pixeltracker

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!- Page 2

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#25re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:32am

She works at the one on Broadway and Times Square -- 46th Street location. She always has the early shift -- she's outta there by 6pm.

re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#26re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:33am

Endless Salad and Bread Sticks!!!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#27re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:36am

All you can eat jail food at THE OLIVE GARDEN! Just $5.95!!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

rose_pearl Profile Photo
rose_pearl
#28re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:43am

I thought it was hysterical! "Let Abe in!" re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!

~*Sara*~

Who would play you in the movie? "Taye Diggs." --Brian d'Arcy James

Kringas
#29re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:47am

Thanks for your help, guys! I hope she's not out the day I go there for lunch! Does anyone know if she signs after her shift?

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#30re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 12:09pm

And the gaydar had the special note: Do not use at the Tony's.

Krysta and Brian were dying...lol.

Donna is just an ok waitress...maybe I caught her at a bad time but she dropped my pasta and we had to get a free fake frozen italian dessert.

anyway any of the people who interviewed him still were on Conan so they get like a 5 second exposure.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Lizzya9
#31re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:35pm

I absolutely loved it! I agree, that a rubber dog puppet won't exactly hurt Broadway ; ) I don't exactly feel bad for Broadway actors, they're extremely lucky. Chenoweth and Sutton Foster, I think they're doing just fine.

LOL and Murray has just dozed off...

the video will be up soon!

EdmundOG
#32re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:36pm

Do you people who are offended know what an insult comic is? And how seriously they should be taken? Particularly when they are a rubber dog?

Incidentally, I sat next to Robert Smigel's parents at Avenue Q. Or at least two old people who claimed to be. And I can't see why you'd lie about that.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#33re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:37pm

I do think the "who's who of who cares" is hilarious.

And I'm considering going to the Olive Garden just for Murphy when I'm in New York. I don't care if she drops anything.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#34re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:53pm

"Quite tragic when people don't have a sense-of-humor about anything -- themselves, their religion, their sexual preference, their lives."

Just because I didn't find Triumph the Insult Comic at the Tonys funny? Really?

Jon
#35re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 2:19pm

The best "in on the joke" moment was Martha Plimpton turning around and letting Triumph sniff her ass, after which he finally remembered who she was and all the movies she's been in.

Kringas
#36re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 2:22pm

Now we're sure she works at the one in Times Square and not the one is Secaucus? I'd really hate to get all the way down there and find out she's at another location.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#37re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 2:36pm

I actually think that whoever put the segment together knows something about theater. For example, I thought it was hilarious that the two people they showed when they were saying that everyone there were "nobodies" were Julie White and Jay Johnson, who of course were two winners that night whom we all recognize but are unknown to 99.9% of the population. And I also thought they did a great job in picking Donna Murphy for the Olive Garden joke, since she is obviously not working at a "civilian" job anytime soon while there are some other attendees for whom the joke might have struck a little close to home. And considering what Harvey Fierstein said during the ceremony itself, I don't think he could have bothered by what Triumph said to him. All in all, I thought it could have been much more mean than it was.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Lizzya9
#38re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 3:02pm

you're right, the staff at "Late Night" is very aware of theatre and the arts. Conan loves musicals and actually tap danced as a kid. and in interviews with different writers, like Smigel for example, sometimes they'll make these very obscure references to theatre that not many people would get. Conan based his famous Simpsons episode "Marge vs. the Monorail" on The Music Man, his favorite musical. and he was offered the role of Harold Hill in the revival but had to turn it down due to scheduling conflicts. sorry for this ranting, but I am a huge fan of Late Night and Conan, so when that and Broadway mix I am very happy!!

Playbill.com covered the Triumph thing, btw. here's the link:
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/108756.html

Lizzya9
#39re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 5:07pm

http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/video/index.shtml#mea=119138

the video is up!! Usually NBC cuts a minute or two out of the original airing when they put it on the web, but it's still very entertaining!!

eatlasagna
#40re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 5:18pm

aah... classic stuff right there!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#41re: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 5:54pm

Is something cut out of the video online?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#42triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 5:56pm

wow, that's so much better than the actual show.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

NathanLaneStalker
#43triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 6:06pm

That's THE funniest thing I have ever seen!! lol

I can't believe they didnt let Abe in. triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#44triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 6:31pm

How can you not adore Donna Murphy after seeing that?! I'm glad other people recognize the Goddess in her! She is beyond hilarious! I loved the "Who the hell is the masked man"? "Okay, god bless you...".

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Lizzya9
#45triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 8:35pm

I'm so glad other people like it!!

I love Donna, she was such a trooper! Abe should have been let in. LOL = )

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#46triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 8:53pm

Saw it last night./ Loved it.

And I love Conan. <3

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#47triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 10:30pm

What the crap was that? Omg...that was terrible. Matinee ladies making out?
Updated On: 6/13/07 at 10:30 PM

mrslovett7
#48triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 10:55pm

Wait, Kringas seems pretty convinced that Donna works at the Olive Garden.....is this true? I mean it's Triuph the king os sarcasm. But does she actually work there?

~H* "I slept through the nominations, as I always do. Anything I need to know, I'll find out when I get up at a reasonable hour!" -Michael Cerveris

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#49triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:01pm

I can't believe they made out. Brilliant.

Videos