DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com- Page 2

DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#25re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 2:02am

art imitates life....
life imitates art...

SHOW-BIZ it's... just..... SHOW-BIZ.........

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#26re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 2:06am

I like it, a lot! Man, I can't wait. Jennifer sounds absolutely fierce! re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

Kringas
#27re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 2:09am

I forget this was premiering tonight unti L i got home a few hours ago. This trailer was a very happy end to a very crappy day.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#28re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 2:19am

Wow, it really seems like a movie and not a musical trying to be a movie. Can't wait!

And I agree about Jennifer Hudson's not getting any credit. Just do it, put her name in the trailer, they know that she's the best shot at getting an acting nomination at the Oscars. The role and song are legendary and I'm sure people will still remember her from American Idol. So why not just put her name in the credits next to the others? Makes no sense to me. But o well.

~Steven

silent
#29re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 3:32am

The film looks visually stunning. From those few clips, Anika looks like she has Lorrell down pat. So much for Beyonce's improvement in acting. She looks like she's overplaying the part. When did Deena become campy?

ICEcreamAssassin Profile Photo
ICEcreamAssassin
#30re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 4:03am

I've heard so many rumours about Beyonces contract for this movie.. I only hope, by the end of the movie, who the real star is ... Jennifer Hudson. They could at least say something like and introducing Jennifer Hudson.. its her first film for god sakes. I have the recording of night only form itunes.. its all deena/beyonce. I hope to god its starts with Effie's version and goes into Deena's and the Dreams version.. Otherwise looks damn good

bwayondabrain
#31re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 6:37am

the trailer wont show up for me re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#32re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 8:57am

Is there another website that shows it? I am on mtv.com and the video is not playing for me and I REALLY want to see it.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#33re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 8:58am

I was excited to see the trailer during the episode of South Park. It looks like a georgious film! My only quams is (and it's a small one) was when Beyonce was singing the "One Night Only" and her voice was going all over the place. I guess it's just my only concern is that her vocals kind of irritate me. But Jennifer Hudson sounds great! I only hope I don't try to think of Jennifer Holliday too much when I see the film. But it looks terrific. Does anyone know if Eddie Murphey sings himself or dubbed???

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#34re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 9:05am

I just went to bet.com and it worked for me there. and, OH . . . MY . . . A-GOD! I literally got chills watching it. This is sure to be one of the best movie musicals EVER!

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#35re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 9:17am

I loved it.

Hudson sounds wonderful.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Casey3
#36re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 9:34am

I think EVERYONE in this film will be fine, but apparently that's just me. Anywho, I do hope this film takes home plenty of Oscars, but what the hell is up with putting the film's main lead in supporting? In my opinion this role is too big (and according to early screening audiences so is the performance) to be put in Supporting? Someone said it was to ensure a win. Do they REALLY want it to be THAT easy? No suprise or competition or anything? Or is there less faith in Ms. Hudson by the studio than we think?

Kringas
#37re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 9:40am

No, I don't think it's about less faith in Hudson. The same thing was done with Catherine Zeta-Jones in Chicago. A lot of people I know who saw it (and weren't even familiar with the stage show) were surprised that her role in the movie was considered supporting.

All in all, I think everything I've seen so far looks great. I see no reason to be annoyed with the movie (or really any movie, that is). I'm guessing one of the reasons Hudson's name isn't announced in the trailer is because she doesn't have over the title billing.

Beyonce looks fine to me. Perhaps I just don't have the gift to gauge a sub par performance over her part in a trailer, but I've always thought she'd make a fine Deena and I still think that now.

Tir Na Nog
#38re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 9:54am

Ya know the more of this movie I see the more it makes me not want to see it. It looks as if Effies story is being totally pushed behind Deenas. Beyonce cant act her way out of a paper bag. The only truly talented Dreamette is Anika Noni Rose and she looks to be in the film for about 5 min.

I hope I'm wrong.

Oh and Hudsons AIMTY is a HUGE disapointment. Frenchie Davis' was better.

"One difference between poetry and lyrics is that lyrics sort of fade into the background. They fade on the page and live on the stage when set to music". - Stephen Sondheim

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#39re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:17am

i agree about jennifer i feel like she is getting no recognition in the movie. who knows...atleast it should say and introdcuing jennifer hudson its not really that fair. i understand that the 3 are bigger names...but most people know who she is. what will they do for hairspray?

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#40re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:46am

Are you kidding, Frenchie Davis' AIATY lacked so much emotion. The notes were right, but there was zero soul in her rendition. At least there wasn't when I saw her.

Kringas
#41re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:49am

Christ, I wonder if even Jennifer Hudson is as worked up about the billing as some of you are.

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#42re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 11:58am

Exactly. I'm sure Ms. Hudson is quite content landing a role as big as this after never having appeared in a movie (that I know of). Once the movie comes out, the talent will most likely speak for itself.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#43re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 12:09pm

"Christ, I wonder if even Jennifer Hudson is as worked up about the billing as some of you are."

It does get kind of funny. The way some people get worked up you'd think she was a starving child in Cambodia who just had a piece of bread stolen from her. I'm sure she'll be fine.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Kringas
#44re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 12:10pm

At the end of the day, I don't care about the billing, I don't care how the movie is received (although I hope it does very well) and I don't care if Beyonce has it in her contract that no women from the movie can even be mentioned in the same breath as her. All I care about is that the movie is good. From what I've seen so far, it looks like it may be. I think the trailer's done a good job of getting the general jist of the story across for people unfamiliar with it.

It's no surprise that you can't tell the movie is a musical, though. I wonder if there will ever again be a trailer for a musical that shows the characters actually singing a book song in context.

MusicalMan76 Profile Photo
MusicalMan76
#45re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 12:13pm

Guys -- please help! I'm in Canada, and the BET and MTV websites are denying me access to the trailer! And there's nothing on youtube yet either! Anyone have some ideas where I can find it? Please offer some suggestions! :) Thanks!

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#46re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 12:17pm

Well, the RENT movie trailer had the whole cast sing and at the end of the trailer, you actually saw them do it. That is what I didn't understand about people seeing the movie whispering, "This is a musical?"

Wildcard
#47re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 12:17pm

The general public still have misconceptions about seeing American Idols on screen. Some may see it as laughable, despite the talent of those involved. It took a while for Kelly Clarkson to prove herself. This film will do that for Jennifer Hudson. I don't care what her billing is like as long as they didn't cut down her role for the film (which they didn't). I'm so looking forward to this movie.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#48re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 12:20pm

You don't want Hudson in the Best Actress category with all of the buzz for Mirren.

I was blown away by Hudson's AIATY. It's brilliant.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#49re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
Posted: 10/19/06 at 12:22pm

Check your PMs, MusicalMan76.

Enough with the griping already! Hahahaha. re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com

Videos