Wedding Singer Rumor

thevolleyballer
#25re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:48pm

Boy, if Tina Maddigan didn't get bumped up to full status if the show lasted to replacements, there would be many a thread that would be pretty upset.

This sparks an interest, though, in that if the show were to survive long enough to get replacements, they would have to be stunt casting. When capacity is that low, sometimes stunt casting brings it back to life. Bah. Bring on the A-list celebs.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#26re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:50pm

Hilary Duff is a pop star. She is way more famous than anyone from American Idol. So there is no comparisson there. I doubt Duff will ever be cast in The Wedding Singer, but if that would happen, the show would be sold out everynight.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

snl89
#27re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:51pm

gustof777, now Kat Mcphee would actually be a REALLY good julia re: Wedding Singer Rumor I love her, and she can ACTUALLY sing- and i bet she really can act too! hehe

though.. I still say kat needs to do elphie in Wicked before Wedding Singer. She'd be SO AMAZING. but... thats getting off topic :P haha (for the record, the thought of her doing the MOVIE of wicked, NOT GOOD. That's idina's for the taking. haha)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 7/26/06 at 03:51 PM

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#28re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:51pm

I think Jennifer Love Hewitt would be pretty cute as Julia. Her television shooting schedule wouldn't allow for it though.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#29re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:55pm

I figured something like this was going to happen. Haylie is in Hairspray, so now Hilary wants in on the Broadway world.

opiv Profile Photo
opiv
#30re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:58pm

That would be disastrous.

And yeah, Robbie would look like a pedophile. Gross.

"I feel god in this chili's..."

jdixon69 Profile Photo
jdixon69
#31re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 4:04pm

You know who would be the most upset about this? Haylie.

"Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"

snl89
#32re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 4:10pm

^hahahha, soooo true!

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

muscle23ftl
#33re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 4:19pm

The Duff sisters are very close, and they really seem to have a healthy relationship. Hilary always seems to push Haylie's career. I doubt Haylie would be upset if Hilary makes her Broadway debut. But I don't see Hilary joining The Wedding Singer anytime soon(unfortunate for their box office)

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

froggy2
#34re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 4:46pm

There is no way. The fact that Hilary Duff has a career as a recording artist is enough of a joke as it is; she only gets by because of how common it is for 'singers' to lip nowadays. There's no way in hell she'll get away with that on Broadway. The bitch can't sing live, end of story.

And as for stunt casting... her target audience is made up entirely of preteen girls, most of whom weren't even BORN in the 80's. I can't imagine there's any serious consideration being given to her for this show. I'm sure it's just a slow news day over at The Insider and someone's just having a little fun.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#35re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 5:55pm

Close the piece of crap already.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#36re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 6:09pm

Will somebody please just make that family go away?

thevolleyballer
#37re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 6:10pm

Eh, sorry, Liz. Duff luck.

Oh my. I laughed at my own joke right there.

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#38re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 6:13pm

why would any of you begrudge the show success??

so what you may not like her for the part, but is that really going to ruin your life or affect you in any way?

if she joins and that keeps the show open, that means everyone else in the show still has a job. that's a good thing.

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#39re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 6:20pm

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit reading this.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#40re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 6:20pm

It's not our job to keep actors employed by heaping praise on crappy shows.

iHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
#41re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 6:42pm

I think I would have to kill myself if this ever happeed.

I loathe Hilary Duff with a passion only reserved for talentless makeup-caked drama queen Disney stars. She is possibly one of the least talented people in Hollywood and honestly, I would never see a show she was in. I love The Wedding Singer and not only is she too young to play anyone in that show, she would ruin it. She does not have the talent to do it. Maybe wiht the help of lots and lots of computer work her voice can sound maybe competent, but she's going to have to be on-stage every night and actualy sing LIVE with no digital help. She'd never make it.

I love The Wedding Singer very very much and that's why it's so extreme, but true, for me to say that I would rather see it close than see Hilary Duff even make it into the ensemble.

