STRIKE TOMORROW

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#25re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 10:50pm

and what makes you think it will be settled in time for the holidays?

-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#26re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 10:54pm

Anyone know the deal with lincoln center?

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#27re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 10:56pm

Lincoln Center should not be affected, unless the stagehands decide to walk in solidarity.

-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.

The Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
#28re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 10:56pm

How far does this go? Will this mean every Equity regional theater be dark? Now I'm nervous!

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State

Alphadog2
#29re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:00pm

"Lincoln Center should not be affected, unless the stagehands decide to walk in solidarity."

Which would be an illegal act by the stagehands, in which case Lincoln Center Theater should hit them with an unfair labor practices complaint.

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#30re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:01pm

so can someone list what shows WILL be affected? I have Mermaid tickets for the 21st and I will kill if I don't get to see it re: STRIKE TOMORROW

edit:

Grinch, Wicked, Grease, Cyrano, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Drowsy Chaperone, Rent, Hairspray and Legally Blonde are some.

seriously this is bull re: STRIKE TOMORROW

Updated On: 11/9/07 at 11:01 PM

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#31re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:03pm

On local NBC news in NYC it was just confirmed.

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#32re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:03pm

Mermaid WILL be affected. Look at the list of shows posted that shouldn't be..anything not on that list in a Broadway house will not be playing.

Updated On: 11/9/07 at 11:03 PM

viola13
#33re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:05pm

Did anyone else see the blurb saying "Broadway's Stagehands Are Said to Plan Strike for Saturday" on nytimes.com? It was up about ten seconds ago, but now it's gone...

kec Profile Photo
kec
#34re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:06pm

It was just announced on CBS news as well.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#35re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:14pm

This really sucks.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#36re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:18pm

I have a question, my friends were supposed to go see Jersey Boys this Sunday, since there will be a strike tomorrow, will they get refunded??

http://www.myspace.com/jrobertspencer
Can you keep the cup from tipping Can you keep the grip from slipping In despair, for just another day ~Next To Normal

musicalangel12
#37re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:21pm

CBS just updated the story and their sources say that ticket holders can get a refund if their show is affected by the strike. So, yes, your friends can get a refund.

"Movies will make you famous; Television will make you rich; But theatre will make you good."--Terrence Mann

"Pretty much...if you've seen any shows that have a jerk boyfriend in that show...I'm that guy."--Richard H. Blake

Diane: Aww, you are such a chick flick. I would totally pay $12 to see you. (Kristin Chenoweth on "Ugly Betty") http://musicalangel12.blogspot.com <-- my blog. Give it a read, please.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#38re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:22pm

I have onstage seats for Spring Awakening on 12/16. I really hope it doesn't last that long. Of course, if it does, me missing Spring Awakening will be the least of our problems.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#39re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:24pm

Now it's definatly official. Thank god I saw Is He Dead yesterday.

strike info from BWW Updated On: 11/9/07 at 11:24 PM

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#40re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:29pm

On a selfish note: UGH. I REALLY want to see Is He Dead, and PRAY it re- opens after a strike.

On a less selfish note: Well. Good luck to all.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#41re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:38pm

NY TIMES:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/09/theater/10stagehands.html

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#42re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:40pm

I doubt any IATSE workers will work, it's called solidarity, you'll see it in BILLY ELIOT.
I second best to all involved.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#43re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:42pm

Awww, gee. This sucks.

I've been driving by seeing the writers picketing over here and now THIS too. Hopefully it wont last long. So sorry to anyone on this board who this will effect.

NYCblurb
#44re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:42pm

Better now than during the holidays. And really, the union has some just crazy items in their contract; some of which make opening for many plays simply not possible.

Minimums for work/ers not needed.

Only in a union can you get paid for not showing up!

A lover of theater for decades. Teacher by day. Family man by night. See more theater than most, oftentimes a hesitant plus one.

henryt
#45re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:48pm

CurtainPullDowner, do you realize all the things that IATSE does? If all of IATSE strikes, so many things other than theatre will be shut down including TV and Sporting Events. Do you mean all of Local One?

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#46re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/9/07 at 11:58pm

Stupid question, but does the strike effect off broadway houses? I have tickets for Frankenstein on Sunday.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

COOOOLkid
#47re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:04am

the musicians’ strike in 2003, which lasted for four days, was the first time since 1975 that Broadway was shut down by a labor dispute.

What was the cause of the strike in 1975?

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#48re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:05am

i know this has been probley been asked but what happens the orch memebers and the casts do they still get paid, or are they SOL?

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

localonecrew
#49re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:06am

the strike starts at 10 am tomorrow. bway wardrobe heads and pink contract holders have already been informed. we get told officially at the 9am meeting.

see ya on the streets!

Videos