Then in the second act, I cry from "Once Upon A Time" until after the bows... That show absolutely tears my heart out. But I love it all the same :)

I cry during the reprise of "I'll Cover You" in RENT. And "Goodbye Love" and "Without You," too.

There are other times where I've broken down, but I can't think of them right now.

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#32re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 7:12pm

I told you I'd be back!

In Les Miserables, after the battle, when you can see all the soldiers except Enjolras. I remember every time I saw the show I would plead (with who, exactly, I'm not sure) for him to be okay--but then the barricade would turn and reveal Enjolras.

Off-Broadway: The Normal Heart. Raul's scream as the lights went down--it was absolutely haunting.
Also from The Normal Heart: The smashing of the food. I was not only sobbing (loudly) but I actually found myself flinching with each item thrown.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

Broadwaygirl22 Profile Photo
Broadwaygirl22
#33re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 7:50pm

The Lion King and West Side Story made me cry. The music in The Lion King is so beautiful and the ending of West Side Story is sad so that's why lol.

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation."
Updated On: 2/14/06 at 07:50 PM

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#34re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 7:57pm

Althugh I didn't cry, that "Dividing Day" sequence really was haunting.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

SweetQintheLights
#35re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 8:15pm

"I'll cover you"- RENT

"For Now"- Avenue Q

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#36re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 8:39pm

"I'll Cover You" and "Goodbye Love" from Rent
"Some Things are Meant to Be" Little Women
"For Good" and the Finale from Wicked
At the very ending of "Far From the Home I Love" from Fiddler on the Roof

I cry all the time in movies though.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#37re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:09pm

- When Aida and Radames get buried together in AIDA
- When Sweeney realizes he just killed Lucy in SWEENEY TODD
- "Mr.Cellophane" in CHICAGO, also Hunyak's disappearing act
- The end of SWEET CHARITY

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#38re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:13pm

WIW spoilers (if any of you care!)

- WIW: Marion (Friedman) singing "All for Laura" and then when she discovers it's Laura instead of Anne in the asylum

- Sunset: When Norma is alone in the mansion on New Years Eve, slowly descending into madness from her loneliness

- Passion: "Loving You"

- Aspects: "Anything But Lonely"

IdinaRocks Profile Photo
IdinaRocks
#39re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 9:44pm

I think it would be easier to count the number of times i HAVEN'T cried at a show.........all that's coming to mind is spamalot lol........i guess i'm a bit emotional.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#40re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/14/06 at 10:58pm

The end of Sweeney (out of fear)
The end of Assisans

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#41re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/15/06 at 12:14am

You were so scared you cried? You're pretty easily scared, aren't you? Quicklookoverthere BOO!

I cried when Bambi's mother got shot--crap... okay, I've outed myself... I'm actually a robot from the future sent back to observe the past, and in the future Broadway is dominated by nothing but animatronic animation to stage adaptations.

((I cried tears of oil. It moved me THAT MUCH))

yr ronin,
joey

Bwaybaby109
#42re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/15/06 at 12:52am

I also cried when Kim shoots herself in Miss Saigon....I pretty much bawled, i didn't expect it coming

Even though I was in this show, every time i watched our guy who played Ugly in HONK!, when he sings "Different" I always got teary eyed. So sad.

When the solider sings "Tell My Father" in Civil War....ahhh so sad!! Pretty song!

I have never seen Parade before, but when I heard the cast recoring and pictured the story in my head, I admit that I cried at the end....I need to see this show!

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#43re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/15/06 at 2:03am

I never really cry at shows, cause I get too into them, but I was really close at Piazza. No moment in particular, but just near the end when you think about everything and let it all just sink in and you're like, "wow, that was incredible."

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#44re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/15/06 at 4:17am

The moment I heard Michael Wittenberg had entered Immortality. Sad for Bernadette - Sad for Michael's Family, Sad for Everybody. Bernadette is in my thoughts & prayers all the time! Love ya Bernie! xxooo, Jimmy

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#45re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/15/06 at 11:15am

When Raul Got Married (To A Woman!)

*weep*

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#46re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/15/06 at 1:23pm

I'll Cover You Reprise

Come one people it's only like the most romantic, sweetest and saddest song.

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

changinandhow Profile Photo
changinandhow
#47re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/15/06 at 2:38pm

- "For Good" with Kristin & Idina.
- "I'll Cover You [reprise]" and the very end of Rent.
- End of Phantom.
- "I Honestly Love You", The Boy From Oz.
- "Some Things Are Meant to Be", Little Women.

DramaDork925
#48re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/15/06 at 2:49pm

RENT when Angel died and I got pretty teary during the I Love You Song in Spelling Bee

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

bwayondabrain
#49re: saddest broadway moments
Posted: 2/15/06 at 2:54pm

okay
- somethings are meant to be from little women, it just made me think of my sister and i for some reason
-ending of POTO, just with the phantom crying and disappearing and all
-"without you" from RENT (the movie). it was rosario that really made me cry re: saddest broadway moments

and the saddest one
-the scene in the light in the piazza (not the "dividing day" one), but towards the end when margaret is on the phone with her husband and says the thing like "just because shes different doesnt mean she is made to accept less from life" or something along those lines. it made me think of my cousin who has mental problems and will not be able to lead a normal life, and just victoria saying that with kelli walking in, and running away... very sad! re: saddest broadway moments

Videos