pixeltracker

REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?- Page 2

REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#25re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/24/06 at 11:45pm

However, they also stated that because this was the first year they gave this award, they would make exceptions.
I think Harvey Fierstein or Charlotte D'Amboise

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#26re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/24/06 at 11:46pm

The rules on this are just too hazy.
I think Ashley is amazing but this will probably go to a bigger star.
I think the category was created as an incentive to lure Stars to the boards in hope of an award.
Unless Disney greases some pockets, that is....
Updated On: 3/24/06 at 11:46 PM

zoomzoom Profile Photo
zoomzoom
#27re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/24/06 at 11:46pm

Vote for Aaron Lazar and Ashley Brown.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#28re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/24/06 at 11:51pm

I know I'm a little late in the game, but I feel it's my duty:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=888680

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=885457

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=688828

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=38865

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#29re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/24/06 at 11:56pm

Why even waste the time? None of those threads are on the front page. Does it REALLY kill you to have one or two threads about it? Why not put the enrgy it took to find those threads into discussing the Special Tony with us? :)

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

Wanna Be A Foster
#30re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/24/06 at 11:58pm

I did discuss it, doll. In those threads. And it took me 10 seconds to look those up. It's not difficult to use the search function, believe it or not.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

Renthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
#31re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:01am

Guys on playbill.com i heard that the person who is going to be nominated has to have replaced somewon who won the tony for there role. Shosana gets my vote.

Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

Wanna Be A Foster
#32re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 12:03am

No, the prospective winner has to be replacing in a role that was ELIGIBLE to have been NOMINATED for a Leading Performance Tony the year the show opened.

-Kad

Updated On: 3/25/06 at 12:03 AM

worrell4077
#33re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 1:36pm

Hunter Foster-The Producers
Jonathan Pryce-DRS
Alan Tudyk-SpamAlot
Howard McGillin-POTO

Thesbijean
#34re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 1:42pm

I think it is silly.

There should be a Tony for "Best Ensemble" before "Best Replacement."

MargoChanning
#35re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 2:40pm

If I'm not mistaken, there are no nominees for Best Replacement. It's simply voted on and announced on Tony night. And there can be both a male and female recipient or, if they choose, they can only give one award or no award.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

thevolleyballer
#36re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 2:43pm

I would definitely say Ashley Brown. She's generated so much buzz, and she's garnered more positive reviews than any other new Belles I've seen join the cast. Hooray for Ashley Brown. :)

The W.A.N.D
#37re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 6:32pm

Eileen Atkins- Doubt
Johnathan Price- Dirty Rotten Socundrels
Alan Tudyk- Spamalot

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#38re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 6:42pm

remember kiddies they had to play the part 6 months so John O'Hurley, and Robin Givens are ineligable

It's ineligible. (Yes, I am a spelling freak). I also didn't know they had to play the role for 6 months.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#39re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 6:44pm

The day Shoshana Bean wins a Tony for anything is the day I stop supporting theatre.

dancingthrulife04
#40re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 6:45pm

Amen, Bobby.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Thesbijean
#41re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 6:48pm

I second that.

So, basically it works like:

TONY COMMITTEE:

"Mr. Pryce, we would like you to present the award for Best Scenic Design. Also, you may wanna have like a speech of your own, cause, you never know. Wink, wink."

So stupid.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#42re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 6:48pm

Really, I've tried so hard to get her mass appeal, but I just can't.

dancingthrulife04
#43re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 6:51pm

When she makes that R&B album, I'll absolutely buy it. If she's in another Broadway show (which she's already said she won't be), I can't imagine myself wanting to see it.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#44re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 6:58pm

She sings at these pitches that literally give me a headache and make my stomach hurt. For me, she just copies Idina.

musicman89 Profile Photo
musicman89
#45re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 7:05pm

It's going to be one of these:

Eileen Atkins, Doubt
Jonathan Pryce, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Harvey Fierstein, Fiddler on the Roof (if he's determined to be eligible)

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." ~ Freddie Mercury

Thesbijean
#46re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 7:08pm

It CAN be One male and One Female

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#47re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 7:09pm

I think the two people who deserve it the most are
1. Charlotte D'Amboise-- because she is totally under-rated, and she is always treated like crap because she is in and out of Chicago (but is by far the best Roxie of all time) or
2. Eileen Atkins-- I mean she is amazing, just out of this world, and she approches it totally differently than Cherry Jones. And I dont think either is better, simpally because when I saw it with the different casts, it was just an all together different play.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#48re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 7:11pm

HMM unless I am having trouble w my math (always poss) I think Pryce might not be eligible. Didn't he replace in early FEB?

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#49re: REPLACEMENT TONYS: WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
Posted: 3/25/06 at 7:14pm

but he is contracted for at least six months, so I believe that it is ok. I dont think Harvey will be nominated just because his show has closed. I think they will give it to an already opened show, just so it helps the show along which is why they are doing this in the first place.

Videos