pixeltracker

Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals- Page 2

Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#25re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 10:38am

She is a really good dancer. Like a few people said, Roxie isn't really a singer's role. I thik she will be O.K.Maybe.

Updated On: 8/29/06 at 10:38 AM

HamletWasBipolar Profile Photo
HamletWasBipolar
#26re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 10:39am

I love those people who say," We'll Ive always wanted to be an actress.....and a model,and a director,and a writer, and a singer,etc." Thank God other professions arent like this one. Hmm, " Ive always wanted to be a cardiologist"...doesnt work. It always amazes me that noone upon seeing Itzhak Pearlman says, "Wow, I can seriously do that!" But they'll watch Kevin Spacey in, The Iceman Cometh and grab a copy of Backstage and be at the next audition. It's called training and technique, sweetie dahling. I suggest you acquire some.

" I wish that the stage were as narrow as a tightrope wire, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." -- Goethe (he wants you to go to my Myspace page www.myspace.com/jasonklemm

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#27re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 10:40am

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if Jessica played Velma? Livin' in the shadows!

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#28re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 10:44am

I guess I won't get to see Linzi do this role after all when I'm in London. But, maybe if she is still doing it in Feb, I will go just for the experience.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#29re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 10:47am

I haven't seen an official announcement or any links yet.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#31re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 11:10am

she's rehersing in NYC rite now n she'll go to Ldn to do the role.
But I guess the Ldn run is probably a pre-Broadway run more than anything.

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

HamletWasBipolar Profile Photo
HamletWasBipolar
#33re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 11:17am

Heaven help my heart....and any other orrofice that is scared.

" I wish that the stage were as narrow as a tightrope wire, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." -- Goethe (he wants you to go to my Myspace page www.myspace.com/jasonklemm

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#34re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 11:33am

In London the age won't be a big deal at all. They get quite a few young Roxies.

But on Broadway all our Roxies have been age appropriate with a
couple on the younger side (Bianca, Spanger.)

I just feel bad for Fosse and Verdon. I just feel awful, and I'm sure Bobbie and Reinking share the same feelings inside.

evic
#35re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 12:57pm

Hey Parks- don't get yur tits in a snit- theres someone pullin em in as Billy now, Angie Stone- who I heard was horrific as Mama-aren't they MTV people?-this is going to be an ongoing casting stunt-pulling from a new source-it is cool to be on Broadway - whether you deserve to be - or not.....after Melanie they can cast anyone- watch the Weisslers raise the ticket prices!

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#36re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 1:04pm

She IS far too young. She's supposed to have been married for SEVEN YEARS. I just find that to be irresponsible casting.

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#37re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 1:05pm

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who doesn't totally despise this casting decision. It's strange, but it could've been worse.

This is the epitome of shallow, but I find that I actually kind of like Ashlee ever since her nose job. I think that the less I like Jessica, the more I like Ashlee. Simply on principle.

Papa Joe as Amos, anyone?

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

philcrosby
#38re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 1:06pm

It's like Melanie Griffith lite, isn't it?

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#39re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 1:39pm

LMAO...well...at least she will be the only person in the London cast to not mistake a mid-western accent for a southern one.

or will she? she is that dumb.

I just saw this in London....what a shame I can't go back to say I witnessed the death of musical theatre.

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

bwaybaby891
#40re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 1:49pm

I little part of me dies every time I hear of stunt casting. This one is different. A lot of me died when I read this. If this is true I will... I can't think of anything bad enough to do that won't land me in jail or disfigure myself. Well, let's just hope that she isn't a complete disaster.

"He who falls in love with himself will have no rivals" -Benjamin Franklin

AtypicalTheatre Profile Photo
AtypicalTheatre
#41re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 2:12pm

I'm a fan of hers (don't ask me why) but I just can't see her as Roxie. I'm not ever a fan of stunt casting, but I think I hate this one just a little bit more.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#42re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 2:18pm

The line "I'm older than I ever intended to be" now makes no sense.

philcrosby
#43re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 3:01pm

The line "I'm older than I ever intended to be" now makes no sense.

Only in a creepy way.

wicked_mimi
#44re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 3:13pm

Even if she is a decent dancer and the part is mostly dancing... she is not a good singer. All her songs require like zero vocal talent. Can she even vocally sing the part of Roxie? It isn't incredibly difficult but I don't know who allowed her to be cast. Last I checked you can't lip sync on broadway... ugh, this is the WORST stunt casting I have ever seen.

RentBoy86
#45re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 3:15pm

Roxie doesn't need to have some power chords, Renee from the Chicago film didn't really sing all that great, I mean she could carry a tune. I would imagine Simpson is the same way. Has Chicago in the West End had to stunt cast as much as the Broadway version? Seems like there's an announcement each week for some new person to join the cast of Chicago here on Bway.

colleen_lee
#46re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 3:16pm

Stunt casting bothers me endlessly, but this decision in particular has me feeling absolutely nauseous. It's one thing to put someone like Haylie Duff in a small teenage role in Hairspray, but this is above and beyond I ever thought even the Weissler's would go. One of the golden roles in musical theater, a role that requires solid triple threat talent and should be played a good 10 years older than Ashlee is. The girl barely passes for 18 right now.

I hope to she manages to not completely massacre this, but I am not holding my breath.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

flicker_ Profile Photo
flicker_
#47re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 3:26pm

Ok, so perhaps Ashlee Simpson as Roxie Hart is not the worst choice in the world. However, it certainly isn't the best. The bottom line is that there are hundreds of young women who would love to play Roxie and are exceedingly better than Ashlee. But instead of choosing a truly talented actress, Ashlee is chosen because she is famous. She brings people and fills the seats. If this hiring crappy celebrities trend continues, it will inevitably be the death of theatre. I just hope the casting directors realize this in time.

Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.

DramaLady2010
#48re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 3:28pm

WHAT.

well...who knows, she might be okay...
but...

WHAT.

Chicago's just kept on selling out...why?? keep broadway broadway!

Yero
#49re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 3:31pm

My God.
Quit your complaining and give the freaking girl a chance.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

Videos