pixeltracker

Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..- Page 2

Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..

COOOOLkid
#25re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 7:00pm

Lying is bad!

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#26re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 7:04pm

I guess this is the reason some celebrities don't really get into signing stuff. I'd hate to be a celeb and see what you thought was a sincere autograph seeker sell your autograph for profit on eBay.

greeneyed_one Profile Photo
greeneyed_one
#27re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 7:17pm

It is fairly impressive that the seller has an Usher autographed Chicago poster. Didn't Usher just join the other night?

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#28re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 7:47pm

I always find it more rewarding to have a story to do with the autograph.

Like waiting for Sutton before Drowsy i was getting hit on by a girl. And well i don't like them. Also like when Sutton got there and i took a photo of Sutton and my friend i was shaking and the pic came out all blurry so he is mad at me.

But then again it is impossible to meet her while she is in Drowsy!

Pemily Profile Photo
Pemily
#29re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 7:58pm

Actually, I don't get, how someone can buy autographs. What's the point/fun, if you didn't get them yourself after a show and can connnect a memory with it?

ThankstoPhantom
#30re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 9:02pm

^Exactly.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

broadwayxminixidina Profile Photo
broadwayxminixidina
#31re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 9:11pm

I love people who do shameless self-promotion.

I also think that it is a little sad that Sutton doesn't come out anymore, becuase she DOES have a lot of fans. Does anyone know WHY she doesn't come out anymore?

"Broadway is a very special place, filled with very special people, people who can sing and dance, often at the same time! They are a different people, a multi-talented people, a people...who need people...and who are, in many ways, the luckiest people in...the world." --Spamalot
<^>BROADWAY is LOVE<^>
<^>RENT is LOVE<^>
<^>WICKED is LOVE<^>
<< Me and Norbie. I look icky becuase I was FREAAAAKKKIIINNNGG out.

Yankeefan007
#32re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 9:19pm

She's got better things to do?

She's extremely friendly before the show. If you wanna meet her, she's happy to take pictures (as many as you want), sign autographs, and the like.

I saw her waiting for a bus yesterday. It was odd.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#33re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 9:24pm

sutton's so sweet.

I don't sign stage door to get an autograph, I get a memory. And every signature is a memory to me.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

JackiesBroJoe Profile Photo
JackiesBroJoe
#34re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 9:26pm

Avoid this guy. He's posted this on a number of theatre boards and is obviously some 16 year old who thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

NYSinger1 Profile Photo
NYSinger1
#35re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 9:54pm

Can anyone find Usher's signature on that poster? Not only did he register for BWW today, but these are also his first sales on eBay. I think this guy is a total hoax trying to make a quick buck.

buyer beware....and apparently they are...no-one has bid on any of his auctions, yet.

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#36re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 9:55pm

"Actually, I don't get, how someone can buy autographs. What's the point/fun, if you didn't get them yourself after a show and can connnect a memory with it?"

When I "bought" my signed playbill I actually didn't even know I was doing it. My sister and I went to see RENT and they were fundraising for BC/EFA. They made a whole speach on how they would be collecting money at the doors and you could get playbills and posters and the like. I honestly didn't pay attention but put a twenty in the bucket and before I knew it I had a signed playbill. Turned out to be a good thing b/c my sister was a party pooper that day and didn't want to wait at the stage door. I had a funny conversation with D'Monroe while getting the playbill, so it wasn't like I didn't have a memory to go with it.

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#37re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 10:17pm

I think we are talkign about Buying it online. Like I bought a signed T shirt from Ebay but it was For Equity fights AIDS. There is a memory.

IT isn't like oh today i want so and so, now i am goign to hop on ebay and add them to the collection.

Luckydave14
#38re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 10:27pm

Since this thread is getting so much buzz, I'm going to shamelessly plug the Elephant Project.

Check out http://www.elephantproject.org where you'll be able to bid for autographs to support the Alzheimer's Association

ashley0139
#39re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 10:32pm

I'm so impressed by how well you're doing. Hope it continues to go well!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

SweetQintheLights
#40re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 10:37pm

dave- that's a great site and a great cause! I'm sure your grandfather is proud.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

JohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
#41re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 10:47pm

So what, exactly, is the point of autographs? Why do people want them? I can't think of any reason in the entire world, why I'd want someone to write their name on something. Unless, of course, it was a check!

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#42re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/24/06 at 11:15pm

Funny autograph story.

My best friend's father is a very well known movie/sometimes theatre actor. We all live in NY. One day I was with my family in Knott's Berry Farm, which is an amusement park in Southern CA that my brother likes to go to, so we go once a year while we're in CA. As a joke I walked into this western/nature themed store. In a case there were a bunch of AUTOGRAPHED Geodes (WTF, right?). You know, those crystally flat pretty things. Well, we look at them, and there is one SIGNED BY MY BEST FRIENDS DAD. It was the weirdest experience. I sent a pic to my friend and we laughed so hard.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#43re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/25/06 at 12:49am

it's funny, too, that Jason is not the first person to come up with this idea of pretending to happen on to an e-bay item and then post about it. it's an insult to the intelligence of the rest of us. however, it has always been a dream of mine to own something signed by both Julie Andrews and Oprah...

Luckydave14
#45re: Wow.. I'm So Jealous of these Autographs..
Posted: 8/25/06 at 1:29am

Someone can report the auction to eBay. Sellers are not allowed to sell stuff on eBay to benefit an organization without using their program MissionFish.

Videos