pixeltracker

The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread- Page 2

The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#25re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:22pm

Sally Struthers thought it was funny when the guy who won for Best Lighting kept shouting out her name.

Other than that, I'm with B12B...BORED

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#26re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:23pm

Besty, if I weren't drunk, I would probably be bored as well.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#27re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread

This should be called the misery likes company thread. Munk should have fun in this thread.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#28re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread

Well, why would Grey Gardens get Best Musical and not Best Score? If anything beats Spring Awakening. It'll be Poppins.

beyondblessed Profile Photo
beyondblessed
#29re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread

I'm in total agreeance peeps. SA for best choreography, wtf, they touch themselves, jump up and down, spit and give the finger. Don't get me wrong it's nice but c'mon, that show had to take like 3hours top to choreograph.

Going to a musical late in its run is like going to a prostitute late in her shift.

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#30re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:25pm

I doubt it.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#31re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:25pm

Foster, you did not need to post in this thread. We aren't posting on the SA love thread. Let us complain if we want to.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

broadwayjim42
#32re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:26pm

We're not even halfway through the show yet...and I was bored at 8:45.

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#33re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:27pm

ya know why sa is sweeping

IT'S NEW AND DIFFRENT

curtains, mp and gg are all standard book musicals they are all great shows, but whats so diffrent about them from other book musicals? and dont say well the score etc etc etc . there is nothing groundbreaking about the shows themselves, and no the performance dont count, it really seems to me that the hate for sa is cus the audences are young and or fan girls. and thank god, for that, it bringing new audences into the theater. but back to the fan girls and the hate for them

i will bet that all you that hate on the fan girls were all fan girls/boys for some show at some point, otherwise you wouldnt be here now would you?

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#34re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:29pm

Choreograhpy??? Are you serious??? It got 5 awards and it beat Popins for choreography?

Will Blonde go home empty?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#34re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:30pm

Another undeserved win.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#35re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:31pm

Harris ~ I'll just refer you to wonderfulwizard's comment to Foster.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#36re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:36pm

This is what I'd Love....For Legally Blonde to win the rest of their categories just because I love LB. AND--if SA. Didn't win Best Musical. Kinda like when Wicked got shocked qith Q! THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#37re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:39pm

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"
Updated On: 6/10/07 at 09:39 PM

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#38re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:40pm

Right now, I'm sick of seeing SA win everything. I'm trying to console myself with the fact that SA lost for best set and costumes during the pre-show.

"maybe it's not getting Musical, and that's why it's gettin' the other stuff."

I really, really, really hope this is true. There's only a small chance that it will be, but it'd exciting if there were to be an upset. I would love it the best musical to be Grey Gardens, but wouldn't mind Curtains or Poppins either.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"
Updated On: 6/10/07 at 09:40 PM

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#39re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:41pm

Even i'm bored...

and i'm at radio city!

Legally blonde won't get any awards

only best actress is left for them!

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

usmma2010 Profile Photo
usmma2010
#40re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:41pm

i agree the choregraphy is over the top

"and in the end the love you make is equal to the love you take"

ucjrdude902
#41re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:42pm

its got to the pt. where im like-PLEASE CALL ANYONE BUT SA!

Johnnytoc
#42re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:45pm

This really is sickening. Ah well, I guess Spring Awakening will now run for a good long time.

ucjrdude902
#43re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:48pm

PLEASE let it lose best musical.

ThankstoPhantom
#44re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:48pm

Drama...I am so sorry for you.

It got off to a fantastic start....I was loving the introductions to shows, Angela Lansbury...it was great...now they've let it dwindle.

Spring Awakening did not deserve orchestrations, choreography, lighting, or book.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 6/10/07 at 09:48 PM

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#45re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:50pm

I'm getting this feeling that Curtains will get best musical...as tribute to Kander & Ebb

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#46re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:51pm

You forgot choreography!

All the undeserved awards for this discombobulated mess of a show are making me nauseous.

ucjrdude902
#47re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:52pm

idc who wins best musical-but ur right-maybe it got the sympathy votes!

ThankstoPhantom
#48re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/10/07 at 9:53pm

I hate the creative team of Spring Awakening...they are so pretentious! "We're breaking new ground." "We're changing musical theatre..."

Blehk! Give me a break!

I don't hate the show, but I hate the way these people talk about how great their show is all the time. Turns me off.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Videos