News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

New Fantine!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#25re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:57pm

She understudied Mme. Thénardier in 2000/2001. I saw her go on a couple of times and she was excellent.

Ah, thanks!

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#26re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 4:07pm

I hope it's either Judy Kuhn or Niki gets bumped up.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#27re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 4:54pm

ohh judy kuhn :) What about Sharon wheatley?? She did the tour and bway.. her book is hot right now.

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
My Strongest Suit
#28re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 5:28pm

"As long as it's not Joan Almedilla again."

AMEN!!!

LET OTHERS RISE TO TAKE OUR PLACE UNTIL THE EARTH IS FREE!

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#29re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 5:33pm

Lisa Howard would be fantastic.

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#30re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 5:39pm

Judy Kuhn would be brilliant.

Yero
#31re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 5:54pm

Ruthie!

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#32re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 5:58pm

Ruthie Henshall is in town, so why not.

Lisa Brescia was just freed up.

Would love either of them.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#33re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 6:34pm

I have to say Alice Ripley is the only reason I would go see this show. It is really time for her to come back to Broadway!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#34re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 6:50pm

Isn't Lisa Brescia a bit young for Fantine?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

lucydee Profile Photo
lucydee
#35re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 6:50pm

Somethingwicked, Thanks for the dates.
I have family flying in from Florida
and taking them in February so wanted
to know if Daphne would be there.

Though it would be nice to try someone new.

Feel the Love - Les Mis

Isabella2
#36re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 7:07pm

good now i know to wait til january... i want to be able to like the part of fantine and not wanting her to die and such...

i hope judy kuhn gets it. she would be great

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#37re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 7:48pm

Isn't Lisa Brescia a bit young for Fantine?

Hell, Rachel York was 20.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

JB Fan
#38re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 8:26pm

Lisa Brescia is in her mid-30s...

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#39re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 8:55pm

Last I heard, Daphne herself isn't even positive of the dates. She has consistantly said that she will be leaving either the very end of January or the beginning of February. She isn't sure how long she will be gone but I believe she said 8-12 weeks.

She told me that if I wanted to see her I should go before February. So if you are going in January you may still catch her.

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

Dollypop
#40re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 9:04pm

Carol Channing

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

bwaylvsong
#41re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 9:11pm

Fantine (IMO) can be any age between 20 and 35. Hence, Lisa Brescia/many of the other ladies are fine. I'd like to see Rachel York in the role.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#42re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 9:14pm

Oops. I always thought Fantine would be a little older than that. Well, then I'd like Rachel York as well (if Lisa Howard didn't do it re: New Fantine!).

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#43re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:01pm

ETA: Lisa originally auditioned for the role but was terribly ill.

She has a slot to audition as the temporary replacement, so send all your positive vibes her wayyyyyyy.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock
Updated On: 11/21/06 at 11:01 PM

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#44re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/22/06 at 6:49am

Judy Kuhn would be perfect, and Les Mis fans would love to see one of the original cast members come full circle.

A few others I'd love to see:
Emily Skinner...just imagine her "I Dreamed a Dream". I've got chills just thinking about it.
Marla Schaffel. She's done it before and she's amazing.
Kaitlin Hopkins. A terrific singing actress who'll be finishing up with The Grinch right about the time that Daphne will be leaving.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#45re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/22/06 at 7:52am

Lisa Howard did "I Dreamed a Dream" at Broadway Unplugged just recently. She was excellent! And with no mic!!!!!

bwaybud
#46re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/22/06 at 9:58am

I seriously doubt they will recast, Nikki is absolutly fantastic in the role and is extremely deserving after winning the Gypsy robe for the cast.

GO NIKKI

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#47re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/22/06 at 10:56am

If Lauren Kennedy wasn't "too young" to play Fantine, Lisa wouldn't be. Brescia that is.

I'd be OVERLY thrilled if it was Lisa Brescia OR Lisa Howard. Actually I think I'd pick Bresica... she's so passionate...

People need to stop talking about Alice Ripley though, she was glorious and it's getting me way too excited and then I'll be all sad when it doesn't happen.

*sigh*

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#48re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/22/06 at 11:01am

Isn't Lisa Howard still in Spelling Bee though? I doubt she'd leave for a short stint in Les Mis?

Fontybell
#49re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/22/06 at 11:56am

I would love to see it go to Haviland Stillwell. She is covering Daphne now, and I cannot wait to see her go on! She also slightly resembles Ali Ewolt, so it would definitely read for them to be mother/daughter. And, she's great!

Videos