pixeltracker

Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner- Page 2

Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#25re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 1:07pm

"Brian, Marc and Kristin are getting paid literally nothing for THE APPLE TREE, as it is Roundabout and not-for-profit."

You'd be surprised at what a not-for-profit theatre can afford to pay stars. Not-for-profits can have HUGE budgets. I'm willing to bet Harry Connick cost more than Brian or Marc.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#26re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 1:09pm

Naah. Roundabout saves all their cash for their execs.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#27re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 1:13pm

As long as Brian stays attached... I'll be the first in line to get tickets!

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#28re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 1:30pm

Yay! I had been thinking about taking a trip to Chicago next summer -- but if YF is going to be playing there I will DEFINITELY be going! I can't wait until they announce the dates and tickets go on sale!

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

Yankeefan007
#29re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 1:58pm

Connick has said in interviews that he only got paid scale for Pajama Game. Scale, for Roundabout (and the other non-profits) is only about $1100, by the way. Clearly, he didn't do it for the money.

I believe I read in casting announcements that the Apple Tree and 110 in the Shade casts are also getting paid this minimal amount.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#30re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 2:05pm

I am happy to see this initial reading did well enough to put it on the fast track. Originally, they had planned to schedule another one for the summer and have it premiere in the fall fo 2008 (with a spring 2007 out of town tryout in Chicago,) so they really must be happy with it to bump it up that quickly.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#31re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 2:06pm

"Clearly, he didn't do it for the money."

Did anyone assume he did?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#32re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 2:22pm

i know i say this every single time, but i am glad people are starting to see what we already knew about Brian D'arcy James. that man is GOLD! re: Young Frankenstein Reading:  Seems Like a Winner

mauriposa
#33re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 3:44pm

I'm quite excited about this. *votes for Chicago previews* Finally, a show my father might want to see! Given that he hasn't come to a show with me since I was a kid and Donny Osmond was Joseph, he's due.

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#34re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 3:52pm

I am so excited for this, I absoulutly LOVE this movie and the cast is FABULAS

jasobres
#35re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 4:52pm

Apparently, the only cast member from the workshop who will officially be in the Broadway cast is Cloris Leachman. Kristin, Brian, and Roger Bart are "slated" to be in it as well.

Incidentally, I wonder how they're going to do the horses whenever someone mentions Leachman's character's name (Frau Blucher).
Click here for article

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth
Updated On: 11/8/06 at 04:52 PM

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#36re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 5:56pm

"* "My Boyfriend!" - a Weill sendup sung by Frau Blucher."

Wow, Cloris Leachman singing a sendup of a Kurt Weill song--I'm sure that alone will be the price of admission.

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#37re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 6:17pm

Every article I've seen about the show has said it's been pondering a pre-Broadway run in Seattle until now. Guess things have changed.

"The post further reported that the show will likely open in Chicago in summer 2007 and then arrive on Broadway in the fall. Previously, Seattle was mentioned as a possible launch town for the show. Brooks and Meehan have been laboring on the script since early 2003"

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/102661.html

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

RevolutionaryCostume Profile Photo
RevolutionaryCostume
#38re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 6:54pm

Eeeek!

I'm so excited that critics are enjoying it. I love YF, and I love Cloris Leachman. . so I can't wait to see this when it comes to Chicago.

I'll be online with my credit card the second they are available .. after The Pirate Queen, I'm ready to see a HIT preview re: Young Frankenstein Reading:  Seems Like a Winner

~Jacob.

rose_pearl Profile Photo
rose_pearl
#39re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 6:55pm

"i know i say this every single time, but i am glad people are starting to see what we already knew about Brian D'arcy James. that man is GOLD!"

AMEN to that!

~*Sara*~

Who would play you in the movie? "Taye Diggs." --Brian d'Arcy James

AlmostFamous2 Profile Photo
AlmostFamous2
#40re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 6:59pm

Young Frankenstein is by far one of the funniest movies of all time, and hopefully the musical will be a hit.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#41re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 7:16pm

It sounds like it will be better than The Producers

It should be fun seeing the lab set with all the gizmos & do dads. Last time I saw them live was when I saw Frankenstein @ The Palace

Looking forward to this

Poster Emeritus

Jwaa
#42re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 7:44pm

i cannot wait!

ah man the cast and the films comedy put together is going to be explosive!!!!!!!!

XXX

TheEnchantedHunter
#43re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 8:57pm

Oh, please, like anybody in show business knows anything!

Like the 20 'insiders' aren't all going to love it! What else are they going to say? They're probably Mel's friends! So very, very STUPID!

Lest we forget, that work of art called SEUSSICAL also received a rapturous response at its reading and we all know how THAT turned out.

The verdict isn't in until the verdict is in. And until then, nobody in show business knows ANYTHING.

Rupert Pupkin
New York City

Updated On: 11/8/06 at 08:57 PM

FinallyAmember
#44re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 9:26pm

I have full belief in this musical merely because Brooks turned Teri Garr's ridiculous yet hilarious roll, roll, roll in the hay bit into a whole song. I'm still thinking that Sutton and Kristin should change roles. I don't see Sutton as Inga; Inga is a bit eccentric, and Sutton fits more of the proper, regal Elizabeth. We all know Kristin can do eccentric. I'm sure it will be great though, they are both good actresses and could pull either off. I think I'd just prefer it switched.

I cannot wait for this to come out!!

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#45re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/8/06 at 9:35pm

Sutton and Kristin on the same stage would fulfill my every dream.

beacon1
#46re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/9/06 at 12:01am

Hallowe'en 2007...Happy Birthday to ME! I so hope this happens.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#47re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/9/06 at 2:25pm

I would love this show to be designed in monochrome.

Any chance?

Josh Freilich
#48re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/9/06 at 4:58pm

BLUCHER!

{whinnies profusely}

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

#49re: Young Frankenstein Reading: Seems Like a Winner
Posted: 11/9/06 at 5:46pm

Hunter why ya gotta piddle on my Post Toasties? I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl thinking about this show! And true, at any point it can shift from gold to puke, but you have to admit, if you were investing in a Broadway show this one would have a better prospectus than most.
Updated On: 11/9/06 at 05:46 PM

Videos