"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."

muscle23ftl
#42re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:03pm

Hairspray was sold out all week.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#43re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:24pm

Muscle I am all for bringing people into the theater but not at the cost of putting in people who do not deserve to be on Broadway. There is no way in hell that Hilary Duff should EVER be on a Broadway stage. Her concert was the most horrendous thing I have ever been to (I had to take my little sister and her friends...not fun) She can barely sing more than say 5 notes has all the charisma of a stick and she clearly was lip syncing a bunch of the songs.Sorry but I love Broadway and theater WAY too much to not get annoyed when I hear that they are in talks of letting Hilary Duff on a Broadway stage. I'm not saying that you don't love theater and as I said I get that sometimes you have to do this to keep people coming in...but I think Haylie as Amber, a character who as someone on another thread said, has about 20 minutes total of stuff to do is a completley different situation and you can't compare. It is not as if she's playing Tracy or even a more vocally demanding part like Penny. I have not seen her so I can't say wether she's good or bad but let's say it's a worse case scenario: she is god awful and can't sing or act...it's not a good thing but it won't take away from the show because she's not that big of a part...she comes out does her schtick, the people come to the theater in hoards the 10 year olds scream and love it and decide that they wanna do that someday too and in addition to screaming for Haylie they are won over by the cast who are all trained and hard working stage actors...and everyone goes home happy. Hilary as even Holly or even worse Julia would be abominable and theres no way in hell her voice could take 8 shows a week...let alone two! With a part that big you couldn't hide the fact that she was sub par...I could possibly see her losing fans who went and saw her as I witnessed when I saw her in concert (ie: people walking out saying "good lord she cannot sing live") I love the cast of Wedding Singer and want them to keep thier jobs for as long as possible but having Hilary replace Laura is in my opinion is just tasteless and I would rather see the cast move on to bigger and better things than be stuck in the wings every night watching Duff attempt to get through "Come Out of the Dumpster"

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~
Updated On: 7/26/06 at 08:24 PM

ZONEACE
#44re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:32pm

"That would take what is an AMAZING show"

Umm, overexagerate much? The show is FAR from amazing.

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

matt schneider
#45re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:34pm

I hate Hilary and I would loss all respect for the show if she came to it, or any show for that matter. I would personaly have a good show die good and with respect, than die without respect.

The bushes of Tex were nervous recks because their son was dim, But look what happened to him~Dirrty Rotten Scoundrels~all about Ruprecht They say the thoughtful musicals dead on broadway~forbiden broadway : SVU~The crime scene Never say never, there's always one more person you can hit up~avenue Q.~the money song Life sucks, get a pacifyer~my own saying

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#46re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:35pm

I am not a Duff fan by any means or even a fan of this show, but its not like they are saying she might go into Sweeney Todd or something. Wedding Singer, though fun to watch, is a mindless, fluffy show filled with pop lyrics. I prefer the Laura Benanti school of singing, but its not like a pop "singer" could not at least do a decent job with the songs and attract the attention of the majority who go to these types of shows whose purpose is simply to let the audience have a fun time. Its not like she has never acted before (though I realize her acting is not Oscar worthy and film is a largely different medium).

To me, stunt casting is not always inherently bad. It depends on the show and what its trying to be.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)
Updated On: 7/29/06 at 08:35 PM

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#47re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:41pm

well to me the fact that the show is not that well written of a show is all the more reason to make sure the cast is top notch. It hides the flaws in the book or score if you have a cast who can deliver the lines realistically.

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#48re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:42pm

okay now i'm really pissed off, here's my rant

for all of the so-called Broadway fans who would rather see it close than have stunt casting:

you may hate the idea of her, you may not even like the wedding singer to being with, but to say you would rather see it close it appalling and disrepectful to everyone involved with the show, cast, musicians, writers, etc. you would rather people lost their jobs, have the theatre close until another show fills it, instead of letting people enjoy it for what it is.

yes, i agree, it is not a GREAT show, but it's entertaining and fun. you do get what you pay for (considering most tickets are sold at discounted prices)
and no, i don't know what she sounds like live, but who's to say she wouldn't be any good?

so you dont like her, so what, are you the casting director? no, so let the professionals do their jobs and shut up.

Updated On: 7/26/06 at 08:42 PM

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#49re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 8:48pm

WTF? I love the show but look at it's gross and attendance it's not doing that well and probably will close after Stephen leaves...so yes while it's still open I want to see it maintain it's great talented cast...so are you saying that we should just love EVERY show on Broadway and let anyone on just so we can keep people employed? Sorry, but I'd rather make sure that Broadway has standards.

Videos